PDA

View Full Version : Have Giants now become patriot fans most hated team?

KillaRich
02-06-2012, 01:59 PM
Not only have we beaten them we beat them TWICE in the big game.... First one was the collapse of PERFECTION.....now this one the collapse of a legacy.... which comes with the brady question marks etc...... Not to mention that we are new york like their division rival the jets..... I really never hated the pats...then again we havent been losing to them how they are to us.......

Rudyy
02-06-2012, 02:02 PM
I still think the Jets are their most hated team.

Kruunch
02-06-2012, 02:02 PM
Considering the general NY/Boston rivalry, I'd think it's a fair bet that Pats fan are going to be pretty rabid about beating us in the future.

Imagine if we had a third SB rematch in the next few years?!

G-Man67
02-06-2012, 02:05 PM
I still think the Jets are their most hated team.

i would say they hate us more than anything right now, but come next season and their 1st game with the Jets that rivarly will take over again and since we don't play them for 4 years, well they will soon hate the Jets more again

MaCkTiC
02-06-2012, 02:14 PM
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/429642_2682827676606_1433786908_32188562_147464729 5_n.jpg

nygsb42champs
02-06-2012, 02:15 PM
No. I would say they still hate the Jets more.

M0rbid
02-06-2012, 02:16 PM
No way. More like Pats fan are scared of the Giants.

DEgiants89
02-06-2012, 02:33 PM
speaking from living in Boston. This city is legit dead right now. Everyone honestly removed 07 from their minds. Like they dont even remember it because it was so bad. Now just bought back a horrible nightmare again. They just never want to talk at all about the giants.

Sundown
02-06-2012, 02:42 PM
I think they just hate the state of NY more. Jets are in their division and they keep losing to us, **** they have to despise the state.

TuckYou
02-06-2012, 02:42 PM
They would prefer the Jets to be their rivals, because they can beat them and play them 2x a year. We are their kryptonite. We are their nemisis. We are their daddy.</P>

</P>

scoopscj
02-06-2012, 03:37 PM
Don't we usually play the Pats in the preseason?

Just saying......

Scoops

THE_New_York_Giants
02-06-2012, 03:40 PM
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/429642_2682827676606_1433786908_32188562_147464729 5_n.jpg
absolutely amazing

Tony Bruno
02-06-2012, 03:45 PM
Not sure but Ill tell you Eli should be considered Brady's arch nemesis at tis point forward... The Giants are the PATS archillies heel for sure...

Roosevelt
02-06-2012, 03:49 PM
Not only have we beaten them we beat them TWICE in the big game.... First one was the collapse of PERFECTION.....now this one the collapse of a legacy.... which comes with the brady question marks etc...... Not to mention that we are new york like their division rival the jets..... I really never hated the pats...then again we havent been losing to them how they are to us.......

There is the whole NY vs Boston thing I guess. But I don't hate them either.

SouthernGiant56
02-06-2012, 03:53 PM

speechless...

BigBlue1971
02-06-2012, 04:01 PM
Not only have we beaten them we beat them TWICE in the big game.... First one was the collapse of PERFECTION.....now this one the collapse of a legacy.... which comes with the brady question marks etc...... Not to mention that we are new york like their division rival the jets..... I really never hated the pats...then again we havent been losing to them how they are to us.......</P>

</P>

i think the Giants and their fans are high on the New England "most hated" list. i can certainly understand their greivance.</P>

i am happy they are the ones in that "hate" mode tho!</P>

</P>

<FONT color=#0000ff size=4>Go Giants!</FONT></P>

egyptian420
02-06-2012, 04:04 PM
I think it's been that way since SB42.....18-1 was a heartbreaker. What happened last night surly added more fuel to a fire that was already out of control.

We are certainly their most hated non-divisional rival, I wouldn't even be surprised if they hated us more than the Fins or Bills at this point.

PhilaGiant83
02-06-2012, 05:35 PM
Ha ha ha ha ha I don't give a flying **** if they hate us. Their fans are in for a LONG LONG year. My friends from Boston are quite sad this morning. I already endured their BS from the Bruins winning a Stanley Cup.

keyofgmen
02-06-2012, 05:42 PM
I'm kind of surprised my house hasn't been egged or burnt down yet living in Pats country and the best known Giant fan in town!!
I go back to work Wed..I fully expect my office to be trashed! HAHAHHAA!
None of my good buddies here have responded to texts today and I have been nice.

stormblue
02-06-2012, 05:56 PM
I'm kind of surprised my house hasn't been egged or burnt down yet living in Pats country and the best known Giant fan in town!!
I go back to work Wed..I fully expect my office to be trashed! HAHAHHAA!
None of my good buddies here have responded to texts today and I have been nice.

i hate the Ravens more than anybody.and they only beat us once and it still hurts more than anything.i absolutely despise ray lewis
and company.
after getting eighteen-and-oned by us in SB 42 and then getting re-treaded this year, they gotta hate us.

Giants10Joe
02-06-2012, 06:13 PM
This is from Bill Simmons' latest article. In case you don't know, he's a huge Boston sports fan (all 4 sports).

I hate the Giants and Jets. I hate the Lakers. I hate the Yankees.
That's my Mount Rushmore of sports hatred. (Sorry, Colts, you got
bumped.) I want those four teams to suffer as much as I want my own
teams to prevail. And you know what else? I can't believe I'm saying
this, but I think I hate the Giants the most. There's nothing worse than
a team having your number, and even worse, having their fans flashing
you those ****-eating smirks or sending you those ****-eating
"pretending to be diplomatic but not really" e-mails. If I could pick
one revenge win for a Boston team, it's not even close I want to see
the Patriots beat the Giants in a Super Bowl before I die. Nothing will
ever top the 2004 ALCS for revenge purposes; that was an eight-decade
superiority complex (and 86 years of baggage) getting flipped in less
than 100 hours. But this is close.

For a full explanation of why he hates the Giants more than any other team (plus more wallowing in self-pity), you can read the full article here (http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7547184/searching-silver-linings-indianapolis).

Pksoze
02-06-2012, 07:01 PM
This is from Bill Simmons' latest article. In case you don't know, he's a huge Boston sports fan (all 4 sports).

I hate the Giants and Jets. I hate the Lakers. I hate the Yankees.
That's my Mount Rushmore of sports hatred. (Sorry, Colts, you got
bumped.) I want those four teams to suffer as much as I want my own
teams to prevail. And you know what else? I can't believe I'm saying
this, but I think I hate the Giants the most. There's nothing worse than
a team having your number, and even worse, having their fans flashing
you those ****-eating smirks or sending you those ****-eating
"pretending to be diplomatic but not really" e-mails. If I could pick
one revenge win for a Boston team, it's not even close I want to see
the Patriots beat the Giants in a Super Bowl before I die. Nothing will
ever top the 2004 ALCS for revenge purposes; that was an eight-decade
superiority complex (and 86 years of baggage) getting flipped in less
than 100 hours. But this is close.

For a full explanation of why he hates the Giants more than any other team (plus more wallowing in self-pity), you can read the full article here (http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7547184/searching-silver-linings-indianapolis).

I enjoyed that but the best part

"The right team won. This kills me."

BlueSanta
02-06-2012, 07:37 PM
Well even if we are.....there is 1 thing that was aparent on Sunday, the Pats are America's most hated team, and they have themselves to thank for it.

Spygate changed everything.

Spygate was not just 1 incedent. According to the league, it went on for years all under the directon of Bill B.

NFL executive vice president Jeff Pash, when asked to compare the Broncos more recent scandal commented

"I think with any disciplinary action, you have to focus on what
exactly the facts are," Pash said. "Here you had, as best we can
conclude, a single incident as opposed to, in New England, years of
activity.You had an incident that, as best we could identify, was
carried out by a single employee without direction from the coaching
staff or anyone else at the club.That's obviously different from what
we saw in New England where the head coach was actively supervising the
activity."

I have said it many times: Bill and the Pats got off WAY too easy. Can you imagine if this happened in New York? The Mara's would have fired him on the spot. I also very seriously doubt the Maras would have elected to pay the $500k fine Bill got, opposite of Crafts approach.

Since being caught illegally taping other team's practices, the Pats have been 0 and 2 in Superbowls after winning their 1st 3 during the "cheating years."

Bob Ryan, the Famous Boston Sports writer even admitted it, the Pats are hated. Nobody likes cheaters. And people especially dont like cheaters who never own up to their wrong-doings. How do you think it helps your cause, Mr Craft, re-hiring Josh McDaniels ,the only other coach aside from Bill B to have an illegal taping scandal during his head coaching regime? Do you think it reflects well on your team that the Denver Broncos fired McDaniels largely over this scandal despite his having no direct involvement in it while Bill B was the overseer of a much longer and more prolific scandal and got no punishment at all because you paid his fine for him? Craft is known as a classy guy, but this isnt what class people do. You dont enable cheaters and you dont absorb their punishment for them. You also dont hire guy who have done it in the past and got busted....again.

The Pats used to have an aura of class, I dont think you can say that anymore.

calzonesays
02-06-2012, 07:38 PM
http://boards.giants.com/forums/1/2449973/ShowThread.aspx#2449973

this thread says it all

sc_markt
02-06-2012, 07:59 PM

There's a NE fan at the gym I go to that I have known for probably 5 years or so and he always brings up (about once a month or two) that we won that 2007 SB because we got lightening in the bottle at the right time. He's still sore over that loss. Well, I saw him today and he didn't even say hello to me. He looked at me, didn't say a word, smiled a bit and walked past me. But I could see in his eyes that he wasn't very happy.

I bet he hates the Giants now... And I bet the majority of NE fans feel the same way.

PatsFan22
02-06-2012, 08:13 PM
Actually the Giants are the one New York team that I have never really "hated"

Probably because a good majority of my older family members (the ones that were fans before we had a team in New England) are Giants fans.

No, not at all.

EZ_E
02-06-2012, 09:06 PM

Hahahahahaha

M0rbid
02-06-2012, 09:10 PM
That idiot said "nothing will ever top 2004 ALCS". Someone should remind him that 2004 Red Sox team had players that were on PED.

KillaRich
02-06-2012, 09:49 PM
http://boards.giants.com/forums/1/2449973/ShowThread.aspx#2449973

this thread says it all

that was DEEP

JJC7301
02-07-2012, 12:56 AM
I don't know about "hated", but we're probably their most feared. We probably haunt their nightmares.

BillTheGreek
02-07-2012, 01:06 AM
YES, TO A DEGREE, BEAT YOU THE FIRST TIME YOU CAN SAY IT WAS LUCK , BEAT YOU THE SECOND TIME IT WAS SKILL AND HEART........BEAT YOU THE THIRD TIME IT WILL BE JUST FOR FUN !

bgblucru5656
02-07-2012, 01:11 AM
speaking from living in Boston. This city is legit dead right now. Everyone honestly removed 07 from their minds. Like they dont even remember it because it was so bad. Now just bought back a horrible nightmare again. They just never want to talk at all about the giants.

time for them to see a psychotherapist. this could be a recurring nightmare for years to come. [6]

Toadofsteel
02-07-2012, 01:21 AM
At least the pats fans gain one thing from this: extra fuel to heckle peyton fans.

JMFP2
02-07-2012, 01:39 AM
If you want to vote for the main reason the Patriots lost, click this link.</P>

</P>

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/superbowl2012/blame_game?pg=16</P>

GMen869007
02-07-2012, 01:42 AM

I don't live in Boston but know enough Pats fans from MA that have been displaced to PA, and I hadn't heard a mention of '07 until the moment that the Giants beat the 49er's, and it all came back and to a surface. They were foaming at the mouth at the chance for "revenge", all of a sudden the memories returned, evoking hateful remarks. This was their opportunity to right that ship and get over '07. We toyed with them yet again, let them taste victory, and then snatched it away and now they are dead. Although there is one friend on Facebook bragging out Boston Sports teams have 7 championships in the past decade to the Ny's 3. I countered by telling her that I only like the Giants and Yankees and don't follow the other sports, and they've won 9 in my 29 years.