PDA

View Full Version : Pretty good game, but two issues with PF and KG

Ja217
12-04-2011, 09:20 PM
Great game until the game is tied and yes we are backed up with a 3rd down mid-4th quarter. Why do we run a bubble screen as opposed to trying to get the first down and sustain a long drive to win the game? Odd

Why do go to rushing just 3 down the stretch, 4 max all of a sudden with no blitz and no pressure, whats up with that?

Other than that, if we play that way against average teams we will blow them out.

BK07071
12-04-2011, 10:10 PM
Great game until the game is tied and yes we are backed up with a 3rd down mid-4th quarter. Why do we run a bubble screen as opposed to trying to get the first down and sustain a long drive to win the game? Odd

Why do go to rushing just 3 down the stretch, 4 max all of a sudden with no blitz and no pressure, whats up with that?

Other than that, if we play that way against average teams we will blow them out.

I don't have an issue with KG. He called a good game. WE did put 35 points on the board against an 11-0 team that was and is still undefeated. My issue is with PF and his defensive schemes, especially his three man rushes to put pressure on the QB and put the rest of the defense in zone and man to man coverage. It's a typical read and react defense and not an attacking defense that the Giants were known for when Spags was here.

Ja217
12-04-2011, 10:34 PM

I don't have an issue with KG. He called a good game. WE did put 35 points on the board against an 11-0 team that was and is still undefeated. My issue is with PF and his defensive schemes, especially his three man rushes to put pressure on the QB and put the rest of the defense in zone and man to man coverage. It's a typical read and react defense and not an attacking defense that the Giants were known for when Spags was here.

Completely agree, kg called a pretty good game until the point I mentioned though. You have a chance to drive the length of the field, its 3rd and 8 I believe, you have to try to get the first not just play to punt there...I don't get it