PDA

View Full Version : All you Coughlin haters are stuck with him now!

53canton
02-06-2012, 03:15 PM
I love it, another contract extention!

Where are the Cowher lovers?

nygsb42champs
02-06-2012, 03:16 PM
He deserves to be here as long as he wants.

Morehead State
02-06-2012, 03:17 PM
I love it, another contract extention! Where are the Cowher lovers?</P>

With every great victory comes the dopes who want to suck the joy out of it.</P>

53canton
02-06-2012, 03:22 PM

With every great victory comes the dopes who want to suck the joy out of it.</P>

WTF are you talking about? This is a great day! TC stays until he wants to leave.

Dover Giant
02-06-2012, 03:24 PM
Never Panic TC

bigjeep
02-06-2012, 03:26 PM

Yup, very sad! [:D]</P>

Morehead State
02-06-2012, 03:30 PM

WTF are you talking about? This is a great day! TC stays until he wants to leave.</P>

Trying to stick this victory in the faces of loyal Giants fans who have been critical of our HC.</P>

Stop it.</P>

Gianthunter
02-06-2012, 03:50 PM

WTF are you talking about? This is a great day! TC stays until he wants to leave.</P>

Trying to stick this victory in the faces of loyal Giants fans who have been critical of our HC.</P>

Stop it.</P>Or justthe crazed trolls on the fringe. Besides isn'tPC commentary Providences domain. LOL

53canton
02-06-2012, 03:54 PM

Stop it.</P>

Seriously, are you drunk?

Morehead State
02-06-2012, 03:58 PM

Stop it.</P>

Seriously, are you drunk?</P>

If your aiming it at Pats fans, Eagles fans, Cowboys fans, etc.... I have no problem. But you seem to be aiming your mockery at fellow Giants fans after a glorious victory.</P>

In my opinion that sucks. I admit its just my opinion. But its strongly held.</P>

Red Dog
02-06-2012, 04:06 PM
"Hate" and "haters" and "bum" or "bums", "garbage" and/or "scum" are words frequently used on this board to reply to posters who don't agree with coaching styles, game plans, and certain players. It's OK not to like, or disagree, but to hate a person?
I also remember the vitriol against Tuck when he was injured and off his game mentally and physically being called a bum, and to cut him, or trade him , but he did have two (2) KEY SACKS in The SB. BTW there were games this season that I thought Coughlin and company were all goners, but didn't and don't hate them

CDN_G-FAN
02-06-2012, 04:07 PM
hey i ripped Reese for letting Smith and Boss go, and thought pinning our WR needs on Cruz was ******ed.</P>

who wants to be right when they think things like this?</P>

Same thing goes for Coughlin, Gilbride, and Fewell.</P>

When people think they suck, do they actually want to be right?</P>

Isn't it fantastic to find out you don't know what you're talking about when you think a portion of our team stinks?</P>

Speaking from experience, it's awesome when i think we're in trouble that i don't know as much about football as i think i do.</P>

</P>

TheKraken
02-06-2012, 04:07 PM

Stop it.</P>

If your aiming it at Pats fans, Eagles fans, Cowboys fans, etc.... I have no problem.* But you seem to be aiming your mockery at fellow Giants fans after a glorious victory.</P>

In my opinion that sucks.** I admit its just my opinion.* But its strongly held.</P>

John Mara himself rubbed it in the face off all the TC haters when he was interviewed right after winning against the 49ers. He told them how he had gotten a bunch of letters on his desk calling for TC to be fired. He was essentially like, "How do you like him now? Bet you feel kinda stupid." (obviously those are my words but you get the idea)

CDN_G-FAN
02-06-2012, 04:11 PM

Stop it.</P>

If your aiming it at Pats fans, Eagles fans, Cowboys fans, etc.... I have no problem. But you seem to be aiming your mockery at fellow Giants fans after a glorious victory.</P>

In my opinion that sucks. I admit its just my opinion. But its strongly held.</P>

John Mara himself rubbed it in the face off all the TC haters when he was interviewed right after winning against the 49ers. He told them how he had gotten a bunch of letters on his desk calling for TC to be fired. He was essentially like, "How do you like him now? Bet you feel kinda stupid." (obviously those are my words but you get the idea)</P>

+1</P>

the owner's already done the same thing to the fan base.</P>

there's no shame in being wrong in your opinion of our coaching staff.</P>

the only shame is to still hold that opinion despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary.</P>

Roosevelt
02-06-2012, 04:13 PM
hey i ripped Reese for letting Smith and Boss go, and thought pinning our WR needs on Cruz was ******ed.</p>

who wants to be right when they think things like this?</p>

Same thing goes for Coughlin, Gilbride, and Fewell.</p>

When people think they suck, do they actually want to be right?</p>

Isn't it fantastic to find out you don't know what you're talking about when you think a portion of our team stinks?</p>

Speaking from experience, it's awesome when i think we're in trouble that i don't know as much about football as i think i do.</p>

</p>

Well, we certainly looked like we were in trouble.

I thought, as did most, that we had the worst off-season ever.

The talk early on was the JR set TC up to fail this year!

I just can't believe we are Super Bowl Champs!

simms56
02-06-2012, 04:13 PM
I think every single one of us is thankful to ownership for sticking with TC, for the coaching staff turning things around, for Reese sticking with a plan that didn't make much sense at the time, and for Eli's continual growth. Fans just want to win, and TC deserved some criticism/questioning at certain points as it looked like this team was one of the worst teams in the NFL for a third of the season. The turnaround is amazing and I doubt you will see anyone be as critical of TC from here on out. He will stay until he is done and I trust that the Maras and TC himself will know when that time is here. For today lets just enjoy what has been a stupendous ride!

brad
02-06-2012, 04:14 PM

Stop it.</P>

If your aiming it at Pats fans, Eagles fans, Cowboys fans, etc.... I have no problem.* But you seem to be aiming your mockery at fellow Giants fans after a glorious victory.</P>

In my opinion that sucks.** I admit its just my opinion.* But its strongly held.</P>

I absolutely agree... let's at least spend some time basking in the glow of a great victory before going at each others throats arguing over coaching, players etc. The desire to say "I told you so" in some childish attempt to prove one's knowledge of the game is better than another should be tempered by class... something we expect from fans of another team but in cases such as this can't even extend to our own...

davmac2BB
02-06-2012, 04:16 PM

I'm still going to get mad at these late season slumps, but I can't deny that Tom Coughlin has the ability to get this team to play 80% of the time when it matters. And he is now untouchable as far as coaching goes. As far as I'm concerned it's going to take a couple of 4-12 seasons to make me say 'Fire Coughlin' (which probably won't happen as Tommy usually keeps the team around .500 for a losing season).

Also the same 'untouchable' status extends to Jerry Reese, Kevin Gilbride and Perry Fewell.

dave56dj
02-06-2012, 04:18 PM
Actually the OP is right - So many fans have no ability to see the forest through the trees. Every game its this guy suck (on this board i have seen tuck - hakeem - eli - jacobs - ab and many more mentioned) Or someone wants to kill a coach - usually gilbride - but often fewell and coughlin too.

Its time to let the pro's do their jobs - understand that they have a far better grasp of the game then we do - and judge players and coaches by their careers not a game or two. SO if your unsure heres a look.

Coughlin - great coach 2 sb titles and an afc championship game - stop complaining.

Gilbride - Has the giants offense in the top ten every year - go read jon claytons 10 things this morning and you will see how much we NEED him. But you can call a shotgun draw so complain it up (by the way its pretty much the only way to run out of shotgun so well done holmes.

Tuck - Played hurt all year but is a damn good DE. one of the best in the game.

Osi - A damn good pass rusher - not great against the run but getting to qb's aint easy - lucky to have him.

There are more - but game one next year fans on here will doubt. And i wont blindly follow but i have faith IN TC AND REESE and eli and tuck and jpp and many more.

It would be nice if our fans were as resilient as our players and coaches so we wouldn't have to hear about another guy sucking every two seconds. And there are so many Coughlin haters giant fans should show some respect for a man who has brought them 2 glorious years - like they do for parcells.

53canton
02-06-2012, 04:19 PM

Stop it.</P>

It was aimed at no one in particular. Im happy and having fun with it. Everyone should be happy today. Good thing Reese dont read these boards.

stormblue
02-06-2012, 04:21 PM

i knew that someone would have to try and
"peck a fyte" .
but i'm just going to take the high road and ignore it and continue to enjoy this tremendous championship run.

brad
02-06-2012, 04:23 PM
Actually the OP is right - So many fans have no ability to see the forest through the trees. Every game its this guy suck (on this board i have seen tuck - hakeem - eli - jacobs - ab and many more mentioned) Or someone wants to kill a coach - usually gilbride - but often fewell and coughlin too.

Its time to let the pro's do their jobs - understand that they have a far better grasp of the game then we do - and judge players and coaches by their careers not a game or two. SO if your unsure heres a look.

Coughlin - great coach 2 sb titles and an afc championship game - stop complaining.

Gilbride - Has the giants offense in the top ten every year - go read jon claytons 10 things this morning and you will see how much we NEED him. But you can call a shotgun draw so complain it up (by the way its pretty much the only way to run out of shotgun so well done holmes.

Tuck - Played hurt all year but is a damn good DE. one of the best in the game.

Osi - A damn good pass rusher - not great against the run but getting to qb's aint easy - lucky to have him.

There are more - but game one next year fans on here will doubt. And i wont blindly follow but i have faith IN TC AND REESE and eli and tuck and jpp and many more.

I am not arguing your points about the players or coaches... I think they are dead on. However, if everyone had the same opinion and no one questioned any personnel move, play call, or quality of play from an individual player this would be one boring forum. The point of discussion is to express different views and opinions, thats what makes it a discussion.

NYDestroyer
02-06-2012, 04:26 PM
LOL.

Coughlin, all we want is a team that can play consistent during the regular season. We want to host more playoff games at home. Make injury prevention a primary focus during next season. I will not kill you because you have earn that right, but I will be disappointed.

dave56dj
02-06-2012, 04:33 PM
Right and no other team gets paid to do that too?Weird.

And yes we can question calls - but when guys are saying things like Coughlin and hakeem and tuck suck - they just have no clue - and its sad.

NJGIANTinNC
02-06-2012, 04:47 PM
I dont think I will be able to live through another losing streak in the second half of the season.

I did not think he had a chance to come back after last season. Then it happened again this year.

The real question is.
How soon do you think ESPN has Coughlin back on the "Hot Seat" ?

I will give him next year... but sub .500 in 2013
I am pulling the pitchfork back out

CDN_G-FAN
02-06-2012, 04:51 PM
I dont think I will be able to live through another losing streak in the second half of the season. I did not think he had a chance to come back after last season. Then it happened again this year. The real question is. How soon do you think ESPN has Coughlin back on the "Hot Seat" ? I will give him next year... but sub .500 in 2013 I am pulling the pitchfork back out</P>

any commentator or analyst who puts coughlin on the 'hot seat' again immediately loses whatever credibility they had before that bone-headed move.</P>

yes, there are frustrating thing about coughlin teams.</P>

but you have to pick your poison when it comes to frustration.</P>

you can be giants frustrated: lots of injuries, brutal schedule, things come to gether in the end</P>

or you can be patriots frustrated: soft schedule, very few injuries, can't finish, twice.</P>

TroyArcher
02-06-2012, 04:58 PM
I think that club is rather small right about now.

Tony Bruno
02-06-2012, 04:58 PM
I for one will not complain and will now be the one defending the coaches... I learned this:</P>

</P>

1. KG isnt the one who always calls the plays (per Eli interview)</P>

2. The team LOVES playing and respects TC like no other. (every player interview)</P>

3. The FO wouldnt have any other coach in the NFL (per tropthy ceremony)</P>

Thats good enough for me and at this point THIS coaching stff has brought us just as much as any NY Giants coaches in history... </P>

Morehead State
02-06-2012, 05:21 PM

Stop it.</P>

John Mara himself rubbed it in the face off all the TC haters when he was interviewed right after winning against the 49ers. He told them how he had gotten a bunch of letters on his desk calling for TC to be fired. He was essentially like, "How do you like him now? Bet you feel kinda stupid." (obviously those are my words but you get the idea)</P>

No...those were not his words. You're right. And I got no impression that what he said was an attempt to stick it to Giants fans last night who criticized the HC at one time or another.</P>