PDA

View Full Version : Eli will make it to Canton ohio

Brandon jacobs
02-06-2012, 08:01 AM
With all the firsts for Eli, first QB in giant history to bring our boys to 2 SB's...

and his 4th Qtr comeback/4th Qtr win record (8)

and his MANY other accolades. Eli will be in Canton on his first try. I bELIeve!

From now on, all he does is sweeten his stats, accolades and prowess.

"ALL IN"-Giant Motto
"Finish the game"Tom coughlin (loose quote)

bLuereverie
02-06-2012, 08:02 AM
Nahhhhh. He needs 3 more SuperBowl wins to get to the HoF. He better get to it. :)

Kruunch
02-06-2012, 08:03 AM
I do believe you are correct.

Ladies and gentlemen ... we have a bona fide HoF quarterback on our hands.

nostrildamus
02-06-2012, 08:05 AM
Somewhere Ernie Accorsi is saying, "I told you so!"

nygfanmaybe
02-06-2012, 08:06 AM
...but if Gronky would have somehow come up with that deflection on the last play...he would still have a ways to go.

Think about that for a second.

krygny
02-06-2012, 08:30 AM
All that remains now, is for him to complete his body of work. Even with no more Super Bowls, another 6-8 seasons comparable to his first 8 he's in on the first ballot. He's still never missed a snap. And there's no telling what he can do the next few years with Nicks and Cruz.

NYG4ME
02-06-2012, 08:34 AM
...but if Gronky would have somehow come up with that deflection on the last play...he would still have a ways to go.

Game of inches, Game of milliseconds. Great post.

nygsb42champs
02-06-2012, 08:38 AM
He is getting there for sure. He is walking up those steps to Canton for sure.

Kruunch
02-06-2012, 08:39 AM

And if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

nygfanmaybe
02-06-2012, 08:43 AM

I guess you missed the point...

Kruunch
02-06-2012, 08:45 AM

I guess you missed the point...

Nope ... just refusing to acknowledge reality this morning. http://boards.giants.com/emoticons/emotion-2.gif

nygfanmaybe
02-06-2012, 08:47 AM

Game of inches, Game of milliseconds. Great post.*

You know...the reason I posted that was because of a thought and a post that I had before the game. In my line of reasoning, it was just going to be one more game. No matter what happened, Eli was still going to be basically the same person only 1 more game of experience.

However, the way it turned-out was perfect. Not only did it turn-out the way that put Eli into that category today and not 3 or 4 years from now...but it also pointed out how razor thin the line is between making it and being an also-ran.

Kruunch
02-06-2012, 08:57 AM

You know...the reason I posted that was because of a thought and a post that I had before the game. In my line of reasoning, it was just going to be one more game. No matter what happened, Eli was still going to be basically the same person only 1 more game of experience.

However, the way it turned-out was perfect. Not only did it turn-out the way that put Eli into that category today and not 3 or 4 years from now...but it also pointed out how razor thin the line is between making it and being an also-ran.

If you look at any historical figure, there are many MANY points in time of their story where it could have been easily derailed.

HoF Football players aren't any different. Joe Montana's entire legacy is based on 4 passes (the difference between being a good vs. a great QB).

But we base our history on what happened and not what could have happened (that's the subject of retrospectives and fantasies).

And Eli has just cemented himself as one of the most clutch quarterbacks in NFL history. And it's an amazing experience to watch it unfold before my very eyes.

nygfanmaybe
02-06-2012, 09:03 AM

If you look at any historical figure, there are many MANY points in time of their story where it could have been easily derailed.

HoF Football players aren't any different. Joe Montana's entire legacy is based on 4 passes (the difference between being a good vs. a great QB).

But we base our history on what happened and not what could have happened (that's the subject of retrospectives and fantasies).

And Eli has just cemented himself as one of the most clutch quarterbacks in NFL history. And it's an amazing experience to watch it unfold before my very eyes.

Like the poster said before...it is a game of inches and milliseconds. A few of Eli's throws...a few of Brady's...if you go back and watch you see it pointed out several times. Fractions of one second.

Tom Brady's career has been defined by being great and fortunate...just as Eli's has. I guees it's true when they say luck is when preparation meets opportunity.

There was the tuck rule, for one example...and then there was one game when he was picked, the guy ran down the field...fumbled, Pats got ball back and went down and scored to get into playoffs. That guy doesn't fumble that picked ball then the Pats would have been home watching from the couch.

Kruunch
02-06-2012, 10:20 AM

Like the poster said before...it is a game of inches and milliseconds. A few of Eli's throws...a few of Brady's...if you go back and watch you see it pointed out several times. Fractions of one second.

Tom Brady's career has been defined by being great and fortunate...just as Eli's has. I guees it's true when they say luck is when preparation meets opportunity.

There was the tuck rule, for one example...and then there was one game when he was picked, the guy ran down the field...fumbled, Pats got ball back and went down and scored to get into playoffs. That guy doesn't fumble that picked ball then the Pats would have been home watching from the couch.

Yep yep ... and I like being on this side of luck :)