PDA

View Full Version : WHERE WAS PEYTON???

jazzman
02-06-2012, 03:25 PM
I saw Momma and Pappa Manning, Mrs. Eli and baby Eli but did not see Payton Manning at all. Any reports that he purposley stayed away from the stadium?

nygsb42champs
02-06-2012, 03:28 PM
Did not see him but if he did stay away I am sure it is because he did not want to take this moment away from Eli.

Firenugget
02-06-2012, 03:31 PM
Did not see him but if he did stay away I am sure it is because he did not want to take this moment away from Eli.

I'd agree with that, he probably feels they've talked about him enough as it is.

Giants10Joe
02-06-2012, 03:35 PM
I'm sure he was there. I bet he just hid in the back of the luxury box so that the cameras wouldn't find him. Probably didn't want tot take attention away from Eli. He knew that if they saw him they would talk about the whole Irsay/Luck/neck thing and he probably didn't want that to happen during the Super Bowl.

Kruunch
02-06-2012, 03:36 PM
I saw Momma and Pappa Manning, Mrs. Eli and baby Eli but did not see Payton Manning at all. Any reports that he purposley stayed away from the stadium?

Hording his ring, calling it his precious would be my guess.

haKREEM88
02-06-2012, 03:37 PM
eli was just on espn and said peyton made it a point to stay off camera and used all the back tunnels to get to different seats since he knows the stadium so well

giantsfan420
02-06-2012, 03:38 PM
i thought i saw a clip of him celebrating after the failed hail mary attempt and he was going nuts.

vague memory tho so much was going on but i do know he was in the stadium. like others have said, he just wanted to be respectful and not take away from elis moment.

egyptian420
02-06-2012, 03:38 PM
ESPN just asked Eli about that and he said Peyton was at the game but he hid from the cameras and he "knew all the spots in the stadium where he wouldn't be seen"

repeatchamps
02-06-2012, 03:40 PM
I'm sure he was there. I bet he just hid in the back of the luxury box so that the cameras wouldn't find him. Probably didn't want tot take attention away from Eli. He knew that if they saw him they would talk about the whole Irsay/Luck/neck thing and he probably didn't want that to happen during the Super Bowl.
</P>

I think I saw him up there with his parents as well but perhaps not.If he was with themyouare correct he looked to be hiding from the cameras. The first one was different as Peyton had just won his first the year before and it was a unique situation. I liked that we saw him the first time around and I think it was a classy move to hide a bit this time around.</P>

DandyDon
02-06-2012, 05:14 PM
He was in a luxury box by himself. Thats what he did in the first SB, and he is superstitous.