PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Eli and Manningham telling it how it is on that big play.

DragonSoul
02-06-2012, 02:12 PM
If you noticed, that a lot were trying to make the Manning to Manningham 38 yard pass as another David Tyree moment. Which was far from the case.

Manningham said we practice this. It wasn't some type of special catch, we practice getting our feet in.

Eli said that its a pass he works on and practice. He said that throw is muscle memory. It was a great (perfect throw), and really a great catch (but not something that is impossible to catch, Welkers imho was tougher, yet they expect him to catch it 100% of the time if you listen) Eli also made the safety bite, and because of it, it held the safety just long enough to make him get there a hair late.

The biggest issue was Mario Holiding on to it after such a big hit, but not the catch imho.

Congrats for those two, for calling it how it was. Even Mike and Mike in the am, said that Chris Collingsworth was wrong, that it was a great catch, but was is missed is what great a throw it was. Even Trent differ said the same.

DragonSoul
02-06-2012, 02:29 PM
Posted in wrong thread somehow lol

gumby742
02-06-2012, 02:33 PM
If you noticed, that a lot were trying to make the Manning to Manningham 38 yard pass as another David Tyree moment. Which was far from the case. Manningham said we practice this. It wasn't some type of special catch, we practice getting our feet in. Eli said that its a pass he works on and practice. He said that throw is muscle memory. It was a great (perfect throw), and really a great catch (but not something that is impossible to catch, Welkers imho was tougher, yet they expect him to catch it 100% of the time if you listen) Eli also made the safety bite, and because of it, it held the safety just long enough to make him get there a hair late. The biggest issue was Mario Holiding on to it after such a big hit, but not the catch imho. Congrats for those two, for calling it how it was. Even Mike and Mike in the am, said that Chris Collingsworth was wrong, that it was a great catch, but was is missed is what great a throw it was. Even Trent differ said the same.</P>

That pass was unbelievable. One of the best I've ever seen. Not to start a comparison thread, but Ben R, would never have been able to make that throw. He's just not as talented a passer as Eli.</P>

Edit: Not to be confused with who I think is a "better" QB mind you.</P>

jax5338
02-06-2012, 02:34 PM
i find it so strange how manningham can let an easy sideline catch slip away like he did early, and then just make a beautiful catch with two feet down between two defenders like that. he made up for some eat miscues with that beauty, I just hope he can be more consistent. our WRs are so talented I love it.

bandwgn86
02-06-2012, 02:36 PM
If you noticed, that a lot were trying to make the Manning to Manningham 38 yard pass as another David Tyree moment. Which was far from the case. Manningham said we practice this. It wasn't some type of special catch, we practice getting our feet in. Eli said that its a pass he works on and practice. He said that throw is muscle memory. It was a great (perfect throw), and really a great catch (but not something that is impossible to catch, Welkers imho was tougher, yet they expect him to catch it 100% of the time if you listen) Eli also made the safety bite, and because of it, it held the safety just long enough to make him get there a hair late. The biggest issue was Mario Holiding on to it after such a big hit, but not the catch imho. Congrats for those two, for calling it how it was. Even Mike and Mike in the am, said that Chris Collingsworth was wrong, that it was a great catch, but was is missed is what great a throw it was. Even Trent differ said the same.</P>

That pass was unbelievable. One of the best I've ever seen. Not to start a comparison thread, but Ben R, would never have been able to make that throw. He's just not as talented a passer as Eli.</P>

Edit: Not to be confused with who I think is a "better" QB mind you.</P>that old saying rings true.. cannot defend against the perfect throw

DragonSoul
02-06-2012, 02:37 PM

That pass was unbelievable.* One of the best I've ever seen.* Not to start a comparison thread, but Ben R, would never have been able to make that throw.* He's just not as talented a passer as Eli.</P>

</P>I think I am seeing things j/k

It was a great pass. I was just hoping Mario would hold on, and give himself enough room to get both feet in this time.

I thought it was a great pass, but I really didn't appreciate it as much as I did after I saw the replay and how Eli played the safety perfectly.

I had a feeling they would take a shot there, as they did a few other times. Figured if its a big hit, its perfect if not, at least they still have two more downs to get 10 yards. Great call...

bandwgn86
02-06-2012, 02:37 PM
i find it so strange how manningham can let an easy sideline catch slip away like he did early, and then just make a beautiful catch with two feet down between two defenders like that. he made up for some eat miscues with that beauty, I just hope he can be more consistent. our WRs are so talented I love it.thats our Mario Ochodos.. i luv him and his crazy inconsistant ways lol

giantsfan420
02-06-2012, 02:38 PM
almost every analyst i've heard has said that it was a perfect pass and well executed catch.

and the pass was truly remarkable. one inch different in any direction and i dont know if its completed.

dilfer also made the point that the pass had to be thrown that it actually gains velocity, that it picks up speed on the way down.

if you rewatch that pass over and over like i have, u soon notice that it wasnt really a lob type pass. it was an extreme bullet that a qb can only make if he has amazing arm strength.

FlyingTruck
02-06-2012, 02:42 PM
Manningham pulled a Toomer :)

bandwgn86
02-06-2012, 02:46 PM
Manningham pulled a Toomer :)</P>

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww219/bbobberson/1-arnold-schwarzenegger-kindergarten-cop.jpg</P>

'HE'S NOT A TOOMA"</P>

jjj45
02-06-2012, 02:47 PM
almost every analyst i've heard has said that it was a perfect pass and well executed catch.

and the pass was truly remarkable. one inch different in any direction and i dont know if its completed.

dilfer also made the point that the pass had to be thrown that it actually gains velocity, that it picks up speed on the way down.

if you rewatch that pass over and over like i have, u soon notice that it wasnt really a lob type pass. it was an extreme bullet that a qb can only make if he has amazing arm strength.I was watching the game with a Cowboys fan and he made a point, several times, of saying how impressive Eli's bullets were. He was amazed how Eli was drilling the ball to his receivers on the spot.

gumby742
02-06-2012, 02:51 PM

</P>

I think I am seeing things j/k It was a great pass. I was just hoping Mario would hold on, and give himself enough room to get both feet in this time. I thought it was a great pass, but I really didn't appreciate it as much as I did after I saw the replay and how Eli played the safety perfectly. I had a feeling they would take a shot there, as they did a few other times. Figured if its a big hit, its perfect if not, at least they still have two more downs to get 10 yards. Great call...</P>

oh, come off it jackass.=) i need to buy you new glasses. i did my fair share of trolling, but i'm always going to be impartial to the Giants and Eli when doing comparisons.I gave Eli aton of propsthat went largely unnoticed because there were 10 times as many posts explaining whythe stats being usedare meaningless. </P>

DragonSoul
02-06-2012, 02:56 PM

That pass was unbelievable.* One of the best I've ever seen.* Not to start a comparison thread, but Ben R, would never have been able to make that throw.* He's just not as talented a passer as Eli.</P>

</P>

I think I am seeing things j/k It was a great pass. I was just hoping Mario would hold on, and give himself enough room to get both feet in this time. I thought it was a great pass, but I really didn't appreciate it as much as I did after I saw the replay and how Eli played the safety perfectly. I had a feeling they would take a shot there, as they did a few other times. Figured if its a big hit, its perfect if not, at least they still have two more downs to get 10 yards. Great call...</P>

oh, come off it jackass.*=) *i need to buy you new glasses. i did my fair share of trolling, but i'm always going to be impartial to the Giants and Eli when doing comparisons.*I gave Eli a*ton of props*that went largely unnoticed because there were 10 times as many posts explaining why*the stats being used**are meaningless.* </P>Hey I take it when I can get it. Do not be upset. I got Harooni yesterday as well. Another one bites the dust [:p] Hey trolling works for all. Whats good for the troll is good for the trolled lol

gumby742
02-06-2012, 02:58 PM

</P>

oh, come off it jackass.=) i need to buy you new glasses. i did my fair share of trolling, but i'm always going to be impartial to the Giants and Eli when doing comparisons.I gave Eli aton of propsthat went largely unnoticed because there were 10 times as many posts explaining whythe stats being usedare meaningless. </P>

Hey I take it when I can get it. Do not be upset. I got Harooni yesterday as well. Another one bites the dust [:p] Hey trolling works for all. Whats good for the troll is good for the trolled lol</P>

I'll see you in the thread titled "Eli is the best QB in the league." You know it's coming. Haha.</P>

DragonSoul
02-06-2012, 02:59 PM

</P>

oh, come off it jackass.*=) *i need to buy you new glasses. i did my fair share of trolling, but i'm always going to be impartial to the Giants and Eli when doing comparisons.*I gave Eli a*ton of props*that went largely unnoticed because there were 10 times as many posts explaining why*the stats being used**are meaningless.* </P>

Hey I take it when I can get it. Do not be upset. I got Harooni yesterday as well. Another one bites the dust [:p] Hey trolling works for all. Whats good for the troll is good for the trolled lol</P>

I'll see you in the thread titled "Eli is the best QB in the league."* You know it's coming.* Haha.</P>It may come, but i will probably stay out of it, unless it was like 4-6 years ago lol