PDA

View Full Version : Who want Rivers Now?

Diamondring
02-06-2012, 11:10 AM
Not I and I never did want him.

Kruunch
02-06-2012, 11:11 AM
Srsly.

And how much of a genius is Erni Accorsi now?

trenken311
02-06-2012, 11:12 AM
I dont think anyone wants Rivers. Hes pretty much done a whole lot of nothing since he got to the NFL, just like Romo.

2 guys with physical skills that just dont have whats needed when it matters most.

DEgiants89
02-06-2012, 11:14 AM

I want to save this comment for life!

CDN_G-FAN
02-06-2012, 11:24 AM
Lesson to everyone: you can't evaluate these types of deals/decisions, until you've got the FULL STORY. Even after 5 seasons, we still didn't have what this trade was worth.</P>

</P>

And here's the new conversation to have on this topic: We absolutely FLEECED the Chargers in that trade.</P>

Rivers / Merriman / some kicker vs. 2 Superbowls with a couple MVP awards for good measure.</P>

Holy crap that's a great deal.</P>

Robert21156
02-06-2012, 11:25 AM
Srsly. And how much of a genius is Erni Accorsi now?</P>

Thank God Eli has performed so well in the last 2 playoffs and the 2 Superbowls. PLEASE, no more negativity about "the trade" and how the Giants came up short on it. Apparently Accorsi saw the unique qualities that Eli possessed that he knew would work well for the New York pressure and environment. Eli just had to get some years under his belt and a group of young, talented receivers. He has now lead us to 2 Super Bowl victories in the 8 years that he has played, and 2 of the last 5 played. Hopefully no one will question that trade ever again.</P>

CTLadyBlue
02-06-2012, 11:27 AM

The Jets??

Diamondring
02-06-2012, 11:28 AM

Thank God Eli has performed so well in the last 2 playoffs and the 2 Superbowls. PLEASE, no more negativity about "the trade" and how the Giants came up short on it. Apparently Accorsi saw the unique qualities that Eli possessed that he knew would work well for the New York pressure and environment. Eli just had to get some years under his belt and a group of young, talented receivers. He has now lead us to 2 Super Bowl victories in the 8 years that he has played, and 2 of the last 5 played. Hopefully no one will question that trade ever again.</P>You is so right.

MattMeyerBud
Lesson to everyone: you can't evaluate these types of deals/decisions, until you've got the FULL STORY. Even after 5 seasons, we still didn't have what this trade was worth.</p>

</p>

And here's the new conversation to have on this topic: We absolutely FLEECED the Chargers in that trade.</p>

Rivers / Merriman / some kicker vs. 2 Superbowls with a couple MVP awards for good measure.</p>

Holy crap that's a great deal.</p>

to keep the argument consistent, we probably wouldn't of used those picks on any of those players

BUT, i'd still take that trade any day of the week

and twice on sunday

thrice on superbowl sunday

Diamondring

The Jets??I bet not even them.

Diamondring
02-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Lesson to everyone: you can't evaluate these types of deals/decisions, until you've got the FULL STORY. Even after 5 seasons, we still didn't have what this trade was worth.</p>

</p>

And here's the new conversation to have on this topic: We absolutely FLEECED the Chargers in that trade.</p>

Rivers / Merriman / some kicker vs. 2 Superbowls with a couple MVP awards for good measure.</p>

Holy crap that's a great deal.</p>

to keep the argument consistent, we probably wouldn't of used those picks on any of those players

and twice on sunday

I'm right with you.

GmenFan1980
02-06-2012, 11:30 AM
The chargers i would imagine

CDN_G-FAN
02-06-2012, 11:31 AM
Lesson to everyone: you can't evaluate these types of deals/decisions, until you've got the FULL STORY. Even after 5 seasons, we still didn't have what this trade was worth.</P>

</P>

And here's the new conversation to have on this topic: We absolutely FLEECED the Chargers in that trade.</P>

Rivers / Merriman / some kicker vs. 2 Superbowls with a couple MVP awards for good measure.</P>

Holy crap that's a great deal.</P>

and twice on sunday

</P>

agreed, but there's no other way to put faces on the value you gave up.</P>

and you're right, who in the league DOESN'T take that deal now.</P>

I give credit to Accorsi, but at the same time from reading his book, he was going to pay almost anything for Eli because of what happened with Elway, the Colts and the Broncos.</P>

i don't think he truly ever envisioned 2 SB MVP awards for the QB he was drafting, sounds like 50% of his decision was based on "i'm not getting cheap for a guy i believe in again......"</P>

</P>

Kruunch
02-06-2012, 11:32 AM

Thank God Eli has performed so well in the last 2 playoffs and the 2 Superbowls.* PLEASE, no more negativity about "the trade" and how the Giants came up short on it.* Apparently Accorsi saw the unique qualities that Eli possessed that he knew would work well for the New York pressure and environment.* Eli just had to get some years under his belt and a group of young, talented receivers.* He has now lead us to 2 Super Bowl victories in the 8 years that he has played, and 2 of the last 5 played.* Hopefully no one will question that trade ever again.</P>

Quite the opposite in fact ... that trade now looks like a genius move.

Diamondring
02-06-2012, 11:33 AM
The chargers i would imagineI was talking about Giants Fans since there are a good amount of them who want Rivers.