PDA

View Full Version : I still want Perry Fewell gone

T.Rice57
02-06-2012, 01:07 PM
For many reasons, and there's an entire offseason to discuss, so I won't get into details now.

But he sucks.

buddy33
02-06-2012, 01:10 PM
Lol.

Ok.

Eli TO Shockey
????????

MattMeyerBud
For many reasons, and there's an entire offseason to discuss, so I won't get into details now.

But he sucks.

true

he did an awful job this postseason

****in loser... shutting out the Falcons, REALLY holding the PAckers to 2 FGs, and then holding Tom Brady to 17 points

what a piece of **** - FIRE HIM NOW REESE YOU IMGRATE

BigBlue1971
02-06-2012, 01:12 PM
[:^)] [:P]

GiantsYanks
02-06-2012, 01:12 PM

But he sucks.

really bro? SMH some people are never satisfied. Yea its his fault that he doesnt have the linebackers that aren't athletic enough to cover the top 2 TE tandem in the league.. they did the best they could with the personal we have. You're ridiculous.

brad
02-06-2012, 01:13 PM
While I would prefer to see a more aggressive defense at times, you can't just want him gone without finding a suitable alternative. What happens if his replacement is worse than he is? Keep in mind his schemes made some of the most prolific offenses in the league look average in the playoff run and in the SB. Offenses play differently when facing the Giants pass rush, they get rid of the ball quickly, and Fewell seems to have found a pretty good answer to that.

GMENAGAIN
02-06-2012, 01:14 PM

But he sucks.
</P>

Wow . . . just wow . . . . </P>

GameTime
02-06-2012, 01:15 PM

But he sucks.
</P>

come on dude you have all off season to be a**** about why PF sucks to you. Not even a day into a SB victory and you have post this ****....</P>

get real....</P>

RagTime Blue
02-06-2012, 01:16 PM
St. Steven is working somewhere else.

Sorry, but we're going to have to deal with having a Super Bowl winning DC next year.

Giantsin04
02-06-2012, 01:17 PM
How many points did the Giants give up in the playoffs?

titwio
02-06-2012, 01:18 PM
Why do people post things like this and not remember the details. The Giants had so many injuries Perry had to deal with and compensate for. Not to mention what he did the year before resurrecting the defense from the days of Bill Sheridan.

Perry is players coach and his schemes and implements have successfully knocked off teams like the Falcons, Packers and the Patriots....twice! Those are some of the leagues best offenses this year.

elismom
02-06-2012, 01:19 PM

But he sucks.

Take Acid much?

First yr with an injury plaqued seaason he got a ring
whats going on here?

r1000
02-06-2012, 01:39 PM
I think J Williams is pretty darn athletic.. I think next season he is going to reek havoc.

KentGraham10
02-06-2012, 01:40 PM
I'm no FOOTBALL GODLY GURU but PF does things different than Spagz because our defense is different. We still have a top tier rotation at DL, but our LBs are weaker. Secondary is about the same if not better in coverage than the last SB team. Biggest difference too is our offense. Our defense doesn't have to force the issue and take chances anymore because our offense can handle themselves a lot better. Remember when it was the offense who would play conservative and not make mistakes so the defense could keep us in games? Well it's the other way around now folks. Defense knows not to fudge up because they know if they just keep the score close Eli will win the big games again, and again, and again, and AGAIN!

Also, really big props to Coach Quinn and what he did on special teams for us this year. Tynes was his normal self, but punting and returning were awesome, and did you notice how when we received kicks the kickoff team stayed put until the ball was in the air? Great coaching right there, big step up from the onside kick in the regular season. All around great effort by this Super Bowl team, be PROUD of what they did Giants fans!

pino
02-06-2012, 01:50 PM
I wanted him gone after that Redskins game, but honestly, after this post-season run, we have to give him his props.

Jets, Cowboys, Falcons, Packers, 49ers, Patriots. All won with solid defensive performances. That is no small feat, and most of those games were rivalry/revenge games.

CDN_G-FAN
02-06-2012, 01:52 PM

But he sucks.
</P>

LOLOL</P>

He'll leave after he gets a head coaching job.</P>

Not a second before.</P>

Hope you enjoy every last second of Perry Fewell as DC of the giants.</P>

The rest of us will.</P>

TheReal_LT
02-06-2012, 01:55 PM

But he sucks.

true

he did an awful job this postseason

****in loser... shutting out the Falcons, REALLY holding the PAckers to 2 FGs, and then holding Tom Brady to 17 points

what a piece of **** - FIRE HIM NOW REESE YOU IMGRATE

LOL...some people are just never satisfied

JJC7301
02-06-2012, 01:56 PM
Thank God Fewell will be back next year. And this coming from a guy who didn't start believing in Fewell until the Falcons game.

redzone88
02-06-2012, 02:15 PM

But he sucks.

I respectfully disagree... He over came an injury riddled defense that's playing musical chairs. Handled NE twice this year, shut out Atlanta, handled GB, San Fran and helped win a super bowl.

Fewell is amazing.

peytonkrug
02-06-2012, 02:58 PM
Let the afterglow of the superbowl at least wear off first.

bLuereverie
02-06-2012, 03:02 PM
Fewell worked under Coughlin briefly in Jacksonville correct?

gumby742
02-06-2012, 03:06 PM
Hold on a sec. If you asked me if I'm sold in Fewell, I'd be lying if I told you I have confidence he has the ability to adjust if we got hit with injuries again.</P>

He did a decent job in 2010. We got hit with injuries in 2011. We went from 7th in total defense to almost dead last. This tells me had doesn't have the ability to adjust to his existing personnel. It's one thing to drop from 7th to say 20th or 15th. But 29th?</P>

Something is up. He obviously has earned another year. But I'm not sold.</P>

logan9839
02-06-2012, 03:11 PM
This is crazy. I am sure there are those that also want KG gone. I think fans think we should score on every down and stop the other team every down. Just crazy......they don't know a good thing when we have it.

M0rbid
02-06-2012, 03:12 PM
I still want Fassell gone. Oh wait.

G-Man67
02-06-2012, 03:16 PM
<font color="red">yeah allowing Brady to score 17, ridiculous, Spags held them to 14 !!!!!!! ... garbage, pure garbage</font>

nygsb42champs
02-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning?

Voldamort
02-06-2012, 03:20 PM
ok replace him with Al Groh?

Diamondring
02-06-2012, 03:23 PM

But he sucks.
Huh? WHAT?!!

Redeyejedi
02-06-2012, 03:27 PM
I will post this again the NY Giants had the 3rd most injuries suffered to a defensive unit in the last 10 years. The other teams were the Lions who lost every single game, they went 0-16 and the 6-10 Bills . Not only did they make the playoffs and win the division but they won the Super Bowl. Not only that but the defense played fantastic in the playoffs, they pulled there weight and some.

titwio
02-06-2012, 03:33 PM
I will post this again the NY Giants had the 3rd most injuries suffered to a defensive unit in the last 10 years. The other teams were the Lions who lost every single game, they went 0-16 and the 6-10 Bills . Not only did they make the playoffs and win the division but they won the Super Bowl. Not only that but the defense played fantastic in the playoffs, they pulled there weight and some.

God bless this post.

NWKEffectElement
02-06-2012, 04:21 PM
You must be on coke.

barran21
02-06-2012, 04:23 PM

But he sucks.

WTF...

The Pats scored 31 points on every other team, against us this season we held them to 20 and 17...

dave56dj
02-06-2012, 04:30 PM
kENT - while i am not complaining at all - cause man am i on cloud 9 today - im really not sure about the props to Quin - you say the return game was awesome? really in what game ever? I do think jernigan who had one nice return in the SB might break out next year - but other then that there return game is based solely on possession - where other teams use it as a weapon. We have other areas that garner us points but i still dont think its work praising a unit that pretty much is told not to mess up.

The coverage was better and i think that was due in part to an infusion of young talent - sash - jones - herlich (when not hurt) J williams and co.

I love every coach and player on our team but i just cant manage to give props to quin for not having his guys bail out on kickoffs - thats a standard football fundamental.

Tony Bruno
02-06-2012, 05:04 PM
With the caliber players we will get back next year and the draft I promise they will draft very well and he will have plenty to work with and another year of guys in the system cant hurt...

TroyArcher
02-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Good luck with that. The Defense went on a run perhaps better than the team in 2007 with Spags.

pica01
02-06-2012, 06:21 PM
I'll admit that there was a point this season when the blown coverages had me blaming Fewell.But when the D-line got healthy and,more importantly,they brought back Blackburn and moved Boley back outside the D performed admirably.Casual fans don't realize how important the guy calling defensive signals on the field is.When Pierce went down and then retired we lost more than a good MLB.We lost the defensive QB.Goff showed promise but then went on IR.It wasn't until Blackburn returned calling D signals that the defense came together.Not to mention how Blackburns return as special teams captain turned that unit around also.before that every returned kickoff seemed to go at least past the 25 and often past the 30.Since Blackburn returned we actually saw stops inside the 20 and rarely past the 25.We even stopped seeing flags on almost every punt return.Special teams,our weakness,won the 9er game.The unsung MVP of this team was Chase Blackburn.

FIFTY6G-MAN
02-07-2012, 09:16 AM
I wanna see what he can do when our D is healthy for the majority of the season. Our D during the last 6 or 7 games has been pretty spot on and looky what we accomplished, SB CHAMPS!

Firenugget
02-07-2012, 09:19 AM
I was absolutely ready for him to go after the last Skins game. But I was dead wrong. The fact that this defense got good as soon as we got some guys back plus signed Blackburn (most underrated move EVER) can't be coincidence.

Can't have a good defense without good players on the field. I'm sorry Fewell, I was too quick to judge and thank you for making me feel like an ***.

GMENAGAIN
02-07-2012, 10:14 AM
Hold on a sec. If you asked me if I'm sold in Fewell, I'd be lying if I told you I have confidence he has the ability to adjust if we got hit with injuries again.</P>

He did a decent job in 2010. We got hit with injuries in 2011. We went from 7th in total defense to almost dead last. This tells me had doesn't have the ability to adjust to his existing personnel. It's one thing to drop from 7th to say 20th or 15th. But 29th?</P>

</P>

Something IS up . . . our backups are not as good as our starters. </P>

OrangeGiant
02-07-2012, 10:19 AM
I want you gone.

BurnerNYG
02-07-2012, 10:31 AM
Dumb thread... no let me rephrase that... REAL dumb thread!

gianttuffguy
02-07-2012, 11:03 AM
No thomas, goff, numerous bac ups ,rookie linebackers fewell stays

Jiffy Jeff
02-07-2012, 11:05 AM

But he sucks.

One of the most stupid things I've EVER seen.

CDN_G-FAN
02-07-2012, 11:07 AM
let's just let this thread die.</P>

</P>

the original poster hasn't made a post since he started the thread, and we're now 3 pages in.</P>

he's a troll.</P>

FBomb
02-07-2012, 11:12 AM

But he sucks.
</P>

Seriously?</P>

Look, I had my doubts during the season but guess what.....players started getting healthy. This thread is ill-timed and grossly unintelligent.</P>

gumby742
02-07-2012, 11:53 AM

</P>

Something IS up . . . our backups are not as good as our starters. </P>

</P>

You're telling me that even injured, our talent on defense was so bad to warrant a dead last (or close) to ranking in defense? Not buying.</P>

BleedNYblue
02-07-2012, 12:00 PM

But he sucks.

<font color="#FF0000">Yeah we will replace him with one of the Ryan family. Yeah, Rex for d.c.</font>

RoanokeFan
02-07-2012, 12:02 PM

But he sucks.

You have to be kidding

nycisgreat
02-07-2012, 12:08 PM
We won a Superbowl a 1.5 days ago, and this is what you could come up with. You have an insatiable appetite for foolishness and ungreatful.

Harooni
02-08-2012, 01:20 AM
shakes head . the man did the best he could with the injuries and lack of FA signings.

JMFP2
02-08-2012, 01:31 AM
The entire team struggled midway through the season. Fortunately Fewell made the changes needed, and the defense finished strong.</P>

All the injuries took their toll; fortunately, we got some guys back toward the end, and that made a huge difference.</P>