PDA

View Full Version : my post SB NYG mock draft 1.0

deekay7685
02-06-2012, 01:03 PM
1. Vontaze Burfict- MLB (Arizona State) or Dwayne Allen- TE
(Clemson)
2a. (Osi trade) Doug Martin- RB (Boise St) or Vontaze Burfict- LB (Arizone St)
2b. Kendall Reyes- DT (U Conn) or Doug Martin- RB (Boise St)
3. Nigel Bradham- OLB (Fla St) or Keenan Robinson- OLB (U Texas)
4a. Trent Robinson- FS (Mich State) or R. Ellison- TE/FB (USC) Kheeston Randall-DT (U Texas)
4b. (Cofield comp.) Asa Jackson- CB/PR (Cal Poly)
5. Julian Miller- DE (West Virginia)
6. Jeff Allen- OT (Illinois) or Don Barclay- OT (West Virginia)
6 or 7. (S. Smith comp.) Evan Rodriguez- FB/TE/H-B (Temple) / Akiem Hicks- DT (Regina) / C. Mosley-FS (U Va) / J. Young- FS (S Fla) / J. Looney- OG (Wake For)

critters
02-06-2012, 03:22 PM
This is like my anti-mock draft... where I want us to go more SEC... the best conference in CFB. You don't have one SEC target listed.

GiantPride27
02-06-2012, 03:42 PM
This is like my anti-mock draft... where I want us to go more SEC... the best conference in CFB. You don't have one SEC target listed.

That is a dumb statement. The best players dont always come from the best conference. Great players are on every level, school, and conference.

Notable Small Scool/Conference Giants:

Osi - Troy
JJ - Troy
Strahan - Texas Southern
Cruz - UMass
Bradshaw - Marshall
Boley - Southern Mississippi
Jacobs - Southern Illinois - D1AA
Joseph - East Carolina

Redeyejedi
02-06-2012, 03:58 PM

That is a dumb statement. The best players dont always come from the best conference. Great players are on every level, school, and conference.

Osi - Troy
JJ - Troy
Strahan - Texas Southern
Cruz - UMass
Bradshaw - Marshall
Joseph - East Carolina I do agree but Jacobs was at Auburn and Linval was supposed to go to Florida but the scholarship got pulled dont know the whole story.

GiantPride27
02-06-2012, 04:18 PM

Osi - Troy
JJ - Troy
Strahan - Texas Southern
Cruz - UMass
Bradshaw - Marshall
Joseph - East Carolina I do agree but Jacobs was at Auburn and Linval was supposed to go to Florida but the scholarship got pulled dont know the whole story.

IDK about Joseph but Jacobs left on his own accord bc he was behind carnell williams and ronnie brown

Spizi
02-06-2012, 05:05 PM
Osi is not going anywhere!

Hell no to Vontaze in the first he could honestly be there in the 2nd with his character concerns.

i like fleener more than Allen. He has the height advantage and is arguably a better athlete. Great speed is what we need!

critters
02-06-2012, 05:24 PM
Hahaha. I didn't say there weren't great players outside of the SEC. I said it's the best CONFERENCE in CFB. I also didn't say all the best players come from the SEC. I said my mock draft has more players from the SEC and this one had zero. I don't think the Giants drafted one player from the SEC last year.

slipknottin
02-06-2012, 05:56 PM
would hate to see osi traded

Have no interest in Burfict.

bigblue4417
02-06-2012, 05:57 PM
TOO EARLY

PrideofNY
02-06-2012, 08:31 PM
I definitely think they will go Tackle in one of the first two rounds. Maybe tight end, as Beckum's injury does not bode well.

BlueSanta
02-06-2012, 08:47 PM
Osi isnt gonna get traded and If he is traded it wont be for a 2nd rounder. The guy has 1 year left on his contract, nobody will send away a 2nd round pick for a guy who could walk after 1 season.

This means that team would have to try to negotiate a contract with him prior to the trade. But as we saw last year when Osi wanted to be traded, nobody is willing to give Osi the type of money he wants because his demands are excessive. But, you think a team will not only give him that contract but also send a 2nd round pick out the door too? Its just not likely.

Oh and Burfict is too risky in my opinion especially for a 4-3 team like us. He will likely be taken by a 3-4 team.

deekay7685
02-07-2012, 12:48 AM
Osi could get us a 2nd rounder if the team agrees to offer him an extension.

what MLB do u prefer?
Cole, Franklin?

BlueSanta
02-07-2012, 07:12 AM

what MLB do u prefer?
Cole, Franklin?

He couldnt last year. We could not get a 2nd rounder for him last year and now we are a year and a surgery later. But, that besides the point really because your wrong about how it would likely go down.

The Giants will likely not extend his contract and then trade him. The trade would only occur if the team he is being traded to negotiated a contract with him.

The 1st thing that we have to know before this discussion can occur is what is Osi's price tag? Does he still want top 5 DE money? If so, or even if close to the case, gluck finding a trading partner.

But, with a new contract comes signing bonuses and guaranteed money. Your asking a team to take on those big cap hits on top of a 2nd round pick? Its not going to happen like that. It will take some serious bargaining to get a deal done and considering the price, I just dont see anyone offering a 2nd this year when they wouldnt last year.

lawl
02-07-2012, 08:20 AM

what MLB do u prefer?
Cole, Franklin?

He couldnt last year. We* could not get a 2nd rounder for him last year and now we are a year and a surgery later. But, that besides the point really because your wrong about how it would likely go down.

The Giants will likely not extend his contract and then trade him. The trade would only occur if the team he is being traded to negotiated a contract with him.

The 1st thing that we have to know before this discussion can occur is what is Osi's price tag? Does he still want top 5 DE money? If so, or even if close to the case,* gluck finding a trading partner.

But, with a new contract comes signing bonuses and guaranteed money. Your asking a team to take on those big cap hits on top of a 2nd round pick? Its not going to happen like that. It will take some serious bargaining to get a deal done and considering the price, I just dont see anyone offering a 2nd this year when they wouldnt last year.

We couldnt get a 1st rounder for him. We wouldnt even trade him for a 2nd this past offseason.

BlueSanta
02-07-2012, 10:46 AM

what MLB do u prefer?
Cole, Franklin?

He couldnt last year. We could not get a 2nd rounder for him last year and now we are a year and a surgery later. But, that besides the point really because your wrong about how it would likely go down.

The 1st thing that we have to know before this discussion can occur is what is Osi's price tag? Does he still want top 5 DE money? If so, or even if close to the case, gluck finding a trading partner.

We couldnt get a 1st rounder for him. We wouldnt even trade him for a 2nd this past offseason.

Several news sources said we dropped it to a 2nd. Most notably the Baltimore Sun.

http://www.rantsports.com/redzonetalk/2011/08/03/new-york-giants-drop-asking-price-for-de-osi-umenyiora-to-second-round-pick/

To be fair, there were conflicting reports. But, the team officials in Baltimore said the Giants asked for a 2nd rounder. The people refuting the demand were mostly Osi's camp. His agent would have a vested interest in denying that since it would hurt his contract negotiations only being worth a 2nd rounder. On the other hand, I cannot think of a reason why team reps from Baltimore would lie.

deekay7685
02-07-2012, 07:04 PM
i made some adjustments to my mock draft.
i added a WR for the 4th or 5th round since the early sentiment is that Mario is not returning.
Also added Fleener.

1. Vontaze Burfict- MLB (Arizona State) or Dwayne Allen- TE
(Clemson) or C. Fleener- TE (Stanford)
2a. (Osi trade) Doug Martin- RB (Boise St) or Vontaze Burfict- LB (Arizona St)
2b. Kendall Reyes- DT (U Conn) or Doug Martin- RB (Boise St)
3. Nigel Bradham- OLB (Fla St) or Keenan Robinson- OLB (U Texas)
4a. Marvin Jones- WR (U Cal) or R. Ellison- TE/FB (USC) or Kheeston Randall-DT (U Texas) or O. Vernon- DE (U Miami)
4b. (Cofield comp.) Asa Jackson- CB/PR (Cal Poly)
5. Julian Miller- DE (West Virginia) or J. White- WR (W Michigan)
6. Jeff Allen- OT (Illinois) or Don Barclay- OT (West Virginia)
6 or 7. (S. Smith comp.) Akiem Hicks- DT (Regina) or C. Mosley-FS (U Va) or J. Young- FS (S Fla) or J. Looney- OG (Wake For)