PDA

View Full Version : Any Advice for parade tomorrow?

dannydufflebags
02-06-2012, 09:48 AM
I will be heading to the parade tommorrow for the first time. Anyone who has been there before have any advice on what time to get there, where to go etc etc?

gumby742
02-06-2012, 09:49 AM
i was thinking the same thing. i'm going to try and leave the office for a bit and just mingle some.

MattMeyerBud
02-06-2012, 10:17 AM
i was thinking the same thing. i'm going to try and leave the office for a bit and just mingle some.

u have to get there EARLY. If u don't, do bother doing it

jppmvp90
02-06-2012, 10:18 AM
yea get there like 5 am

Spedracer
02-06-2012, 10:21 AM
i was thinking the same thing.* i'm going to try and leave the office for a bit and just mingle some.

*u have to get there EARLY. If u don't, do bother doing it

How early is "EARLY". 7am? 6?

MattMeyerBud
02-06-2012, 10:23 AM

How early is "EARLY". 7am? 6?

7 and u have to be in place

parade dont' start til 11

DandyDon
02-06-2012, 10:25 AM
i was thinking the same thing.* i'm going to try and leave the office for a bit and just mingle some.

Yup. Went to the last one, go EARLY.

Or just go to a bar in the city instead ;-)

SweetZombieJesus
02-06-2012, 10:30 AM
Much easier to go to the stadium rally afterwards and just as satisfying.

jppmvp90
02-06-2012, 10:33 AM
i was there in 07 there are so many bandwagoners on the streets acting like morons on top of you people everywhere

MattMeyerBud
02-06-2012, 10:34 AM

yea but why would u just go to a bar in the city than go tailgate and go to the stadium?

MattMeyerBud
02-06-2012, 10:34 AM
Much easier to go to the stadium rally afterwards and just as satisfying.

did u go last year zombie?

MattMeyerBud
02-06-2012, 10:35 AM
i was there in 07 there are so many bandwagoners on the streets acting like morons on top of you people everywhere

lol stop with that... not everybody is die hard. Common fans can celebrate the wins

this is the one downfall with winning it all... the term bandwagoner gets abused now

jppmvp90
02-06-2012, 10:36 AM

lol stop with that... not everybody is die hard. Common fans can celebrate the wins

this is the one downfall with winning it all... the term bandwagoner gets abused now

there were people climbing on trees, you little could not move from where i was about 50 yards from city hall.

Redeyejedi
02-06-2012, 10:36 AM
I will be heading to the parade tommorrow for the first time. Anyone who has been there before have any advice on what time to get there, where to go etc etc?There having a raffle to be let into the ceremony.
Eager fans will be able to click, text, or call 311 for a chance to win during the give-away, which ends at 11 a.m. Call 311, text 311-962, visit the nyc.gov website or visit the Mayor's Office Twitter page for the application form

Read more: http://www.dnainfo.com/20120205/downtown/win-vip-tickets-giants-ticker-tape-parade-ceremony#ixzz1lcIJUVbG

jppmvp90
02-06-2012, 10:37 AM
I will be heading to the parade tommorrow for the first time. Anyone who has been there before have any advice on what time to get there, where to go etc etc?There having a raffle to be let into the ceremony

good luck getting into the city hall ceremony, better chance of winning lotto

Redeyejedi
02-06-2012, 10:40 AM
I will be heading to the parade tommorrow for the first time. Anyone who has been there before have any advice on what time to get there, where to go etc etc?There having a raffle to be let into the ceremony

good luck getting into the city hall ceremony, better chance of winning lottoThere giving away 250 tickets.Much better chance of winning that then Lotto

DandyDon
02-06-2012, 10:40 AM

yea but why would u just go to a bar in the city than go tailgate and go to the stadium?

Go to a bar in the city tomorrow and find out.

Spent the whole day there in '07. Its wild.

KillaRich
02-06-2012, 10:43 AM
I wont be getting out of work until 930am...and my class starts at 2pm which i HAVE to make on time.....will i even accomplish anything with that shirt amount of time? lol

MattMeyerBud
02-06-2012, 10:44 AM

yea I had to do that too - it was cool

but i don't think it tops a superbowl tailgate in that stadium parking lot

mike.one
02-06-2012, 10:46 AM
seems like overall consensus is "dont go"

some people never know how to act. so I guess i wont be going especially not with kids.

i bet theres going to be alot of cops, so id be cautious about drinking and celebrating. lol

MattMeyerBud
02-06-2012, 10:48 AM

some people never know how to act. so I guess i wont be going especially not with kids.

i bet theres going to be alot of cops, so id be cautious about drinking and celebrating. lol

if u'd take em to a game u can take em to the stadium i would think

shockeyg
02-06-2012, 10:51 AM

We're coming up Matt . Is the parade our best bet or the stadium tailgate ? Chances of making both ?

Badawg1964
02-06-2012, 10:54 AM
What time is the Stadium celebration? 1pm?

MattMeyerBud
02-06-2012, 10:55 AM

We're coming up Matt . Is the parade our best bet or the stadium tailgate ? Chances of making both ?

hit me up on fbook message

somebody just said that they left after the last float and then left for the stadium and they made it... but its tight

personally i heard all great things about the stadium so i'm going for that... u know if u guys need a spot to say blondie already told wifey that u can come through

MattMeyerBud
02-06-2012, 10:56 AM
What time is the Stadium celebration? 1pm?

i think like 3-4

details aren't finalized yet

shockeyg
02-06-2012, 10:59 AM

somebody just said that they left after the last float and then left for the stadium and they made it... but its tight

personally i heard all great things about the stadium so i'm going for that... u know if u guys need a spot to say blondie already told wifey that u can come through
Thanks man . But it's a 1 day trip for us . The more I hear about the stadium I'm thinking this is the deal .Any idea What parking cost for the stadium ?

DandyDon
02-06-2012, 11:05 AM

I would not take kids. It's kind of like Saint Pattys day there all day.

DandyDon
02-06-2012, 11:06 AM

yea I had to do that too - it was cool

but i don't think it tops a superbowl tailgate in that stadium parking lot

Yeah, we though of going to the stadium, but deciced to stay, had dinner in the city. Cool day.

MattMeyerBud
02-06-2012, 11:06 AM

Thanks man . But it's a 1 day trip for us . The more I hear about the stadium I'm thinking this is the deal .Any idea What parking cost for the stadium ?

pretty sure its all free

shockeyg
02-06-2012, 08:55 PM

pretty sure its all free
You have a message in your inbox and on facebook. see ya tomorrow.

MikeIsaGiant
02-06-2012, 08:59 PM
I'm going at 9am, good enough for me. No worries