PDA

View Full Version : Francesa's opening statement

CTLadyBlue
02-06-2012, 01:25 PM
Crap! I missed the opening of his show. Can someone paraphrase what he had to say? Don't know if I can find it recorded somewhere

Thanks

DragonSoul
02-06-2012, 01:26 PM
Crap! I missed the opening of his show. Can someone paraphrase what he had to say? Don't know if I can find it recorded somewhere

Thanksprobably a good thing.

freeoscar
02-06-2012, 01:29 PM
said the giants opened up camp with one word in mind - "finish". And from Cruz's 99yder against the jets through to the final drive last night, that's what they did.

obviously a summation.

GOBIGBLUE52
02-06-2012, 01:30 PM
Basically congrats to the giants, we'll have celebration details, and Eli is now a God, Eli under pressure ridiculous, Welker drop will haunt the Pats. Also mentioned going back to training camp the Giants had the "Finish" motto and by all means they did last night.

Wasn't much of a monologue really Phil Simms joined him rather quick.

Tommy_Ribs
02-06-2012, 01:35 PM
Talked about Finishing as Oscar mentioned and how Eli is no longer 'Little Brother'

Mentioned how the GIANTS are 9-1 in title games in the last 25 years - 5-0 in NFC Championship and 4-1 in SB - which was a remarkable achievement.

The Podcast is here: http://itunes.apple.com/podcast/mike-francesa/id386002669

bigblue4417
02-06-2012, 01:43 PM
Stupid Ravens!!!

bflo23
02-06-2012, 01:46 PM
Basically congrats to the giants, we'll have celebration details, and Eli is now a God, Eli under pressure ridiculous, Welker drop will haunt the Pats. Also mentioned going back to training camp the Giants had the "Finish" motto and by all means they did last night.

Wasn't much of a monologue really Phil Simms joined him rather quick.

One of the few times that I actually agree with Francessa. He actually picked the Giants to win.

krygny
02-06-2012, 01:46 PM
One good point he made is how fragile these championships are now. All the things that went right for the Giants since the game in Dallas and if just one of those things go the other way, the Giants season is over. And how easily the Saints, 49ers, Packers and Ravens could have been there instead.

He's right. We're celebrating our second spectacular Super Bowl win in 5 years. How easily we could be lamenting and agonizing over two brutal losses (like the Pats are today).

SweetZombieJesus
02-06-2012, 01:50 PM
One good point he is how fragile these championships are now. All the things that went right for the Giants since the game in Dallas and if just one of those things go the other way, the Giants season is over. And how easily the Saints, 49ers, Packers and Ravens could have been there instead.

He's right. We're celebrating our second spectacular Super Bowl win in 5 years. How easily we could be lamenting and agonizing over two brutal losses (like the Pats are today).

I thought his point was more that it's very important to get hot, there is so little difference between these teams in the playoffs and it isn't like the old days where you had a small handfull of powerhouses. Every team is flawed nobody is a juggernaut.

Simms is on fatso's show and he just said the 9-7 team is just as good as the 13-3 team.