PDA

View Full Version : Question - Bradshaw TD

Manning2Niks
02-06-2012, 12:25 PM
Just curious if it was mentioned what Coughlin wanted Bradshaw to do. Was he instructed to go down or score?

I only ask because the way it happened seemed funny to me. Like he COULD have not scored but did anyway.

Personally I'm glad he did because I think you take the points when you can....you never know what's going to happen. Im just really curious to know Coughlins strategy if it is known. Thanks!

repeatchamps
02-06-2012, 12:30 PM
Just curious if it was mentioned what Coughlin wanted Bradshaw to do. Was he instructed to go down or score? I only ask because the way it happened seemed funny to me. Like he COULD have not scored but did anyway. Personally I'm glad he did because I think you take the points when you can....you never know what's going to happen. Im just really curious to know Coughlins strategy if it is known. Thanks!</P>

Coughlin claimed he instructed Bradshaw that they may just let him score. Not sure if he told Bradshaw to go down at the one before the play. Eli was shouting at him to go down during the play but that's a little too late in the situation to actually expect him to actually #1 hear Eli and #2react quick enough to go down before scoring.</P>

Gmen DLS
02-06-2012, 12:45 PM
Coughlin claimed he only mentioned how many times outs Pats had left. He said Eli did mention to not score. Bradshaw not expecting the sea to part his momentum took him in.

ELIteManning
02-06-2012, 12:53 PM
When coughlin interviewed on the field side nbc set, he said he wanted Bradshaw to score...said you have to take the points and pointed out the field goal missed by cundiff as to why u have to take the points. he did not say that he told any players to or not to score.

Manning2Niks
02-06-2012, 01:02 PM
When coughlin interviewed on the field side nbc set, he said he wanted Bradshaw to score...said you have to take the points and pointed out the field goal missed by cundiff as to why u have to take the points. he did not say that he told any players to or not to score.

Awesome. I love it.

Thanks for the insight, guys.

I love this team. I love this coach. I love this quarterback.