PDA

View Full Version : Did Eli earn respect?

janrickey
02-06-2012, 04:57 AM
Do you think Eli finally has earned the respect due him? He beat his brother's record in his brother's house and I agree that Eli owns the Pats. All those Eli haters and doubters, how do you like him now?

Loved the game and had a great time with family, friends and excellent eats. I hope your day was as good!

ELIteManning
02-06-2012, 05:05 AM
I think he has earned quite a bit of respect...especially from analysts. I have had many eagle and cowboy fans tipping their cap to him throughout the playoffs. There will always be haters out there but I think he definitely has gained a good deal of respect.

BigBlueFanNJ
02-06-2012, 05:18 AM
I think he has in some places! But the true haters will never be persuaded. That's what's nice is now they just sound dumber and dumber as they try to rationalize the undebatable fact is that Eli is ELITE!!!

davecrazy
02-06-2012, 05:22 AM
Uhm, every analyst on ESPN and NFL Network were calling him a lock hall of famer....if thats not respect I don't know what is.

fletch842
02-06-2012, 08:26 AM
Typically QB's are judged by superbowls. Eli has now won 2, and played really really well in both of them. No caretaker here, he leads.

Firenugget
02-06-2012, 08:28 AM
I think the discussion is over. I'm sure some knucklehead somewhere will make some stupid comments just for web hits but anyone with an ounce of common sense knows there is no more debate about it. And to think he's got quite a few years left most likely...

egyptian420
02-06-2012, 08:28 AM
Story of 07: "the defense won that game"
"we got lucky with that catch"
"Eli will never win another SB"

Story of 2011: "pats lost that game"
"pats dropped passes"

Haters will always be haters, you can't win them all. I'll take the SB trophy anyday.

elismom
02-06-2012, 08:31 AM
Wait WHAT?

Guy just entered Hall of Fame brotha. Respect is his

stormblue
02-06-2012, 08:35 AM
he already had it.
but now he's making the hardheads admit it.
there's been too many 4th qtr. clutch drives for them to overlook him anymore.

coachjdc
02-06-2012, 08:37 AM
From listening to the ESPN post-game, as Berman would say, "you're all on Eli now!"
Everyone was pretty effusive with praise for Easy and rightly so!

Brandon jacobs
02-06-2012, 08:53 AM
Just the facts;

1. Eli is the first giant QB EVER!, to bring our team to 2 Superbowls.. And win both!
2. Eli joined a rare group of Elite QB's with consecutive receptions (10) as per first qtr or 1st half stats a NFL SB record.
3. Eli set a record for most 4th Qtr comebacks or was it 4th QTR wins??... something along those lines (8)

With Eli's calm, cool and collected play and leadership.. he has "DEFINITELY" earned to be in the ranks of the Elite and has now passed big brother Peyton for SB rings. HA!

I must say that, Archie did well by his boys.enough said huh?

gumby742
02-06-2012, 09:39 AM
I'm just waiting for the disrespect posts to show up again when experts agree that Eli is an awesome QB, but not yet better then Brady.</P>

I'll guarantee that people's panties are going to get in a bunch all over again.</P>

nygsb42champs
02-06-2012, 09:40 AM
I would think everybody finally has to give him his due.

suzyq
02-06-2012, 09:56 AM
yes but probably not here in NE
What a game. What a season. What a great team to be a fan of!

I LOVE THE NY GIANTS!!!!!!