PDA

View Full Version : We need O-Line drafts, FA..

Razur
02-06-2012, 03:08 PM
Eli is one tough S.O.B., but he had way too many hits on him throught out this post season run...if we had an o-Line as good as the pats..think of what he could do to any team in the league..We get him some better protection, and some decent run blockers..we're set to make another run..an up right Eli is a GREATER weapon any day!

ibbill
02-06-2012, 03:19 PM
O line sounds about right. Ballard injury may force us to pick up a TE or draft one also.

53canton
02-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Where are we putting more OL?

We still have Brewer, Beatty, Petrus behind the starters.

SalsaCruz80
02-06-2012, 03:21 PM
i wonder how much carl nicks would be looking for

heard already he doesn't think he will return to the saints

nygsb42champs
02-06-2012, 03:25 PM
I would agree that o-line would look like the way to go early in the draft. They might need a TE with Beckum tearing his ACL and Ballards possilbe knee injury.

53canton
02-06-2012, 03:32 PM
Hey guys.................how about a CB with the first pick?

You know Reese is thinking pass rusher though. Maybe in the secound round.

I dont think we should go OL early at all.

redzone88
02-06-2012, 03:33 PM

We need a beast RT because Kareem probably won't be around much longer and has been struggling. I guess Brewer could replace him but i don't know much about the guy.

53canton
02-06-2012, 03:35 PM
Wasnt Brewer a second rounder? Should be good, no?

MAybe move Beatty to RT?

TheReal_LT
02-06-2012, 03:56 PM
O-Line

Razur
02-06-2012, 04:24 PM
Who is up as FA Tight ends this year?? Anybody have a menu?

egyptian420
02-06-2012, 04:27 PM
BPA

I hope the BPA in the first round is an OL or LB or TE....respectively in that order

SalsaCruz80
02-06-2012, 04:28 PM
Who is up as FA Tight ends this year?? Anybody have a menu?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1048586-2012-nfl-free-agents-top-5-tight-ends-available-this-offseason

finley, davis, carlson, shiancoe, shockey

Kase-1
02-06-2012, 04:28 PM
We have our starting LT Beatty coming back next season, but I would def like us to look at a BEAST of an RT.

TE, CB, and RB might be places we're gonna have to look as well

Kase-1
02-06-2012, 04:29 PM
Top Free Agent TEs</p>

Jermichael Finley (GB) - Finley is an elite talent at the
position and a big part of the tight end revolution sweeping the league
by storm. With his body control, hands, and ability to win jump balls,
he's proven unstoppable at times and drawn ample attention from
defenses. After a 2011 season that featured numerous dropped passes, he
failed to live up to his talent. The Packers will probably still
attempt to keep him, whether it's through the tag or a long-term
extension. If he hits free agency, he will surely attract a lot of
attention even after a subpar season.
</p>

Fred Davis (WAS) - Fred Davis has surpassed Chris Cooley in the
pecking order in Washington and is a talented receiving tight end that
can get separation and eat up zone coverage. Depending on his own
desires, he may receive a decent extension, or have the opportunity to
play on a one-year deal to help him break bank next year.
</p>

John Carlson (SEA) - Carlson is currently rehabbing a torn
labrum that has sidelined him for this entire season and his production
dropped in 2010. That makes Carlson a potential sleeper pick-up in this
free agent class. Though he's not a dangerous tight end in the mold of
a Gates, Graham, or Gronkowski, he could become a sturdy combo-tight
end in the more traditional sense.
</p>

<u>The Rest:</u>

Reggie Kelly (ATL)

Kris Wilson (BAL)

Scott Chandler (BUF)

Jeremy Shockey (CAR)

Kellen Davis (CHI)

Bo Scaife (CIN)

Donald Lee (CIN)

Alex Smith (CLE)

Martellus Bennett (DAL)

Daniel Fells (DEN)

Dante Rosario (DEN)

Joel Dreessen (HOU)

Jacob Tamme (IND)

Anthony Becht (KC)

Leonard Pope (KC)

John Gilmore (NO)

Tory Humphrey (NO)

Visanthe Shiancoe (MIN)

Randy McMichael (SD)

Justin Peelle (SF)

Billy Bajema (STL)

Stephen Spach (STL)

Michael Palmer (ATL) - Exclusive Rights

Richie Brockel (CAR) - Exclusive Rights

Zach Potter (JAC) - Exclusive Rights

Jeron Mastrud (MIA) - Exclusive Rights

Jake Ballard (NYG) - Exclusive Rights

Bear Pascoe (NYG) - Restricted

Matthew Mulligan (NYJ) - Restricted

David Johnson (PIT) - Restricted

Kory Sperry (SD) - Restricted</p>

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2012/fa/wr.html
</p>

SalsaCruz80
02-06-2012, 04:31 PM
i like carlson, bennett and dreessen

aBladeOfBlue
02-06-2012, 04:41 PM

I don't want to watch a slugfest against Eli like the niners did ever again!

BJDaBeast
02-06-2012, 04:42 PM
Jerry Reese offseason plan will be Carl Nicks and Jermicheal Finley. Jacobs, Diehl, Manningham, Mckenzie, Osi, Canty and Ross all will be gone. Terrell Thomas won't be resigned. Prince and J. Tryon will join Webster as the top 3 corners for the Giants.

Other guys on the roster will be asked to step up along with draft picks and other FA's.

Redeyejedi
02-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Jerry Reese offseason plan will be Carl Nicks and Jermicheal Finley. Jacobs, Diehl, Manningham, Mckenzie, Osi, Canty and Ross all will be gone. Terrell Thomas won't be resigned. Prince and J. Tryon will join Webster as the top 3 corners for the Giants.

Other guys on the roster will be asked to step up along with draft picks and other FA's.Giants will have serious issues at cornerback if they let Thomas and Ross both walk

giantman8493
02-06-2012, 04:46 PM

heard already he doesn't think he will return to the saintsWOW if we get him. it might actually be cheaper than keeping deihl

SalsaCruz80
02-06-2012, 04:47 PM

Other guys on the roster will be asked to step up along with draft picks and other FA's.

finley will be back with the pack.

Kase-1
02-06-2012, 04:48 PM

Other guys on the roster will be asked to step up along with draft picks and other FA's.We cant let T2 AND Ross walk before Prince becomes a certified starter.

There's no way in hell we cut Canty, he had a MONSTER year for us and a excellent run in the playoffs. If anything maybe a big bonus for re-structuring his contract in the off season

sligoker
02-06-2012, 05:30 PM
I think Ballard is a good second tight end. I think we need a guy that Eli can go to consistently when they cover the other receivers.

BJDaBeast
02-06-2012, 07:04 PM

Other guys on the roster will be asked to step up along with draft picks and other FA's.We cant let T2 AND Ross walk before Prince becomes a certified starter.

There's no way in hell we cut Canty, he had a MONSTER year for us and a excellent run in the playoffs. If anything maybe a big bonus for re-structuring his contract in the off season

T2 is not coming back with Giants unless he takes the league minimum and become the teams nickel or dime back. He has two acl tears and the Giants wont pay a penny more. See Steve Smith..

Canty makes a ton and with Marvin Austin coming back, Canty will be a financial cut to shore up money for guys like Carl Nicks, Finley and other FA's.

Jerry Reese will be more active this yr than last yr. Trust me when i tell you that Canty, Diehl, Mckenzie, Osi (traded to N.O for the 1st round pick), Jacobs and Rolle will all be in another uniform next season.

C1010
02-06-2012, 08:00 PM

heard already he doesn't think he will return to the saints

We won't be able to afford him. He will want top 5 O lineman money. I think we honestly take the best player available, TE is definite area of need though. Ballard's injuries is a concern and Beckum has only had a couple moments and will be coming off an ACL tear.

JimC
02-06-2012, 08:15 PM
Who's available at <font size="5">NUMBER 32</font> ???? Yeah baby!!!!

JimC
02-06-2012, 08:15 PM

C1010
02-06-2012, 08:19 PM

T2 is not coming back with Giants unless he takes the league minimum and become the teams nickel or dime back. He has two acl tears and the Giants wont pay a penny more. See Steve Smith..

Canty makes a ton and with Marvin Austin coming back, Canty will be a financial cut to shore up money for guys like Carl Nicks, Finley and other FA's.

Jerry Reese will be more active this yr than last yr. Trust me when i tell you that Canty, Diehl, Mckenzie, Osi (traded to N.O for the 1st round pick), Jacobs and Rolle will all be in another uniform next season.

lol Wow, that is quite ambitious. Your acting like Austin will be elite as soon he steps onto the field, he's been out of football for 2 years now and hasn't had a proper nfl offseason. Canty has had career highs. The most realistic thing I see is if he restructures his contract. Rolle has been playing out of position the whole season mainly due to injuries to the corners, he will stay (I bet he restructures also if given the chance). Nobody offered a 1st rounder for Osi, NO doesnt have a 1st rounder this year. Can it happen? Sure it can but I doubt it. Nicks and Finley are going to want a boat load of money.

C1010
02-06-2012, 08:20 PM

I think we go bet player available, I saw some mocks have u taking a TE. Im thrilled to have the last pick :)

slipknottin
02-06-2012, 08:22 PM

they offered steve smith much more than the league minimum...

See kiwi, 2 year deal totals 8.6 mil.

juice33s
02-06-2012, 08:24 PM

Other guys on the roster will be asked to step up along with draft picks and other FA's.Giants will have serious issues at cornerback if they let Thomas and Ross both walk
TT will be back and will most likely see alot of time in Dgrants spot as the 3rd safety (like he was supposed to this year before the injury)

Breezely
02-06-2012, 08:34 PM
I particularly like Ballard. His injury seem severe but I am hoping for the best. We also have Bear Pascoe, in which I believe did a decent job this year. I know Boss is probably out of the question.
I say draft a stud TE.
However, I like the way the Giants draft. I believe they will go best available and draft a GIANTS guy. They seem to get real good quality players in the latter round and they seem to always draft a defensive or offensive line stud.

Razur
02-06-2012, 09:21 PM
Top Free Agent TEs</p>

Jermichael Finley (GB) - Finley is an elite talent at the
position and a big part of the tight end revolution sweeping the league
by storm. With his body control, hands, and ability to win jump balls,
he's proven unstoppable at times and drawn ample attention from
defenses. After a 2011 season that featured numerous dropped passes, he
failed to live up to his talent. The Packers will probably still
attempt to keep him, whether it's through the tag or a long-term
extension. If he hits free agency, he will surely attract a lot of
attention even after a subpar season.
</p>

Fred Davis (WAS) - Fred Davis has surpassed Chris Cooley in the
pecking order in Washington and is a talented receiving tight end that
can get separation and eat up zone coverage. Depending on his own
desires, he may receive a decent extension, or have the opportunity to
play on a one-year deal to help him break bank next year.
</p>

John Carlson (SEA) - Carlson is currently rehabbing a torn
labrum that has sidelined him for this entire season and his production
dropped in 2010. That makes Carlson a potential sleeper pick-up in this
free agent class. Though he's not a dangerous tight end in the mold of
a Gates, Graham, or Gronkowski, he could become a sturdy combo-tight
end in the more traditional sense.
</p>

<u>The Rest:</u>

Reggie Kelly (ATL)

Kris Wilson (BAL)

Scott Chandler (BUF)

Jeremy Shockey (CAR)

Kellen Davis (CHI)

Bo Scaife (CIN)

Donald Lee (CIN)

Alex Smith (CLE)

Martellus Bennett (DAL)

Daniel Fells (DEN)

Dante Rosario (DEN)

Joel Dreessen (HOU)

Jacob Tamme (IND)

Anthony Becht (KC)

Leonard Pope (KC)

John Gilmore (NO)

Tory Humphrey (NO)

Visanthe Shiancoe (MIN)

Randy McMichael (SD)

Justin Peelle (SF)

Billy Bajema (STL)

Stephen Spach (STL)

Michael Palmer (ATL) - Exclusive Rights

Richie Brockel (CAR) - Exclusive Rights

Zach Potter (JAC) - Exclusive Rights

Jeron Mastrud (MIA) - Exclusive Rights

Jake Ballard (NYG) - Exclusive Rights

Bear Pascoe (NYG) - Restricted

Matthew Mulligan (NYJ) - Restricted

David Johnson (PIT) - Restricted

Kory Sperry (SD) - Restricted</p>

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2012/fa/wr.html
</p>
Superb information..nice work and thanks!

XxBigWhitxX
02-06-2012, 09:24 PM
Cordy Glenn or Peter Konz.

Mr. Zolo
02-06-2012, 11:37 PM
Cordy Glenn or Peter Konz.

I like Glenn. Maybe Mike Adams for RT or Kevin Zeitler at LG.

I think the Giants should let Ross, McKenzie, and Goff walk. Remember now, the Giants can't sign a FA without letting one go because of the Final 4 rules. To free up more cap space, the Giants should cut Diehl. Hopefully that would free up enough money to sign Carl Nick (LG, Saints). That guy is a must have. IF he hits FA, the Giants should be the first ones to bring him in, show him around, explain to him how the Giants are contenders cause they got 2 rings in 4 years and they got a well runned organization (as opposed to say the Cowboys). Make sure he doesn't leave NY without signing a contract.