PDA

View Full Version : Petrus and Boothe

RoanokeFan
12-04-2011, 09:29 PM
With Petrus and Boothe playing, it seemed to me the OLine made some strides tonight in clearing holes. o we keep Boothe at center the rest of the way?

Mr Excitement
12-04-2011, 09:32 PM
I was thinking the same thing during the game....but the Pack run D isnt great ..so it's hard to go by.

KATKAVAGE75
12-04-2011, 09:33 PM
With Petrus and Boothe playing, it seemed to me the OLine made some strides tonight in clearing holes.* o we keep Boothe at center the rest of the way?

Agreed. Also I think that L. Joseph played a great game. I counted him in on ten tackles 3 yards or less.

RoanokeFan
12-04-2011, 09:35 PM
I was thinking the same thing during the game....but the Pack run D isnt great ..so it's hard to go by.

True, perhaps, but considering who the last 4 games are against. I'd like to see them keep them in. Baas is terrible against the run.

RoanokeFan
12-04-2011, 09:36 PM

True, perhaps, but considering who the last 4 games are against. I'd like to see them keep them in. Baas is terrible against the run.

RoanokeFan
12-04-2011, 09:43 PM
With Petrus and Boothe playing, it seemed to me the OLine made some strides tonight in clearing holes. o we keep Boothe at center the rest of the way?

Agreed. Also I think that L. Joseph played a great game. I counted him in on ten tackles 3 yards or less.

Agreed and props to Boothe for not hitting his butt on any exchanges with Eli today lol

RoanokeFan
12-04-2011, 09:43 PM

Agreed and props to Boothe for not hitting his butt on any exchanges with Eli today lol

kkr
12-04-2011, 09:48 PM
Impressive considering one found out he was playing last minute becasuse Baas had a headache ( i mean wtf, this guy has been a complete bust, cut his *** already), and the other was making his first start.

Keep them for next week.

Props to Jacobs for running hard this week also, he wasnt given the ball often enough again, but hey, Kevin Gilbride.

Sundown
12-04-2011, 09:50 PM
The line played really well today (run blocking) and i hope it stays this way. Baas can sit the rest of the season for all i care.

JMFP2
12-04-2011, 09:53 PM
</P>

Absolutely.</P>

Petrus obviously has some power, and Boothe played a great game at center.</P>

If Full Metal Jacket doesnt' see another snap at center for the rest of the season, I'd be happy with that.</P>

NYG3085
12-04-2011, 09:54 PM
Boothe is so underrated. I love this guy. Petrus looked good out there. Hope they can keep this up so we only address the Tackle position instead of the entire O-line.

RoanokeFan
12-04-2011, 10:18 PM
Boothe is so underrated. I love this guy. Petrus looked good out there. Hope they can keep this up so we only address the Tackle position instead of the entire O-line.

He's probably the most versatile lineman we have.

Idkaname
12-04-2011, 10:21 PM
Mark my words, if we go back to Boothe at guard and Baas at center we don't see half the running production from tonight. Quite sad really that the coaching staff is too blind to see this and will bring Baas back. Sigh

BigBlue2010
12-04-2011, 10:23 PM
Mark my words, if we go back to Boothe at guard and Baas at center we don't see half the running production from tonight. Quite sad really that the coaching staff is too blind to see this and will bring Baas back. Sigh</P>

Kind of reminds you of putting O'Hara back in against PHI last year, doesn't it?</P>

Idkaname
12-04-2011, 10:26 PM
Mark my words, if we go back to Boothe at guard and Baas at center we don't see half the running production from tonight. Quite sad really that the coaching staff is too blind to see this and will bring Baas back. Sigh</P>

Kind of reminds you of putting O'Hara back in against PHI last year, doesn't it?</P>
Sadly..but hey what do I know? When something is working, why keep it the same? Lets just **** it up

Snappinnecks
12-04-2011, 10:35 PM
Petrus did an AMAZING job on B.J. Raji!!!! He was one of the strongest at the combine the year we drafted him and tonight he showed it! I keep him at guard and you can figure out the rest between Boothe and Baas.

Mr Excitement
12-04-2011, 10:36 PM

That is correct.....it couldn't hurt to start them thats for sure.

G-Men Surg.
12-04-2011, 10:38 PM

Plus they were missing Bishop and A.J. Hawk. That been said they played very well today.

Martin
12-04-2011, 10:52 PM
With Petrus and Boothe playing, it seemed to me the OLine made some strides tonight in clearing holes.* o we keep Boothe at center the rest of the way?

noticable difference. Bradshaw and BJ had lanes
to run in.

I would like to see this group play together.

mcillo
12-04-2011, 11:07 PM
Many like to bash KG , but some of the running game credit should go to the adjustments he made. No one seemed to notice that we ( Eli ) was delaying the hand off -giving time for the blocks to set up. Slow motion dive plays.

appodictic
12-04-2011, 11:09 PM
I said this to lance on the post game radio show "Since we ran 100 yards will we keep the line the same?" he said, "giants are loyal to their starters." So the answer is probably no we will revert to our old line.

dillyyo1972
12-04-2011, 11:50 PM
I was thinking this while the game was progressing. I really hope Bass is truly really hurting and it's hampering his game because I have not seen anything this year that would make me see why we spent what we did on him. Run or pass he seems like he is not very strong as he gets pushed around all the time. I have to assume he is hampered significantly this year.

DandyDon
12-04-2011, 11:54 PM
Mark my words, if we go back to Boothe at guard and Baas at center we don't see half the running production from tonight. Quite sad really that the coaching staff is too blind to see this and will bring Baas back. Sigh

Dude. BOOTHE CANT SNAP THE BALL. Eli was fielding his mis-snaps all game. One high, the next low. Just like the last time he played center.

I like him in any other oline position, but starting him at center is a disaster waiting to happen.

plc
12-05-2011, 12:02 AM
I am just talking out loud but I wonder if Seubert is ready to play.That guy has heart and could be an addition.

GMENAGAIN
12-05-2011, 12:08 AM
</P>

Count me in!</P>

I thought Petrus did a really nice job on Raji when he handled him one-on-one</P>

Rich4114
12-05-2011, 12:12 AM
Petrus deserves a starting spot the rest of the way.

Overdrive92
12-05-2011, 12:14 AM
The only problem is Boothe needs to work on his snaps. Eli had to work to pull quite a few of those down.

gmen0820
12-05-2011, 12:19 AM
Dp

gmen0820
12-05-2011, 12:22 AM
Moreso Petrus. I really like Petrus, and watched every snap of his last year and said from when we drafted him we had a special kid. Diehl is absolutely pitiful.

TheEnigma
12-05-2011, 12:35 AM
Too bad Petrus will go back to the bench once Bass returns ;/