PDA

View Full Version : Bogus Holding Call on Boothe kept game close

Markroman
02-06-2012, 10:45 AM
I do not know about you. The holding call on Boothe was the turning point. The Giants were dominating and driving for 3 and probably 7. Up 16-3, it would have been over.

Personally, I still do not see how that was a hold. I really do not. I thought it was a chinzy call for a key play in a Super Bowl.

Moss#83
02-06-2012, 10:47 AM
I do not know about you. The holding call on Boothe was the turning point. The Giants were dominating and driving for 3 and probably 7. Up 16-3, it would have been over.

Personally, I still do not see how that was a hold. I really do not. I thought it was a chinzy call for a key play in a Super Bowl.The refs had to keep the game close and make it interesting. They tried to do the same in GB but GB kept turning the ball over.

Blue daddy
02-06-2012, 10:48 AM
Booth got bull rushed and was beat on that play and did hold .

giantotherness
02-06-2012, 10:50 AM

Personally, I still do not see how that was a hold. I really do not. I thought it was a chinzy call for a key play in a Super Bowl.

It was clearly not a hold, he released the arm. While we're at it... Let's not forget the 2 "non-calls" on pass interference.

giantotherness
02-06-2012, 10:51 AM

nope...analysts and pundits have already discredited it...turn your tv back on...

SackingMyths
02-06-2012, 10:51 AM

Man, that one aggravated the heck outta me. Glad it didn't come back to bite us.

buffyblue
02-06-2012, 10:52 AM
I have no prblem with the refs calling him for a hold there. However Patriots offense line was holding the entire game and not one call against them. Also the non calls on Patriots defense for pass interence. Those are the things I had problems with.

barran21
02-06-2012, 10:54 AM

nope...analysts and pundits have already discredited it...turn your tv back on...

Exactly.....the was a horrible call yet Rocky was being held on that TD play at the end of the half, and JPP got held so many F N times...

JPizzack
02-06-2012, 10:56 AM
The Boothe penalty looked like a textbook pancake to me.....but hey...im no expert =P

Blue daddy
02-06-2012, 10:58 AM

Did they march of the yards? Then it was a hold it's that simple

Kruunch
02-06-2012, 11:05 AM
That was a VERY touchy holding call ... and conversely, there were a bunch of non-calls that were ridiculous.

Pass interference and holding that could have easily made the game less close then it was.

I'm sure every team can say this about the refs, but I hate feeling like we have to beat the opposing team AND the refs every game.

GCGiant
02-06-2012, 11:13 AM
I really couldn't understand the bad officiating throughout the playoffs. On the one hand you felt like they were trying to keep ______(you insert team) in the game, but in every case it just didn't matter in the end.

This was truly a great year and a great team.

gumby742
02-06-2012, 11:15 AM
yeah let's give the pats credit though. our o-line couldn't handle them for a lot of the game. our o-line needs help in the offseason. Eli can't keep on getting killed like this.

Drez
02-06-2012, 11:17 AM

Did they march of the yards? Then it was a hold it's that simple</P>

Yeah, because the refs NEVER make mistakes or miss calls.</P>

Don't be a dumbass. That wasn't a hold. Not too sure the one on Bernard was a hold, either, but it was much closer to being a hold than the one they called on Boothe.</P>

Drez
02-06-2012, 11:18 AM
yeah let's give the pats credit though. our o-line couldn't handle them for a lot of the game. our o-line needs help in the offseason. Eli can't keep on getting killed like this.</P>

Really, Gumby with your sig?</P>

You really do have a complex, eh?</P>

deenezy
02-06-2012, 11:19 AM
bc they march off yards dosen't make it a hold by that logic your saying jenninings didn't fumble right? just saying!!!

Robert21156
02-06-2012, 01:16 PM
yeah let's give the pats credit though. our o-line couldn't handle them for a lot of the game. our o-line needs help in the offseason. Eli can't keep on getting killed like this.</P>

Agree. O-line HAS to be our #1 priority. There were plenty of times where we couldn't run block OR pass block very well this season. Isn't it kind of sad the way the draft is set up where winning the Super Bowl allows you to draft last? The Cowboys at 8-8 get to draft, I believe, 14th, and we are at 32. That's a HUGE differential, repeated in EVERY round. Seems like the fair thing to do is set the draft up based upon the regular season results. We got hot and won the championship, but our regular season results show that we are a somewhat above average team. Anyway, I know you've got to take a Super Bowl anytime, despite the obvious downside in the upcoming draft. </P>

GO GMEN!!!!!!!!</P>

buddy33
02-06-2012, 01:20 PM
They should have had the 1st down on the play before. All Jacobs had to do was go straight ahead but he didn't.

bluesince86
02-06-2012, 01:20 PM
I have no prblem with the refs calling him for a hold there. However Patriots offense line was holding the entire game and not one call against them. Also the non calls on Patriots defense for pass interence. Those are the things I had problems with.

Exactly, that hold on JPP on that TD pass should have been called if they are going to make calls like the one on Boothe. But in the end, it really doesnt matter. The G-Men are Super Bowl Champs!

GameTime
02-06-2012, 01:23 PM
I do not know about you. The holding call on Boothe was the turning point. The Giants were dominating and driving for 3 and probably 7. Up 16-3, it would have been over. Personally, I still do not see how that was a hold. I really do not. I thought it was a chinzy call for a key play in a Super Bowl.</P>

Dude...</P>

do you complain or critique everything?? You have posts saying Brady made bad decisions and bad throws and then this...</P>

Enjoy the ****ing win already for godsake....</P>

</P>

bluesince86
02-06-2012, 01:24 PM
yeah let's give the pats credit though. our o-line couldn't handle them for a lot of the game. our o-line needs help in the offseason. Eli can't keep on getting killed like this.

Absolutely, o-line needs to be top priority. Bass isnt the long term answer at center and McKenzie is getting old. But that call on Boothe was still a tick tac call.

jimsgints
02-06-2012, 01:26 PM

Personally, I still do not see how that was a hold. I really do not. I thought it was a chinzy call for a key play in a Super Bowl.The refs had to keep the game close and make it interesting. They tried to do the same in GB but GB kept turning the ball over.
Totally Agree.

jhamburg
02-06-2012, 01:26 PM

Exactly.....the was a horrible call yet Rocky was being held on that TD play at the end of the half, and JPP got held so many F N times...

I'm glad the finally called someone for holding JPP, I was starting to think the "JPP headlock" was an officially sanctioned NFL play.

KillaRich
02-06-2012, 01:28 PM
Was def NOT a hold just aggressive play!!! no holding of jersey twisting nothing...he twisted himself if anything!! If thats a hold...how the hell do you not call that hold on linval joseph on the patriots td pass to woodhead!!! It was so obvious!

SBChamps85
02-06-2012, 11:37 PM
I agree totally here.

Hoova0797
02-07-2012, 01:39 AM
The Refs SHOULD have thrown a flag for the last hail mary play against JPP....it was so obviously the lineman was holding him and if the Pats caught that ball, it would have made me sick. They could have just picked up the flag after the game, but it was clearly a hold!

M0rbid
02-07-2012, 01:51 AM
The Refs SHOULD have thrown a flag for the last hail mary play against JPP....it was so obviously the lineman was holding him and if the Pats caught that ball, it would have made me sick. They could have just picked up the flag after the game, but it was clearly a hold!

This has been going on throughout the playoffs. It's interesting how these officials call holding penalty on the Giants but not the opponent side.

bflo23
02-07-2012, 02:54 AM
When the play happened, I was like "Noo! What are you doing, Boothe?".... Then they showed the replay and I don't think that was a hold. This is what happened....

1. The hole was created.
2. Boothe had Wilfork block with Boothe's hands (not holding/grabbing) on Wilfork's triceps.
3. Wilfork knew he had no chance to stop Jacobs in getting the 1st down so Wilfork spun himself (FLOPPED) and got the flag. Wilfork barrels through lineman and having just a hand on his tricep won't send him twisting like that. No pulling on arm or jersey.

bansaw
02-07-2012, 02:59 AM
veteran move

I respect it. Wilfork is great

bflo23
02-07-2012, 03:06 AM
Wilfork gives Boothe a wink after the penalty... Nice flop by Wilfork!

<font color="#0000FF">http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/17151139</font> (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/17151139)

jhamburg
02-07-2012, 03:13 AM

Its a last second hail mary. No holding unless someone gets tackled, no pass interference unless someone gets tackled.