PDA

View Full Version : I wish Tuck got MVP

Leek21
02-06-2012, 08:53 AM
I fully understand it going to Eli, but I think Tuck deserved it just as much as Eli.

nygfanmaybe
02-06-2012, 08:56 AM
From watching him with Sanders and Faulk after the game...apparently he did too.

It was a legit comment, though.

nygsb42champs
I think he played a great game.

CantBlameShockeyNow
It's the 2nd time he deserved the SB MVP.

giantsfan420
02-06-2012, 09:00 AM

I agree. Eli deserved both.

Truly an elite QB, perhaps the best in the league. Theirs only one world champion QB right now, world champions are the best in the business, and that world champion QB is Elite Eli. How about his performance?

Tuck did play exceptionally well. Had he been a lil more consistent, he could have won it. He had spurts of excellent play, but it wasn't there all game. Eli's play was excellent from start to finish.

LT_was_good
02-06-2012, 09:03 AM
A nice reminder of what a healthy Tuck can do. At some point this season he suddenly seemed healthy and I think it was as big a reason as any that the defense turned it around.

swimeasy
02-06-2012, 09:11 AM
From watching him with Sanders and Faulk after the game...apparently he did too.

It was a legit comment, though.

I agree, it was a legit comment. And he deserved it just as much for this game, which I guess that is what this MVP award was for. Just found myself happy for Eli for all that he did to keep holding up this team this season. Maybe they can time share the car? :-P

CantBlameShockeyNow
02-06-2012, 09:18 AM

Truly an elite QB, perhaps the best in the league. Theirs only one world champion QB right now, world champions are the best in the business, and that world champion QB is Elite Eli. How about his performance?

Tuck did play exceptionally well. Had he been a lil more consistent, he could have won it. He had spurts of excellent play, but it wasn't there all game. Eli's play was excellent from start to finish.

Disagree about the "consistent" comment.

Tuck scored 4 less points than Eli.

He caused Brady to take a safety on his first drive & Sacked him on his last drive...

Eli went 5-11 on 3rd down & threw 1 TD pass in first quarter and led a TD drive with .58 seconds left...

Seems equally consistent to me.

CantBlameShockeyNow
02-06-2012, 09:19 AM
A nice reminder of what a healthy Tuck can do.* At some point this season he suddenly seemed healthy and I think it was as big a reason as any that the defense turned it around.

+1

MattMeyerBud
02-06-2012, 09:24 AM

Disagree about the "consistent" comment.

Tuck scored 4 less points than Eli.

He caused Brady to take a safety on his first drive & Sacked him on his last drive...

Eli went 5-11 on 3rd down & threw 1 TD pass in first quarter and led a TD drive with .58 seconds left...

Seems equally consistent to me.

your a moron

TuckYou
02-06-2012, 09:32 AM
Who cares? </P>

QB is going to get the MVP 80% of the time.</P>

Eli went 10-14, 118 yards in the 4th Q and needed a game winning drive to win the superbowl. He had a 75% completion percentage for the game. How is that not MVP worthy?</P>

Tuck had a great game, but the safety andfirst sack were because of the secondary shutting the Pats receivers down. But he had a great game none the less.</P>

Tuck deserves it as much as Manningham deserves it, or even Blackburn. </P>

They got it right IMO. </P>

Tuck could of won it in 07 though. </P>

gumby742
02-06-2012, 09:34 AM
arguable in 2007 when Eli won it. This year, absolutely no question who deserved it. Eli was the freaking man.

KillaRich
02-06-2012, 09:38 AM
I agree Tuck could have won it....

But man Eli deserves that trophy.... Because without ELI this year we are possible a 4-5 win team with no playoffs.... ELI won so many games on his back this year....I cant remember which come back game it was right now...but i just remember that final drive where Eli had the patience to point out to his recievers where to go in the middle of the play more than once and they were all BIG completions that won that game!.... Ever since then i Knew Eli was on his own level....

So im cool with eli getting that trophy and car..... Its more like MVP of the Giants not Superbowl

C1010
02-06-2012, 10:09 AM
A nice reminder of what a healthy Tuck can do. At some point this season he suddenly seemed healthy and I think it was as big a reason as any that the defense turned it around.

+1

The crazy part is, he still isn't close to being healthy but he really stepped it up towards to the end of the season. Many were surprised that he wasn't on IR.

Gmen2005
02-06-2012, 10:12 AM
He played very well, definitely could have won it.

swordfish
02-06-2012, 10:17 AM
The MVP should go to al the 53 players that wear GMen blue, buy since the trophy can only be given to one player, I say yes Eli deserved it, without him we would not have a parade tomorrow, he is our team MVP

Robert21156
02-06-2012, 12:48 PM
It's the 2nd time he deserved the SB MVP. I agree. Eli deserved both. Truly an elite QB, perhaps the best in the league. Theirs only one world champion QB right now, world champions are the best in the business, and that world champion QB is Elite Eli. How about his performance? Tuck did play exceptionally well. Had he been a lil more consistent, he could have won it. He had spurts of excellent play, but it wasn't there all game. Eli's play was excellent from start to finish. Disagree about the "consistent" comment. Tuck scored 4 less points than Eli. He caused Brady to take a safety on his first drive &amp; Sacked him on his last drive... Eli went 5-11 on 3rd down &amp; threw 1 TD pass in first quarter and led a TD drive with .58 seconds left... Seems equally consistent to me.</P>

WOW! These are some of the most stupid comments I've EVER read on this board. Tuck didn't CONSISTENTLY do much during the game, while Eli completed 75% of his passes, one of the highest %'s in Super Bowl history, not to mention taking the team to a score in the last few minutes. It doesn't matter how you score - TD pass versus running it in, it's who leads the drive to get there. Tuck shouldn't have opened his mouth about MVP - showing a selfishness on his part that we don't usually get to see. The voting was 18.5 votes out of 20 for Eli for MVP, so the voters didn't think there was much of a question now did they?</P>

SouthernGiant56
02-06-2012, 01:11 PM
A case could be made for Tuck, but I also think a case could be made for Hakeem Nicks.

G.I. Ants
02-06-2012, 01:24 PM
I found this article interesting because I agree that Tuck should have
been co-MVP with Eli. He had another dominant SB performance.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/giants_tuck_robbed_of_super_bowl_mvp_again/9791185

FeaglesPuntsEaglesRunts
02-06-2012, 01:36 PM
It sucks that only one guy can get MVP. Thought there were a few guys that kinda deserved it this year.

Diamondring
02-06-2012, 01:38 PM
Eli earns both especialy the first one since he didn't really have that many weapons. That makes it hard for a qb to succeed.

gmen0820
02-06-2012, 01:50 PM

It was a legit comment, though.No he didn't, he specifically said that the MVP award should be divided 53 ways.