PDA

View Full Version : Hey Tiki! Does "Hall of Fame" sound comical?

Gmanindiego
02-06-2012, 03:53 AM
Great job GMEN!
Looks like disrespecting and quitting on your team does not make you a good judge of leadership.
Eli was truly unbeleiveable this year.

Tuffy44
02-06-2012, 03:58 AM
Tiki is an *** but not sure this is sealed for Eli. Mostly a great team win.

GmenFan1980
02-06-2012, 04:05 AM
only 5 QBs since the super bowl era have been named Super bowl MVP multiple times. Terry bradshaw- HOF / Joe Montanna- HOF / Bart Starr - HOF / Tom brady - Future HOF / Eli Manning - Future HOF :)

Tuffy44
02-06-2012, 04:07 AM
Only mannings get MVP with 1 td, they dont give it to guys like dilfer and rothlisberger. Thats just being real. Eli is the best we ever had but when you are a media darling you get named MVP, HOF is not easy to just get into.

jhamburg
02-06-2012, 04:11 AM
Only mannings get MVP with 1 td, they dont give it to guys like dilfer and rothlisberger. Thats just being real. Eli is the best we ever had but when you are a media darling you get named MVP, HOF is not easy to just get into.

Yes, because Dilfer's performance was as good as Eli's. Do you watch football games or just read box scores?

Tuffy44
02-06-2012, 04:16 AM
Eli is a great player out from his brothers shadow pulls out some magic stuff in the 4th 2 min drills. But I just dont see a HOF player. he will not light you up . he can help you win a close game and his play in the middle of games needs work. I do like having him and he is the best we ever had tho

JPP
02-06-2012, 04:16 AM

Well the winning QB will always get it unless someone else steps up and has an unbelievable game. I think the only other one I could make an argument for would be Tuck with 2 sacks and the forced Saftey but Eli was definitely not out of line he had 300yards and didn't need to pass for a 2nd TD because he got us down the field to fast and Bradshaw took it from there, still a 4th quarter drive though. I understand your argument but it wasn't because he was a Manning it was because he was a QB and there weren't many other prime candidates.

GmenFan1980
02-06-2012, 04:17 AM
Media Darling? what ever you say http://boards.giants.com/emoticons/emotion-43.gif

Just ignore all the hate the media gives Eli.

also 30/40 for what 290 ish yards? No turnovers, 4th Quarter game winner. TD are not the only factor for HOF consideration.

jhamburg
02-06-2012, 04:21 AM

Well the winning QB will always get it unless someone else steps up and has an unbelievable game. I think the only other one I could make an argument for would be Tuck with 2 sacks and the forced Saftey but Eli was definitely not out of line he had 300yards and didn't need to pass for a 2nd TD because he got us down the field to fast and Bradshaw took it from there, still a 4th quarter drive though. I understand your argument but it wasn't because he was a Manning it was because he was a QB and there weren't many other prime candidates.

And also because he had an awesome game. He made perfect throws when they needed him to most. He protected the ball and didn't give up any picks. He stayed calm under pressure in the 4th. I could care less how many fantasy points he had. If you watch football you know he had a great game.

ELIteManning
02-06-2012, 04:22 AM
Outside of Manning who was even close to deserving of MVP? Nicks was about the only one....had he scored a TD he may have been awarded it. Outside of him no one was close to deserving an MVP award.

Manning was solid the entire game. In fact I think there were two drops that should have been completed as well to help pad his stats even more. You can't ask a Qb to manage a game much better than Eli did today. He took care of the ball...was accurate...had some long drives helping control the clock. Just because a Qb doesn't have 350+ yards and 3tds it doesn't mean he had a mediocre game. You are way wrong here

Tuffy44
02-06-2012, 04:25 AM
Outside of Manning who was even close to deserving of MVP? Nicks was about the only one....had he scored a TD he may have been awarded it. Outside of him no one was close to deserving an MVP award.

Manning was solid the entire game. In fact I think there were two drops that should have been completed as well to help pad his stats even more. You can't ask a Qb to manage a game much better than Eli did today. He took care of the ball...was accurate...had some long drives helping control the clock. Just because a Qb doesn't have 350+ yards and 3tds it doesn't mean he had a mediocre game. You are way wrong here

so then why when romo or rothlisberger has that same 290 1 td game you all say his team won it for him. you said it prefectly he managed the game. I dont have much probl;em with that i agree he did great but i cant say HOF worthy.

Tuffy44
02-06-2012, 04:25 AM

so then why when romo or rothlisberger has that same 290 1 td game you all say his team won it for him. you said it prefectly he managed the game. I dont have much probl;em with that i agree he did great but i cant say HOF worthy.

Diamondring
02-06-2012, 04:26 AM

Manning was solid the entire game. In fact I think there were two drops that should have been completed as well to help pad his stats even more. You can't ask a Qb to manage a game much better than Eli did today. He took care of the ball...was accurate...had some long drives helping control the clock. Just because a Qb doesn't have 350+ yards and 3tds it doesn't mean he had a mediocre game. You are way wrong hereHe only had ten passes that weren't caught either and broke a record. He is elite.

Spizi
02-06-2012, 04:32 AM

Eli was the Most Valuable Player of the game. He moved the offense efficiently down the field multiple times and that's what it's all about for a QB.

GMen869007
02-06-2012, 05:09 AM
In the year of Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Tim Tebow, and heck, even Matt Stafford got more attention....there's only one Quarterback left standing and Eli Manning is finally getting the attention that he deserves.

To not only win the Superbowl twice as a quarterback, but to win the SB MVP twice, and orchestrate 2 game winning drives in Superbowls, there really is no more discussion on whether or not Eli manning is Elite, now people are considering him as a hall of famer. Anything else that he does from this point out is just icing on the cake.

jhamburg
02-06-2012, 01:24 PM

Watch the game, don't tell me about stats I could care less. Look at how many key 3rd and long conversions he made. He didn't "manage" the game, he won it.