PDA

View Full Version : This Superbowl run with all the injuries trumps the Packers last year.

jjj45
02-06-2012, 03:38 PM
When you consider the key players we lost, and the injury after injury as guys were dropping like flies for the Giants.

How many guys were on IR for us? Plus us losing key guys during the SB.

If you ask me all the injuries for the Packers were kinda overblown. They lost Finley, but that just shows how overrated he is. The guy drops a ton of passes as well. The other TE's were able to step up for them and even block better in the running game. Ryan Grant is nothing special.

Their biggest legit loss was Nick Barnett. I'm not trying to discount their SB or anything, dont get me wrong, but we had to overcome much more to get to this game.

If I told you at the beginning of the season if we were going to win the Superbowl after all these injuries, what would you say?

Go Giants! Making history one season at a time!

trenken311
02-06-2012, 03:42 PM
Are you crazy? They were way more banged up than the Giants were. The Giants got mostly healthy going into the playoffs. The Packers were missing many key players through their entire run.

Dont play Ryan Grant off like he was nothing. He was a big weapon for Rodgers that season and was a big loss for them. We had almost every single key player healthy on the field.

Diamondring
02-06-2012, 03:42 PM
I'm going to say this because I feel that this is very important. When teams draft players, they can get them in lower rounds and find gems. Sometimes players may get better so we have to look at that. We also have to look at the other teams injuries who they have played against. How tough was their schedule etc. Packers may just have found enough players to take others place like we have.

jjj45
02-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Are you crazy? They were way more banged up than the Giants were. The Giants got mostly healthy going into the playoffs. The Packers were missing many key players through their entire run.

Dont play Ryan Grant off like he was nothing. He was a big weapon for Rodgers that season and was a big loss for them. We had almost every single key player healthy on the field.Ryan Grant is a good player. I'm not saying he is trash. But the Packers didnt even run the ball anyway. Who needs a RB or Finley, when you got AR and all those receivers to throw too. Even Packers fan will admit Filney is not as good as everyone says he is. The dude is very overrated.

Tell me who else they lost that made such an impact?

SalsaCruz80
02-06-2012, 03:50 PM
no TT and goff

thank god for chase

what's more impressive was how ross held up at CB all season. i thought at preseason after TT went down that if giants were to have any success on the D side of the ball that prince would have had to develop as quick as possible.

PRFan
02-06-2012, 04:07 PM
No way, Packers had 16!! players on IR and I'd say about they where as important as ours on the top end.

appletree943
02-06-2012, 05:22 PM
cmon now lol

they lost Barnett starting SS Barnett Finley and Grant early in the season and Driver and Woodson DURING THE SUPERBOWL

slipknottin
02-06-2012, 05:24 PM
giants had the 2nd most injured defense in the last 25 years.

Giants had worse injuries than the packers.

appletree943
02-06-2012, 05:31 PM
and damn why u tryna steal shine from what the Packers did last year lol

jjj45
02-06-2012, 05:40 PM
giants had the 2nd most injured defense in the last 25 years.

Giants had worse injuries than the packers.Exactly. We were completely decimated this year. It's a miracle that Cruz and some of the other guys stepped up.

jjj45
02-06-2012, 05:41 PM
and damn why u tryna steal shine from what the Packers did last year lol
Sour grapes. Cant say I blame you.

weeds123
02-06-2012, 08:14 PM

Dont play Ryan Grant off like he was nothing. He was a big weapon for Rodgers that season and was a big loss for them. We had almost every single key player healthy on the field.Ryan Grant is a good player. I'm not saying he is trash. But the Packers didnt even run the ball anyway. Who needs a RB or Finley, when you got AR and all those receivers to throw too. Even Packers fan will admit Filney is not as good as everyone says he is. The dude is very overrated.

For cryin' out loud... 16 players on IR ... 6 opening day starters did not play in the Super Bowl. Further, if you're convinced that Nick Barnett was the Pack's biggest loss last year ... well ... never mind. For the record, Ryan Grant, year before last, rushed for over 1200 yards -- that's a little more than good when you're in a 'pass first offense'. I'm sure that you're not looking for some way to elevate the Giants by denigrating the Packers.

The Giants were at full strength yesterday...your guys made it back in time to play down the playoff run and that's good. Quite honestly, I'm kind of thinking that you posted this thread solely to "post a thread".

No offense taken. The Giants are the Super Bowl Champions. Congratulations. One would think you'd be busy studying consequential things instead of how your Super Bowl Champs match up to the previous Super Bowl Champs on unmeasurable intangibles.

DemandedAce
02-06-2012, 08:38 PM

For cryin' out loud... 16 players on IR ... 6 opening day starters did not play in the Super Bowl. Further, if you're convinced that Nick Barnett was the Pack's biggest loss last year ... well ... never mind. For the record, Ryan Grant, year before last, rushed for over 1200 yards -- that's a little more than good when you're in a 'pass first offense'. I'm sure that you're not looking for some way to elevate the Giants by denigrating the Packers.

The Giants were at full strength yesterday...your guys made it back in time to play down the playoff run and that's good. Quite honestly, I'm kind of thinking that you posted this thread solely to "post a thread".

No offense taken. The Giants are the Super Bowl Champions. Congratulations. One would think you'd be busy studying consequential things instead of how your Super Bowl Champs match up to the previous Super Bowl Champs on unmeasurable intangibles.

You guys had ****ty players out with injury, no names and unimportant players. We had guys that we relied on heavily, key components to our team were lost. Say what you will, but I've been a strong voice saying all season we had it worse than the Packers did and we went through worse.

J^3 is the man, and in the right here. Giants all day every day and twice on Super Bowl Sunday :)

Lambeau12
02-06-2012, 08:43 PM
Both our teams went through alot to win it all. If the Eagles dont come back and beat the Giants that Sunday and the Lions dont beat the Bucs in overtime we most likely dont make the playoffs. Then we had to win the last two regular season games to get to the playoffs. Winning 3 on the road against good teams like the Eagles, Falcons and Bears to get to the superbowl was miracolous. Giants had a very similar run beating the Cowboys and Jets to get in the playoffs then winning their home game against Atlanta then beating two very good teams on the road to get to the bowl was huge.

Lambeau12
02-06-2012, 08:59 PM
Incredible run by both teams. Packers beat the Steelers and the Giants beat the Pats. I think both the Packers and Giants were better then the Steelers and Pats both years IMO.

jjj45
02-06-2012, 09:49 PM

Dont play Ryan Grant off like he was nothing. He was a big weapon for Rodgers that season and was a big loss for them. We had almost every single key player healthy on the field.Ryan Grant is a good player. I'm not saying he is trash. But the Packers didnt even run the ball anyway. Who needs a RB or Finley, when you got AR and all those receivers to throw too. Even Packers fan will admit Finley is not as good as everyone says he is. The dude is very overrated.

Oh gawd not again......

I made this thread cause GB's injuries were bad yes, but not as devastating as what the Giants had to endure this year. And frankly, GB's injury situation like I said, was way overblown. Especially compared to the Giants. We've set the standard for what a team can do with bad injuries so far.

Full strength? You accuse me of knowing nothing. Shows how much you know about our situation.

Who would you put as a worst loss than Nick Barnett? That was a pretty bad loss. I would like to know. Don't say Finley. You were just fine at the TE position that year. Especially when you got a guy named Aaron Rodgers throwing the ball.

Such a fuss was made about the Packers and their injuries that year. I grew tired of hearing about it, I'm saying we had it worse. That is all.

Im not trying to take your championship away. Jeez. You were the best team in football that year. Just like we are the best team this year.

jjj45
02-06-2012, 09:52 PM

You guys had ****ty players out with injury, no names and unimportant players. We had guys that we relied on heavily, key components to our team were lost. Say what you will, but I've been a strong voice saying all season we had it worse than the Packers did and we went through worse.

J^3 is the man, and in the right here. Giants all day every day and twice on Super Bowl Sunday :)[b]