PDA

View Full Version : Unsung Heros.

Morehead State
02-06-2012, 01:57 PM
2.Hakeem Nicks</P>

He played great in all 4 games. Had countless huge catches, many on 3rd down. I know he's our #1 guy and we all know how good he is, but in the light of Manningham's great catch and Cruz's great play in SF, I thought I should mention just how good he was. Not just yesterday, but throughout the playoffs. Truly a top 5 WR in the NFL.</P>

</P>

1. The Giants Secondary</P>

This is the most maligned part of our team, but they covered their asses off for the entire playoffs. the only reason Rodgers ran for all those yards was because he had no one to throw to. Yesterday, the Pats O line did a nice job protecting Brady and he STILL had a tough time finding an open receiver. In the SF game, they locked up the SF WR's to a tune of 1 catch. So my Morehead playoff ball goes to Aaron Ross, Corey Webster, Kenny Phillips, Antrel Rolle, Deion Grant and even Prince Amukamara who covered well when he was asked to take the field.</P>

You overcame. And thats a great thing.</P>

TroyArcher
02-06-2012, 01:59 PM
I don't think you can classify Hakeem as unsung. He is now regarded as one of the top WR's in the NFL. The entire team played great yesterday with the exception of KMac. He has been a very good Giant but he is too slow to deal with the speed rushers at this point in his career. Time to upgrade next year.

pino
02-06-2012, 02:00 PM
Weatherford.

I still think we could have made a run in 2010 if we didn't have Matt Dodge. Sorry dead horse.

pino
02-06-2012, 02:00 PM
Chase Blackburn.

Roosevelt
02-06-2012, 02:02 PM
Tynes had a great season for us.

titwio
02-06-2012, 02:03 PM
STEVE MF"N WEATHERFORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LT_was_good
02-06-2012, 02:05 PM
Giants absolutely needed that huge game from Nicks, because the Patriots' scheme seemed to indicate "anybody but Cruz."

Morehead State
02-06-2012, 02:13 PM
I don't think you can classify Hakeem as unsung. He is now regarded as one of the top WR's in the NFL. The entire team played great yesterday with the exception of KMac. He has been a very good Giant but he is too slow to deal with the speed rushers at this point in his career. Time to upgrade next year.</P>

Lots of well deserved talk today about Eli and also Manningham's catch. very little if anything said about Nicks 10 catches for 109 yards.</P>

Sarcasman
02-06-2012, 02:16 PM
2.*Hakeem Nicks</P>

* He played great in all 4 games.* Had countless huge catches, many on 3rd down.* I know he's our #1 guy and we all know how good he is, but in the light of Manningham's great catch and Cruz's great play in SF, I thought I should mention just how good he was.* Not just yesterday, but throughout the playoffs.* Truly a top 5 WR in the NFL.</P>

*</P>

1.* The Giants Secondary</P>

This is the most maligned part of our team, but they covered their asses off for the entire playoffs.* the only reason Rodgers ran for all those yards was because he had no one to throw to.* Yesterday, the Pats O line did a nice job protecting Brady and he STILL had a tough time finding an open receiver.* In the SF game, they locked up the SF WR's to a tune of 1 catch.* So my Morehead playoff ball goes to Aaron Ross, Corey Webster, Kenny Phillips, Antrel Rolle, Deion Grant and even Prince Amukamara who covered well when he was asked to take the field.</P>

You overcame. And thats a great thing.</P>

i agree with Hakeem.

He's been a monster in the playoffs and while it's not unnoticed, he doesn't get nearly the ink Cruz and ElI are getting and he's doing more than Cruz in the postseason.

G-Man67
02-06-2012, 02:43 PM
Weatherford, Hynoski, Blackburn, Tynes (gulp), Boothe, Pascoe, PRINCE!!!! ... and then would we have been there without Thomas and J. Williams

egyptian420
02-06-2012, 02:48 PM
Reese:
In the midst of all of the media frenzy surrounding Philly and their acquisitions, Reese got rid of Steve Smith, Kevin Boss, Rich Seubert, Shaun O' Hara, and Barry Cofield and his only free agent move was Baas.

Despite all of this he came out and said "this team will make the playoffs and make a run"

I salute you sir.

P_Simms_#11
02-06-2012, 02:49 PM
Hynoski for recovering the Nicks fumble.