PDA

View Full Version : Eli on cover of Madden? PLEASE GOD NO!

DartLax 36
02-06-2012, 01:52 PM
Herm Edwards on ESPN saying Eli should definitely be on the over of Madden 13. Hasselbeck says they should get Rodgers at a a discount since Eli is a 2-time SB MVP.

Alls I can say is.. DEAR GOD NO! KEEP HIM OFF THE COVER!

GmenFan1980
02-06-2012, 01:54 PM
Eli is "littlestitous" no way he would agree to the curse

CDN_G-FAN
02-06-2012, 01:56 PM
There's no such thing as a madden curse.</P>

I hope Eli is on the cover. </P>

He deserves it.</P>

LOL. Worst case scenario we are cursed afterwords, i'll take alot of comfort waiting for the curse to end watching my commemorative Superbowl DVDs from 2007 and 2011..........</P>

TuckYou
02-06-2012, 02:01 PM
<U>There's no such thing as a madden curse.</U></P>

He deserves it.</P>

LOL. Worst case scenario we are cursed afterwords, i'll take alot of comfort waiting for the curse to end watching my commemorative Superbowl DVDs from 2007 and 2011..........</P>

</P>

People keep saying that to me, and I keep pointing out the stats. </P>

Where did Peyton Hillis go this year?</P>

Pakman
02-06-2012, 02:04 PM

He deserves it.</P>

LOL.* Worst case scenario we are cursed afterwords, i'll take alot of comfort waiting for the curse to end watching my commemorative Superbowl DVDs from 2007 and 2011..........</P>

</P>

Curse or not...for some reason players on the cover end up doing bad, getting injured, or something crazy.

The craziest thing that happened was when Favre was on the cover and the ****ing cover brought him out of retirement to play for the Jets.

You blame Fabre for coming back...it was the cover

Sundown
02-06-2012, 02:04 PM
Avoid at all cost!!

bflo23
02-06-2012, 02:07 PM
Madden is such a terrible game that I will still pass on Madden even with Eli on cover.

Bring back 2k football. Put him on a 2k football game and I am buying.

P_Simms_#11
02-06-2012, 02:09 PM
Put Vick on the cover.

CDN_G-FAN
02-06-2012, 02:13 PM

He deserves it.</P>

</P>

</P>

LOL</P>

the 'parameters' of the curse are so wide that of course it looks real.</P>

most sites i read talking about it say that it's not just injuries, but if you have a mediocre season after being on the cover, that counts too.</P>

i'll put Eli's two rings and MVPs up against the curse anyday.</P>

TuckYou
02-06-2012, 02:14 PM
Put Vick on the cover.
</P>

He was,the year heshattered his fibula.</P>

TuckYou
02-06-2012, 02:17 PM

He deserves it.</P>

</P>

</P>

LOL</P>

the 'parameters' of the curse are so wide that of course it looks real.</P>

most sites i read talking about it say that it's not just injuries, but if you have a mediocre season after being on the cover, that counts too.</P>

i'll put Eli's two rings and MVPs up against the curse anyday.</P>

</P>

You know, its mostly injuries and stats, but that ish is real. How can it happen year after year after year. Players are all like "I dont believe in curses." Next thing you know they are having a horrible year, injuried and their mother dies. Then they want no part of it and respect it. </P>

SouthernGiant56
02-06-2012, 02:18 PM
Definitely worried about this, and I don't really see who else would be more deserving of the cover. That would be great if Eli turned it down. After playing Madden for the first time this year in 3 years, I decided to not buy it again for at least another 3 years (hopefully they will fix NCAA Football). However, if Eli is on the cover, I would definitely have to buy it again.

Here's to hoping Eli's superstitions win out.

Diamondring
02-06-2012, 02:23 PM
I hate Madden and that curse mess. I want to kick the person's behind for making that comment. Eli stay away from Madden!!!

CDN_G-FAN
02-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Definitely worried about this, and I don't really see who else would be more deserving of the cover. That would be great if Eli turned it down. After playing Madden for the first time this year in 3 years, I decided to not buy it again for at least another 3 years (hopefully they will fix NCAA Football). However, if Eli is on the cover, I would definitely have to buy it again.

</P>

</P>

we are in a truly fortunate position as a franchise when our biggest worry is whether the Madden curse is real or not because our 2 time SB MVP QB will probably be asked to do the cover.</P>

Marvelousmik
02-06-2012, 02:26 PM
Madden is such a terrible game that I will still pass on Madden even with Eli on cover.

this

gumby742
02-06-2012, 02:27 PM
i know there's no curse and i'm just way too superstitious, But i'm not a fan of this.

P_Simms_#11
02-06-2012, 02:36 PM
Put Vick on the cover.
</p>

He was,the year heshattered his fibula.</p>

Thanks TY. Didn't know that.

DragonSoul
02-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Madden shouldn't have the right to do it.

But If anyone can reverse the Madden curse it would be Eli.

Overdrive92
02-06-2012, 09:35 PM
They're doing the fan voting like they did last year where one player from each team enters a tournament. So obviously one of our Giants will be in the running. Perhaps Cruz or JPP? Either way, I hope they lose.

NYGRealityCheck
02-06-2012, 09:43 PM
Rodgers (MVP of the season) or Tom Brady should be on the Madden cover.

Btw, Eli is in ESPN 2k5 and his rating gets better each year if you play franchise mode.

fizzlestick
02-06-2012, 09:50 PM
IMO Eli on the cover would be nice, but Eli and his 3 receivers would be better.

egyptian420
02-06-2012, 09:52 PM
NO!

miked1958
02-06-2012, 09:55 PM
Kinda like the SI cover jinx......
Soon as you get put on there cover expect to have your winning streak stopped.

Past two weeks who do you think we're on their covers?
Tom Brady and then Robert Kraft

Enough said

spair
02-06-2012, 09:56 PM
<u>There's no such thing as a madden curse.</u></p>

I hope Eli is on the cover. </p>

He deserves it.</p>

LOL. Worst case scenario we are cursed afterwords, i'll take alot of comfort waiting for the curse to end watching my commemorative Superbowl DVDs from 2007 and 2011..........</p>

</p>

People keep saying that to me, and I keep pointing out the stats. </p>

Where did Peyton Hillis go this year?</p>

</p>

LOL</p>

the 'parameters' of the curse are so wide that of course it looks real.</p>

most sites i read talking about it say that it's not just injuries, but if you have a mediocre season after being on the cover, that counts too.</p>

i'll put Eli's two rings and MVPs up against the curse anyday.</p>

</p>

You know, its mostly injuries and stats, but that ish is real. How can it happen year after year after year. Players are all like "I dont believe in curses." Next thing you know they are having a horrible year, injuried and their mother dies. Then they want no part of it and respect it. </p>

How many times do bad things have to happen to the cover-boys before people admit there is strange goings on happening...there will not be enough goat blood to sacrifice to make the bad juju go away if Eli lands on that god forsaken thing.

MikeIsaGiant
02-06-2012, 09:57 PM
Put Gisele on it, I mean Brady

Voldamort
02-06-2012, 09:57 PM
discount double check boy should be on the cover!!!or golden boy brady!

Overdrive92
02-06-2012, 09:58 PM
Put Gisele on it, I mean Brady

No, do put Gisele on it.

bELIeve_in_Giants
02-06-2012, 10:10 PM

He deserves it.</P>

</P>

</P>

Or Peyton Manning </P>

Or Sean Payton</P>

It was a far reaching curse this year!</P>

Raiderfan
02-06-2012, 10:12 PM
I am here because I really need to say something about the madden curse. Mainly because it's not true.

Also, congratulations to the Giants, good job guys, you earned it.

Every play you have mentioned suffered from this "curse", sure that's correct. It's a coincidence, but it is there.

Typically players that get on the cover have a career year, so yes it would be hard to replicate a career year. Injuries happen, it's not because of a cover. That's just silly.

And besides all this confirmation bias I see no one brought up Brees who did not get effected by the curse at all.

There is no madden curse.

NYfanatic
02-06-2012, 10:18 PM
l would put the cowboys, redskins and eagles teams on it. Yea that sounds pretty good. Add the jets and pats on their for fun.

Axels15
02-06-2012, 10:25 PM

He deserves it.</P>

LOL.* Worst case scenario we are cursed afterwords, i'll take alot of comfort waiting for the curse to end watching my commemorative Superbowl DVDs from 2007 and 2011..........</P>

</P>

There is definitely a curse

DragonSoul
02-06-2012, 10:30 PM
Kinda like the SI cover jinx......
Soon as you get put on there cover expect to have your winning streak stopped.

Past two weeks who do you think we're on their covers?
Tom Brady and then Robert Kraft

Enough saidNicks was on the Cover after the GB Hail Mary play. We are the ones that seem to break the curses/streaks and buck the odds.

lnp12
02-06-2012, 10:49 PM

</p>

</p>

we are in a truly fortunate position as a franchise when our biggest worry is whether the Madden curse is real or not because our 2 time SB MVP QB will probably be asked to do the cover.</p> hahahaha +1

davecrazy
02-07-2012, 12:52 AM
They asked Eli after XLII and he said no.

Harooni
02-07-2012, 12:57 AM

this

agreed 2k5 was awesome and madden got scared and bought up the rights. imagine what 2k11 would have been like if they kept going.