PDA

View Full Version : Let's really end this: Eli or Jesus

harker911
10-24-2007, 12:44 PM
I mean, come on. Enough already, lol. Some of you are just asking for it.

Crush'em Giants
10-24-2007, 12:48 PM
eli

Brown_Hornet
10-24-2007, 12:50 PM
Eli has had a much better start but Jesus really finished strong.</P>

Eli has yet to take us to the promised land and Jesus, well, you know...</P>

That, and Eli has a better WR corps.</P>

I'm gonna go with Jesus on this one, let's face it, he's a 1st ballot HoFer.</P>

harker911
10-24-2007, 12:51 PM
HAHAHAHA

Zodiac_Blue
10-24-2007, 12:52 PM
Just to be fair, Jesus' dad couldn't make the Saints a winner either.

harker911
10-24-2007, 12:57 PM
OUCH

Dorkasaurus
10-24-2007, 12:58 PM
Just to be fair, Jesus' dad couldn't make the Saints a winner either.</P>

LOL </P>

</P>

Pakman
10-24-2007, 12:59 PM
eli</P>

</P>

lmao</P>

Eli'sturn
10-24-2007, 01:21 PM
Jesus is the first son though and Eli is only the third so this is a little unfair. With that saidI take Jesus by a field goal. If the spread was 5 though I would bet the house on Eli.</P>

Markroman
10-24-2007, 01:24 PM
Jesus career was over by 33.

UmenYiourAnIdiot
10-24-2007, 01:26 PM
Yea i think Jesus only cuz id follow him into hell

yo-ho
10-24-2007, 01:27 PM
When Jesus throws a "Hail Mary" you've got to believe it's a done deal

Bluedude2
10-24-2007, 01:30 PM
Its really hard to compare players from different eras. The fans certainly got rough on Jesus.

n420p69
10-24-2007, 01:31 PM
I dunno I gotta go with Eli on this one.

gumby74
10-24-2007, 01:31 PM
Oh man. Hahahahaha. </P>

I choose Eli. Who wants a scrub for a quarterback?</P>

n420p69
10-24-2007, 01:32 PM
Actually nevermind that last one. Eli in a landslide!

yo-ho
10-24-2007, 01:33 PM
AND, what does Jesus have for a name on the back of his jersey</P>

1) Son of God</P>

2) Allmighty</P>

3) Christ</P>

4) Savior</P>

And is any number appropriate, or would and infinity sign be more fitting</P>

rick5292
10-24-2007, 01:34 PM
Oh man. Hahahahaha. </p>

I choose Eli. Who wants a scrub for a quarterback?</p>

Be careful with your words brotha. Mods, if you are seeing this thread, please end it.

Eli'sturn
10-24-2007, 01:35 PM
And is any number appropriate, or would and infinity sign be more fitting</P>

</P>

Would that be like an 8 but turned sideways?</P>

I would think he would have #1, but I'm not really sure.</P>

Bluedude2
10-24-2007, 01:35 PM
AND, what does Jesus have for a name on the back of his jersey</P>

1) Son of God</P>

2) Allmighty</P>

3) Christ</P>

4) Savior</P>

And is any number appropriate, or would and infinity sign be more fitting</P> A zero that looks like a halo

barran21
10-24-2007, 01:36 PM
Jesus because Hail Marys for him will be Easy.

THE GIANT
10-24-2007, 01:38 PM
A really sad posttrying to compare Incarnate God and Savior, Jesus Christ with Eli ,or any quarterback, or sports figure.

slipknottin
10-24-2007, 01:39 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-M6dvAsZFFE

yo-ho
10-24-2007, 01:40 PM
A really sad posttrying to compare Incarnate God and Savior, Jesus Christ with Eli ,or any quarterback, or sports figure.</P>

Lighten up a little, even Jesus had a sense of humor!!</P>

bansaw
10-24-2007, 01:45 PM
<DIV class=ForumPostContentText id=_ctl0__ctl1_bcr__ctl0___PostRepeater__ctl5_Post ViewWrapper>I thought this could become a very sensitivethread that many could find truly offensive. That being said these posts are brilliant.</DIV>
<DIV class=ForumPostContentText>Just to be fair, Jesus' dad couldn't make the Saints a winner either. - Zodiac Blue</DIV>
<DIV class=ForumPostContentText>When Jesus throws a "Hail Mary" you've got to believe it's a done deal - yo-ho</DIV>
<DIV class=ForumPostContentText>
<DIV class=ForumPostContentText>Its really hard to compare players from different eras. The fans certainly got rough on Jesus. - Bluedude2</DIV>
<DIV class=ForumPostContentText></DIV>
<DIV class=ForumPostContentText></DIV></DIV>

DragonSoul
10-24-2007, 02:15 PM
Eli

VirginiaGMen
10-24-2007, 02:23 PM
A really sad posttrying to compare Incarnate God and Savior, Jesus Christ with Eli ,or any quarterback, or sports figure.</P>

Naw some of these are funny, i'm just waiting on that one guy to overstep the line and have a picture of Eli being nailed to a cross though...someone out there is working on a photoshop image for it I know it....</P>

Eli'sturn
10-24-2007, 02:30 PM

Would it have been just as sad if we said Buddha or Muhammad? Or would you have chimed in with that post.</P>

If Ditka can't beat god, then Eli can't beat Jesus.</P>

gumby74
10-24-2007, 02:36 PM

I guess you were absent from school the day they handed out the sense of humor cookies.</P>

giantotherness
10-24-2007, 02:36 PM
Jesus died for eli.....would eli die for us? Nope....he'd call an audible and change the play...

Eli'sturn
10-24-2007, 02:39 PM
Jesus died for eli.....would eli die for us? Nope....he'd call an audible and change the play...
</P>

LMAO, nice one. </P>

When you are the son of god you die for you people, when you are the son of Archie you throw TD passes for you people.</P>

willydakid
10-24-2007, 02:48 PM
We've never dealt with Eli's recuperation from a major injury, so that is uncertain. All I know is that Jesus was dead, and three days later, he was in game condition! Not just that, but all who opposed Him went to hell.

gumby74
10-24-2007, 02:50 PM
If only Eli has the fan support that Jesus has now....

Dorkasaurus
10-24-2007, 03:03 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-M6dvAsZFFE</P>

Okay that was funny...</P>

yo-ho
10-24-2007, 03:26 PM
According to the bible Jesus has only one more comeback in him.</P>

</P>

yo-ho
10-24-2007, 03:28 PM
If what they say about players being more athletic now than they were back in the sixties is true, what does that say for Jesus?</P>

Bluefan10
10-24-2007, 03:34 PM
Christ in the shotgun ten seconds left, theres no way the giants can make up their one point deficit.
he hikes it

PLAY ACTION

Looking around the field, pressure

ducks under the sack
he dodges another one, HE CANT BE TOUCHED

he sees Peter running down the sideline.. clock hits zero

its the HAIL MARY ALL THE WAY DOWN THE FIELD, ITS A 100 YARD TOUCHDOWN PASS TO PETER, GIANTS WIN GIANTS WIN

something to that extent.

new meaning to the immaculate reception

PapaBlue
10-24-2007, 03:55 PM
When Jesus throws a "Hail Mary" you've got to believe it's a done deal</P>

</P>

Good one!!!</P>

rf2582
10-24-2007, 04:19 PM
In all fairness folks, Jesus had 12 apostles with him on the field as opposed to Eli's 10</P>

But my vote still goes to Jesus</P>

chesh83
10-24-2007, 04:31 PM
I'd take Eli. God doesnt exist and Jesus was just another dude. In this case the stats really do lie...

NoHuddle10
10-24-2007, 04:32 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=eA5isKEz40w

sideline sneek
10-24-2007, 04:39 PM
I'd take Eli. God doesnt exist and Jesus was just another dude. In this case the stats really do lie...</P>

God exists. He's Morgan Freeman, incognito!</P>

THE GIANT
10-24-2007, 04:49 PM
</P><FONT face=Tahoma>
<P align=left>Just trying to educate that some things are off limits and thaty includes mocking anyone who is worshipped - At Galatians 6:7 it states: </FONT><FONT face="Trebuchet MS" color=#000080>Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. New Internartional Version (NIV) So I can lighten up but some should wise up</P></FONT><FONT face=Tahoma>
<P align=left></P></FONT>

Brown_Hornet
10-24-2007, 04:52 PM
I'd take Eli. God doesnt exist and Jesus was just another dude. In this case the stats really do lie...You know what's beautiful?</P>

He loves you anyway.</P>

Crush'em Giants
10-24-2007, 04:53 PM
</P><FONT face=Tahoma>
<P align=left>Just trying to educate that some things are off limits and thaty includes mocking anyone who is worshipped - At Galatians 6:7 it states: </FONT><FONT face="Trebuchet MS" color=#000080>Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. New Internartional Version (NIV) So I can lighten up but some should wise up</P></FONT><FONT face=Tahoma>
<P align=left></P>

</FONT></P>

settle down</P>

you know whats happening here, just go to another thread</P>

Brown_Hornet
10-24-2007, 04:56 PM
</P><FONT face=Tahoma>
<P align=left></P>

</FONT>Just so you know, the guys that were suggesting that Eli is better that Phil are the one's being mocked.</P>

But you knew that...right?</P>

blakjak
10-24-2007, 04:56 PM
Depends. How's JC's spiral?

Crush'em Giants
10-24-2007, 04:59 PM
</P>

lol</P>

Zodiac_Blue
10-24-2007, 05:03 PM
</P><FONT face=Tahoma>
<P align=left></P>

</FONT></P>

</P>

So we're not allowed to mock Tony Romo anymore? Bummer.[:(]</P>

sideline sneek
10-24-2007, 05:08 PM
Just think what the stats might have been. Damn you Pontius Pilate!

TeaMan
10-24-2007, 05:43 PM
In all fairness folks, Jesus had 12 apostles with him on the field as opposed to Eli's 10</P>

</P>

Yeah but that guy Judas was a really disruptive locker room influence.</P>

</P>

for the record. I'm a Christian, I work full time as a youth minister and while there may be one or two posts that push the boundries a little over all this thread is hilarious. I believe God has a sense of humour. he created us to laugh, and I think he can take a joke. sure, keep it clean, keep it respectful, but don't be afraid to share a laugh with God.</P>

</P>

Eli'sturn
10-24-2007, 05:51 PM

</P>

Yeah but that guy Judas was a really disruptive locker room influence.</P>

</P>

for the record. I'm a Christian, I work full time as a youth minister and while there may be one or two posts that push the boundries a little over all this thread is hilarious. I believe God has a sense of humour. he created us to laugh, and I think he can take a joke. sure, keep it clean, keep it respectful, but don't be afraid to share a laugh with God.</P>

</P>

</P>

Great post.</P>

Judas was pretty much on the side line giving the other team signals of the plays that are coming. Kind of like how the Pats steal signals.</P>

87Spider91
10-24-2007, 06:02 PM
I'll take this Guy anytime.</P>

http://jwoodard.best.vwh.net/images/jesus-football.jpg</P>

Homer Spider Jerome
10-24-2007, 06:47 PM
Pretty soon they'll be mocking our National Athem...This act is allowable to some but where is our moral fabric to partake in this mockery...While we're at it we might well change our currency and take the words... 'In God We Trust' off.....no playing matter for me...</P>

Eli'sturn
10-24-2007, 07:20 PM
<FONT color=#ff0000>Pretty soon they'll be mocking our National Athem...This act is allowable to some but where is our moral fabric to partake in this mockery...While we're at it we might well change our currency and take the words... 'In God We Trust' off.....no playing matter for me...</FONT></P>

</P>

I fixed your post for you.</P>

Crush'em Giants
10-24-2007, 07:25 PM
<FONT color=#ff0000>Pretty soon they'll be mocking our National Athem...This act is allowable to some but where is our moral fabric to partake in this mockery...While we're at it we might well change our currency and take the words... 'In God We Trust' off.....no playing matter for me...</FONT></P>

</P>

</P>

lol</P>

Homer Spider Jerome
10-24-2007, 07:26 PM
Thanks Ms. Drama Queen...

gumby74
10-24-2007, 07:31 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

... winner.</P>

Giant in Dallas
10-24-2007, 07:37 PM
<FONT size=1>Personally I gotta go with Eli on this one.</FONT></P>

<FONT size=1>I wouldn't wanna risk having all the player's Gatorade on the sidelines being turned to Wine </FONT></P>

Homer Spider Jerome
10-24-2007, 07:37 PM
Not the winner...New York Ginat Message Board Is The Winner...It just condoned 'Bashing'...If you can bash religion then its also ok to bash culture, race and sex as well...</P>

Go Giants....</P>

Homer Spider Jerome
10-24-2007, 07:58 PM
lol...Mr. Crush em Giant...You sure are crushin them laughing at religion man. I can name you atleast 20 Giants who were brought up loving and believing in Jesus Christ....Just imagine how affected one player not many but one player would get if they knew their 'Beloved fans were about bashing their religion on The New York Giant.com Message board....Come on man..how you guys living.

Moderator_J
10-24-2007, 08:24 PM
I don't care if you believe in a higher power or any kind of religion at all. You probably want your opinion about such things to be respected and not ridiculed, right? Yet so many of you would stoop this low and joke openly about something that millions upon millions of people in this world take very much to heart and live by it. </P>

Lots of you will not be coming back to this forum after this little display, and I don't give a damn how long you've been here or how 'harmless' you think it all has been. It was extremely disrespectful and totally innapropriate, not to mention embarassing as a Giant fan that my fellow fans could go to such levels just because they're bored.</P>

I'm not a religious person but this was pathetic. Take a bow</P>

Don't bother asking for your account to be reinstated because it will not happen</P>