PDA

View Full Version : Aaron ross and chase blackburn!!!

Marvelousmik
02-06-2012, 12:13 PM
Everyone talks about cruz being a break out player but with all due respect, you cant forget Ross. i have been holding back ever since week 5 because i didnt wan't to jinx anything. I felt like if i said something about ross he would stop playing good for whatever reason.

But now that we won the superbowl, id just liKE to say this man has played like a <font color="#0000FF">FIRST ROUND <font color="#000000">pick this season. I rarely heard his name called all season (which is great for a corner), and i cant remember him having a bad game after playing the rams. it seemed like ever since he got benched he went into a zone and focused.</font></font> He in my opinion was the biggest shock of the season.

Chase is another player who shocked me this season. I just have 3 words for chase.
PAY THE MAN!

Im now going to end this off with a little song.

I believe in eliiiiiii
I believe he can touch the skyyyyyyy
I think about eli every night and daaaaaay
He gon take this team faaaaaar awaaaaay

KillaRich
02-06-2012, 12:17 PM
Ross played well this year...now the question do they pay him or TT....I doubt it'll be both with the prince looming for playing time

MattMeyerBud
02-06-2012, 12:17 PM
no more Andrew Luck?

brad
02-06-2012, 12:19 PM
Ross has been very good this season, IMO. However, there is only so much $$ to go around, if you pay him that means someone else isn't getting paid, possibly going to another team. Decisions have to be made based on team need. With Ross, the questions will be, does TT come back fully healthy and can Prince step in as the third corner? If the answer to those questions is yes, the value for Ross is lowered from a Giants perspective.

With Chase, I agree he has pretty much earned a spot on the Giants roster next year. While I would love to see them get a stud MLB, he has proven that he is a good one, and that was enough to make this defense play at a high level.

Coach Carter
02-06-2012, 12:26 PM
Ross has been very good this season, IMO. However, there is only so much $$ to go around, if you pay him that means someone else isn't getting paid, possibly going to another team. Decisions have to be made based on team need. With Ross, the questions will be, does TT come back fully healthy and can Prince step in as the third corner? If the answer to those questions is yes, the value for Ross is lowered from a Giants perspective.

With Chase, I agree he has pretty much earned a spot on the Giants roster next year. While I would love to see them get a stud MLB, he has proven that he is a good one, and that was enough to make this defense play at a high level.

I love how middle class people know that rich people don't have any money.

brad
02-06-2012, 12:29 PM

I love how middle class people know that rich people don't have any money.

I love how some people don't realize there is a thing called a "salary cap" in the NFL

CDN_G-FAN
02-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Ross was awesome in the playoffs.</P>

he made some great plays last night.</P>

my only concern with him is the fact that he's doing all this in a contract year.</P>

i hate that. i always hate that.</P>

MattMeyerBud
02-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Ross was awesome in the playoffs.</p>

he made some great plays last night.</p>

my only concern with him is the fact that he's doing all this in a contract year.</p>

i hate that. i always hate that.</p>

his claims are that anytime he is healthy he plays like that

it is something to think about

buddy33
02-06-2012, 12:41 PM
How often has he been healthy?

sc_markt
02-06-2012, 12:43 PM
Not to change the focus on Ross and Blackburn, but did Prince play?

CDN_G-FAN

my only concern with him is the fact that he's doing all this in a contract year.</P>

i hate that. i always hate that.</P>

his claims are that anytime he is healthy he plays like that

it is something to think about
</P>

LOL</P>

sounds like something you'd say to someone when you don't want them to pay attention to the fact that this is a contract year.</P>

but for us, WHATEVER. Look at our coaches. If they sign this guy instead of TT, then they agree with Ross.</P>

if they don't, then they put some value in the contract year angle.</P>

best part is, i don't really have to question if these coaches guys are right nearly as much as i used to.</P>

they've earned alot more rope from all of us. hope we all remember that past this week.</P>

Marvelousmik

ross &gt; TT in my opinion. but why not keep both of them? its possible that we can.

As far as a stud middle LB i would like kiwi to go back on the DE to rotate, and for us to get a stud LB. But i dont want anyone replacing chase right now. He has great awareness, plays physical and has a lot of passion for the game. listen to what TC said about him in his presser. you dont find many guys like that.

brad
02-06-2012, 12:52 PM

ross > TT in my opinion. but why not keep both of them? its possible that we can.

As far as a stud middle LB i would like kiwi to go back on the DE o rotate, and for us to get a stud LB. But i dont want anyone replacing chase right now. He has great awareness and passion for the game. you dont find many guys like that.

Would love to keep both Ross and TT, just pointing out that when you load up on one position that means you are spending less in another area to balance the cap. I am not trying to predict who is the better corner between the two.

I agree with you on getting an OLB and moving Kiwi back into the DE rotation. I am a big fan of Blackburn and would be quite happy to see him back in the MLB spot.

da_mane_man
02-06-2012, 01:01 PM
these 2 deserve a LOT of credit. ross played his butt off in the superbowl, he was blowin people up!

G.I. Ants
02-06-2012, 01:12 PM
I have been on Ross' side this year too. I am totally impressed how he was able to maintain and keep his confidence after the tough start of the season. He made one amazing tackle on Green-Elis in that game.

AngryAZN
02-06-2012, 01:26 PM
Ross played well this year...now the question do they pay him or TT....I doubt it'll be both with the prince looming for playing time

That raises the question of what to do with Terrell Thomas, who was consider the "best" CB on the team before he went on IR this year. Both Ross and Thomas are not on contract for next season.

Blackburn has made some plays, but he is not the answer at MLB.

gumby742
02-06-2012, 01:30 PM
I still think Chase is backup/fill in material. I love him to death, but I just don't know.</P>

It'll be interesting on what we'll do with Ross also with Prince waiting in the wings. We have a choice between TT and Ross. Maybe resign those 2 to short term contracts?</P>

MattMeyerBud
02-06-2012, 01:34 PM
it'll be interesting to see if we offer Goff something small and if he'd take it

but we are in cap hell i would imagine...

we need another great draft from Reese

Marvelousmik
02-06-2012, 01:37 PM

Blackburn has made some plays, but he is not the answer at MLB.

the thing that impresses me about chase is that before he was here, the middle of the field was aways wide open. our LB's were our greatest weakness and we sucked in zone coverage. on every 3rd down, if we were in a zxone u almost knew the other team would probably get the first down somewhere over the middle.

When chase came everything changed. he didnt have an off season, a preseason, and played how many games during the regular season coming off of being a substitute teacher? he held it down in the middle. ive seen him dive and break up passes countless times. he recovered fumbles and caught interceptions for us.i think he played great and with an off season this time around he will be even better. dont sleep on him because hes almost 30. look at london fletcher.

gumby742
02-06-2012, 01:38 PM
it'll be interesting to see if we offer Goff something small and if he'd take it

but we are in cap hell i would imagine...

we need another great draft from Reese
</P>

Draft picks stake time to develop though.Who knows if Goff will be 100% next year. I wouldn't be surprised if Chase is our day 1 starter.</P>

</P>

JPP
02-06-2012, 01:40 PM

ross > TT in my opinion. but why not keep both of them? its possible that we can.

As far as a stud middle LB i would like kiwi to go back on the DE to rotate, and for us to get a stud LB. But i dont want anyone replacing chase right now. He has great awareness, plays physical and has a lot of passion for the game. listen to what TC said about him in his presser. you dont find many guys like that.

Well if we end up having to split ways with Osi still then we could draft or sign another LB and move Kiwi up and have him be 3rd in rotation. All depends on if Osi wants to keep making waves or not I guess.

slipknottin
02-06-2012, 01:42 PM
Ross played the best football of his career down the giants winning stretch.

Voldamort
Will TT be the same? Ross played better this year but for what price?

Kruunch

i hate that.* i always hate that.</P>

+1

And he was liability most of the year.

I love the Super Bowl run, but I wouldn't lose much sleep if I never saw Ross in a Giants uniform again. I'd much rather keep TT.

BlueBlooded1979
02-06-2012, 02:16 PM
Both have an injury history.

Ross is almost 3 years older.

Neither is a stud nor a disaster is coverage.

Ross has more speed, TT tackles better.

It all comes down to $$. If they are both looking for big money they are playing elsewhere. Especially TT since no one has any idea how he returns.

Ross has been a big part of both SB runs. Maybe he is better than his reputation.

nygsb42champs
02-06-2012, 02:17 PM
They both stepped up and played huge roles for us this year.

Penguin101
02-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Blackburn has been AMAZING in the playoffs, I just loved to see him back, it brought back the memories :)

Penguin101
02-06-2012, 02:24 PM
Also, don't forget about Weatherford, truly a GIGANTIC performance!

logan9839
02-06-2012, 02:25 PM
This will be a very interesting off-season. Ross is our corner that gets picked on as he is not as good as Web, but he, to me, seems much better than most other corners that get picked on. TT is an unknown, so I am guessing Ross will be a priority. The other question is what about Cruz, he needs to get paid.

AngryAZN
02-06-2012, 02:57 PM
This will be a very interesting off-season. Ross is our corner that gets picked on as he is not as good as Web, but he, to me, seems much better than most other corners that get picked on. TT is an unknown, so I am guessing Ross will be a priority. The other question is what about Cruz, he needs to get paid.

Technically, the Giants have Cruz on contract next season for $490k. But I'm sure his agent is looking for $$

RoanokeFan
02-06-2012, 03:01 PM
Not to change the focus on Ross and Blackburn, but did Prince play?

Yes, he did.

Marvelousmik
02-07-2012, 12:12 AM
+1

And he was liability most of the year.

I love the Super Bowl run, but I wouldn't lose much sleep if I never saw Ross in a Giants uniform again. I'd much rather keep TT.

after the rams game, link 2 games where ross played bad.

good luck

DandyDon
02-07-2012, 12:30 AM

i hate that.* i always hate that.</P>

Ross really did up his game for playoffs, especially Sunday night.

I still cant believe that was Blackburn on that pick. Did you see how fast that big dude ran to catch up? Was almost funny.

Buto
02-07-2012, 12:38 AM
Ross was awesome in the playoffs.</p>

he made some great plays last night.</p>

my only concern with him is the fact that he's doing all this in a contract year.</p>

i hate that. i always hate that.</p>
Your little G-Man needs a new Superbowl cap.
Sounds nice doesn't it?