PDA

View Full Version : NBC's post game coverage was horrible

nygsb42champs
02-06-2012, 08:43 AM
Sorry if this has been posted already but there post game coverage was horrible. They only interviewed TC and Eli and had to cut away so qucikly so they could go to the Voice.

NJGIANTinNC
02-06-2012, 08:47 AM
Wouldn't know anything about it.
Immediately switched to NFL Network.
They should let them cover everygame.
I don't know what I would do without the network.

Kruunch
02-06-2012, 08:47 AM

+1

par404
02-06-2012, 08:52 AM
That is why I switched over to ESPN. They even had Coughlin sitting with them.

Morehead State
02-06-2012, 08:53 AM
Wouldn't know anything about it. Immediately switched to NFL Network. They should let them cover everygame. I don't know what I would do without the network.</P>

I switched also to NFLN, and a bit on ESPN. I clicked back to NBC and was shocked that they were already on "The Voice" even before it was scheduled.</P>

For real football coverage, you gotta go with NFLN.</P>

NYG4ME
02-06-2012, 08:53 AM
Sorry if this has been posted already but there post game coverage was horrible. They only interviewed TC and Eli and had to cut away so qucikly so they could go to the Voice.

I never thought I would say this.. Give me Joe Buck and Troy Aikman over CC and Michaels any day of the week.. The Fox and even CBS Broadcasts are so much better IMO...

Wouldn't know anything about NFL Network..Time Warner Cable is a joke... Directv next year!

nygsb42champs
02-06-2012, 08:55 AM
I did switch over but I was shocked that NBC got out of it so quickly.

NYG216
02-06-2012, 08:56 AM

I never thought I would say this.. Give me Joe Buck and Troy Aikman over CC and Michaels any day of the week.. The Fox and even CBS Broadcasts are so much better IMO...

Wouldn't know anything about NFL Network..Time Warner Cable is a joke... Directv next year!

Didn't we have a great record this year with CC and Michaels. I know they are terrible, but that gave me comfort. I really think Michael has NO idea of what he is watching. The game really has passed him by.

chuckedafter5yards
02-06-2012, 08:56 AM
They sure were anxious to get to the next show, it made their entire coverage seem somewhat trivial

hungrrrry
02-06-2012, 09:00 AM
Sorry if this has been posted already but there post game coverage was horrible. They only interviewed TC and Eli and had to cut away so qucikly so they could go to the Voice.Yes I agree...in years past they would have alot of footage and celebratory action, highlights, etc. Now all these new shows have to start after a big game so us juiced up football fanatics bobble around falling off bridges because we can't enjoy that celebration (albeit via the TV) with our team and send off the entire seasons end with a little more pride...it's bull**** and the NFL needs to step in on that.

Morehead State
02-06-2012, 09:12 AM

</P>

Collingsworth may be unlikeable, but he's a great analyst. He sees things on the field immediately that guys like Aikman don't.</P>

bill2000
02-06-2012, 09:16 AM
Collingsworth may be a good analyist but I think he's a total tool. Anybody else notice that he kind of chuckeled when JPP went down?

ibbill
02-06-2012, 09:28 AM

Didn't we have a great record this year with CC and Michaels.* I know they are terrible, but that gave me comfort.* I really think Michael has NO idea of what he is watching.* The game really has passed him by.

You got it done nice SIG

ebick
02-06-2012, 09:39 AM
Sorry if this has been posted already but there post game coverage was horrible. They only interviewed TC and Eli and had to cut away so qucikly so they could go to the Voice.</P>

Their stumping for that stupid show throughout the evening was annoying.</P>

C1010
02-06-2012, 09:54 AM

x2

DandyDon
02-06-2012, 10:10 AM
Collingsworth may be a good analyist but I think he's a total tool. Anybody else notice that he kind of chuckeled when JPP went down?

He is a tool. That smirk that is always on his face annoys the hell out of me..

sg92
02-06-2012, 10:16 AM

</P>

Collingsworth may be unlikeable, but he's a great analyst.* He sees things on the field immediately that guys like Aikman don't.</P>

I agree 100%. Collinsworth seems to annoy some people (I don't get it), but he is the most insightful analyst covering games these days.

I'll take him and Michaels over Joe Buck any day.

AsianGiant
02-06-2012, 10:22 AM
It was indeed horrible. No one, NO ONE watching the superbowl remotely is even interested in "The Voice" after such an adrenaline rush.

Trying to hawk your own show during the superbowl and then cut the post-game coverage just seems taboo. I'm sure they saw their ratings drop dramatically after the Voice came on the air.

Picture a bunch of birds in the air all flocking in one direction together. That is what the world did going to NFLN, ESPN etc...

jimsgints
02-06-2012, 01:02 PM
I switched to the NFL channel too. Collinswad is a tool, a Giant hater. His voice sounds like he's sitting on his nutz.

bflo23
02-06-2012, 01:04 PM
I actually prefer channel 9 post game report. I have been watching the Sweater, Cross and Toomer all year so why would I stop now...... I was switching between nfl network and channel 9.

DragonSoul
02-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Sorry if this has been posted already but there post game coverage was horrible. They only interviewed TC and Eli and had to cut away so qucikly so they could go to the Voice.I actually taped it and went to NFL Network. But yea that was a sorry excuse for coverage. Even Mike and Mike said it was horrible. There was under 10 minutes of coverage after the showed the Kraft image.

They screwed up in so many ways.

Roosevelt
02-06-2012, 01:11 PM

Agreed. They sucked. I jumped over to the NFL Network real quick.

bleeding blue
02-06-2012, 01:15 PM
NBC is the worst network out of the big 3 that present the Super Bowl. 3/4 of their pregame was interviews with random celebs and promoting their network shows.

I watched NFLN for pre and post-game

BrianK
02-06-2012, 01:20 PM

</P>

Collingsworth may be unlikeable, but he's a great analyst.* He sees things on the field immediately that guys like Aikman don't.</P>

I agree 100%. Collinsworth seems to annoy some people (I don't get it), but he is the most insightful analyst covering games these days.

I'll take him and Michaels over Joe Buck any day.
+ 1

blueomaha
02-06-2012, 01:29 PM
i agree...i switched over to channel 9(ny)...good coverage and multiple interviews...not bad.....

Razur
02-06-2012, 01:33 PM
Thought the extended shot of Mr Kraft at the end in his booth was completely disrespectful. This man is one of the true player oriented owners, and it was very uncomfortable to watch his face, especially after the annoucer brought THAT very point..went something like.."WATCH THE REACTION ON KRAFTS FACE...HE LOST HIS BELOVED WIFE"..etc etc..

the network should be chastised on that..that served nothing then to make the Giants and their fans ..appear to be unsympathetic to this poor man with regards to his departed wife..Totally innapproprite commentary, IMO.