PDA

View Full Version : the defense collapsed yet again when it counts

bansaw
12-04-2011, 09:26 PM
<font color="#FF0000"><font size="4">I'm shocked</font>

</font><font color="#FF0000"><font color="#000000">s</font></font><font color="#FF0000"><font color="#000000">ick and tired of this ****
I might go back and see how often the defense lets the team go right back for points the drive after we score. I'd bet its near 70% the last 5

worst 4th quarter defense I have ever seen

</font></font>

Rusty192
12-04-2011, 09:28 PM

</font><font color="#FF0000"><font color="#000000">s</font></font><font color="#FF0000"><font color="#000000">ick and tired of this ****
I might go back and see how often the defense lets the team go right back for points the drive after we score. I'd bet its near 70% the last 5

</font></font>should have seen this coming after the eagles loss dude

dave8274
12-04-2011, 09:29 PM
This is true, but I'm sure they would appreciate it if the Offense could give them a lead to work with once in a while.

bansaw
12-04-2011, 09:29 PM

</font></font>should have seen this coming after the eagles loss dude
I saw it coming week 3 of preseason....

tonyt830
12-04-2011, 09:30 PM
<FONT color=#ff0000><FONT size=4>I'm shocked</FONT>

</FONT><FONT color=#ff0000><FONT color=#000000>s</FONT></FONT><FONT color=#ff0000><FONT color=#000000>ick and tired of this ****

</FONT></FONT>bansaw, this game showed that Fewell needs to go and some personnel changes need to be made on the defensive side of the ball.</P>

</P>

Eli and the pass game played well and the O-line played better. Run game looked so so.</P>

Ruttiger711
12-04-2011, 09:42 PM
This is true, but I'm sure they would appreciate it if the Offense could give them a lead to work with once in a while.

Like when it was 17-14?

buddy33
12-04-2011, 09:44 PM
The offense also went 3 and out a few times when the defense did manage to force a punt. The defense did g give up a pick 6 either. They also got robbed on that one no TD by the refs. What about the bogus call on J Williams?

dave8274
12-04-2011, 09:45 PM

Like when it was 17-14?

Please. Even when they win, this team is generally playing from behind late in games.

Sarcasman
12-04-2011, 10:09 PM
The offense also went 3 and out a few times when the defense did manage to force a punt. The defense did g give up a pick 6 either. They also got robbed on that one no TD by the refs. What about the bogus call on J Williams?

it was a team loss, although as usual this year, the defense was a bit more culpable.

However, if both sides of the ball played just a little bit better it was a winnable game.

Ruttiger711
12-04-2011, 10:14 PM

Like when it was 17-14?

Please. Even when they win, this team is generally playing from behind late in games.

Good observation! And who you suppose is giving up the points?

Sarcasman
12-04-2011, 10:15 PM

Like when it was 17-14?

True. That happens often when you have one of the worst ranked defenses.

Idkaname
12-04-2011, 10:16 PM
Take away the pick six...31 points given up is still horrible..35 points by an offense should always be a win it's the D's fault we lost.

yatitle
12-04-2011, 10:19 PM

So the "D" is so bad that we are giving out medals for surrending 31 points! I know standards are at a all time low in this country but cmon.

T-Murda84
12-04-2011, 10:21 PM
Take away the pick six...31 points given up is still horrible..35 points by an offense should always be a win it's the D's fault we lost.

The pick 6 shouldnt have happened. The Packers got one of the worst defenses in the NFL....We should of put 42 points on the board. The Defense managed some 3 and outs....played through bad penalties and played with a depleted secondary and u asking them to keep them under 30..they average over 30 against any defense.

buddy33
12-04-2011, 10:23 PM

Don't forget about that TD replay that the refs missed in favor of Green Bay. That was 3rd down and in FG range. I'll give the FG, but 4 points where on the refs. The way I see it the defense shoild have only been charged with 27 points.

By the way, you just said take away 7 it gives them 31 and the Giants 35 should have been enoughg to win the game.

buddy33
12-04-2011, 10:24 PM

So the "D" is so bad that we are giving out medals for surrending 31 points!* I know standards are at a all time low in this country but cmon.

The one TD Green Bay scored should have been called off. That's in the refs, not the defense.

Sarcasman
12-04-2011, 10:29 PM

The pick 6 shouldnt have happened. The Packers got one of the worst defenses in the NFL....We should of put 42 points on the board. The Defense managed some 3 and outs....played through bad penalties and played with a depleted secondary and u asking them to keep them under 30..they average over 30 against any defense.

Going into this game the Packers gave up an average of 21 points a game.

But please continue with whatever point you were trying to make....

lawl
12-04-2011, 10:32 PM
Our defense had two guys who weren't even on a squad last week playing significant snaps.

Harooni
12-04-2011, 10:34 PM
the game counts all 60min, not just the last Offensive drive like some here think.

T-Murda84
12-04-2011, 10:34 PM

Lol they gave up 21 points but were playing without their 2 star linebackers!!! We should of easily put 42 points on that garbage defense. But continue on ur point u trying to make...because it makes no sense for a 100M QB to throw a pass like that.

Sarcasman
12-04-2011, 10:40 PM

Lol they gave up 21 points but were playing without their 2 star linebackers!!! We should of easily put 42 points on that garbage defense. But continue on ur point u trying to make...because it makes no sense for a 100M QB to throw a pass like that.

Well, I'll concede to you the makes no sense part, you're clearly the expert there.

I was thinking that since they're without the 2 LBs and it was cloudy and a 4pm game, 53 points would have been the right number.

But, OK let's go with your 42 since we're just making up numbers anyway.

Ruttiger711
12-04-2011, 10:42 PM
the game counts all 60min, not just the last Offensive drive like some here think.

Or conversely the first defensive stop.

The game day thread had people claiming the D "did their job" when it was about halfway through the 2nd qtr.

Sarcasman
12-04-2011, 10:48 PM

Or conversely the first defensive stop.

The game day thread had people claiming the D "did their job" when it was about halfway through the 2nd qtr.

Both units could have played a bit better and it might have been a W.

I'm disappointed with the last drive but I have a hard time blaming this all on the D.

It's a loss. End of story.

Drez
12-04-2011, 10:51 PM
</P>

So, does the last defensive drive count?</P>

</P>