PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one...

Die-Hard
12-04-2011, 08:32 PM
....who is proud as hell of the fight the Giants put up tonight?

Yes, it was a heartbreaker, but it was against an incredible Offense, the likes of which hasn't been seen by this league in many years. They just took it to a 12-0 team, and so many people are acting like this is the end of the world, and that they're embarrassed by the loss. Maybe it has something to do with having unrealistic expectations or something. I don't know.

Dallas lost today. 9-7 could very well win this division, so try to hold off on the apocalyptic nonsense just a little longer, fellas. Its not over yet. Every remaining game on the schedule is highly winnable.

britishblue2
12-04-2011, 08:34 PM

Yes, it was a heartbreaker, but it was against an incredible Offense, the likes of which hasn't been seen by this league in many years. They just took it to a 12-0 team, and so many people are acting like this is the end of the world, and that they're embarrassed by the loss. Maybe it has something to do with having unrealistic expectations or something. I don't know.

Dallas lost today. 9-7 could very well win this division, so try to hold off on the apocalyptic nonsense just a little longer, fellas. Its not over yet. Every remaining game on the schedule is highly winnable.

im with ya...very proud of tonights fight against the defending champions who had won 17 straight. Some people around here have no perspective.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-04-2011, 08:36 PM
Absolutely not....... we played FANATASTIC against the Packers & refs tonight.

Gilbride is a moron as well.

Drez
12-04-2011, 08:36 PM

</P>

The only thing I'm pissed about is not having a shot of being able to win this game in OT, so I'm a little upset with the defense for that. </P>

However, if we play football like that against any of our remaining opponents, we're likely 4-0 in that stretch.</P>

VegasGmen
12-04-2011, 08:42 PM
I'm very proud and excited of things to come. Just win out! Our destiny is within our grips! Gooooo Giants!!!

NYG4lifeNYK
12-04-2011, 08:58 PM
I'm very proud and excited of things to come. Just win out! Our destiny is within our grips! Gooooo Giants!!!

+1

britishblue2
12-04-2011, 09:00 PM

+1
+2

Overdrive92
12-04-2011, 09:02 PM
I feel pretty good. Do I think we can beat the Packers in Lambaeu? Not sure about that. But they did play tough tonight.

The rest of our schedule doesn't scare me. The Cowboys are highly beatable. The Skins were lucky to beat us the first time. And the Jets are extremely vulnerable. There's no reason we can't finish 10-6 and win the division.

davmac2BB
12-04-2011, 09:05 PM

NYG4lifeNYK
12-04-2011, 09:07 PM

+1
+2
+3

allentown PA
12-04-2011, 09:08 PM

agreed but IDK about moral victories...I was proud once after a loss and that was the 2007 season finale against the pats...I was proud we played the starters with nothing to gain....different story tonight...we actually out played them imo..should have won.

NYGiants2120
12-04-2011, 09:09 PM
Yes i think we are all happy and we saw what WE CAN be. BUT do you really expect the Giants to show this effort for 4 games in a row? Im sorry i just dont see it.

bert
12-04-2011, 09:10 PM
I'm proud of the way the team played today. It certainly looked like they really wanted to win this game. It was a heartbreaker, though.

plc
12-04-2011, 09:11 PM
I for one think we are in good shape to win the division.In thr years prior to this we were going downhill.Not this year.We are going to beat dallas next week.As our ballplayers get healty over next couple of weeks we will only play better.Tonight was an excellent confidence boost for us to take the best team in football down to the wire.Go Big Blue

Ruttiger711
12-04-2011, 09:11 PM
Giants are the first team this year to bring GB to a tie in the fourth quarter.

We like every other team are not perfect on both sides of the ball, but if we play like we are able to, like today, we go 4-0 the next month.

Brandon jacobs
12-04-2011, 09:12 PM

Fantastic effort by our team. Now we can let our OC &amp; DC go. 3 man rush? no pressure and lousy offensive play calling.. good game anyway

davmac2BB
12-04-2011, 09:13 PM

Dallas has two games vs the Giants, The Eagles and the Bucs left.

The Giants have the Cowboys twice, The Jets and the Redskins.

Who has the tougher schedule? Chances are the Cowboys will split with the Giants, beat the Eagles and Bucs. I don't see the Giants being lucky enough to win four straight games. The problem is the Giant gave away two game so far they SHOULD have won (eagles and the 49ers), and I'm going to throw in the Seahawks and the Redskins as well. We squandered a lot of games that we should have won!

Harooni
12-04-2011, 09:14 PM

[Y]

brad
12-04-2011, 09:16 PM
I was proud to watch them play tonight... they came to play the game and almost pulled it off... If they can play like that for the remainder of the season we still have reason to hope for playoff spot and who knows after that. Just glad to see that the Giants haven't given up on the season yet

giants-rule-in-pa
iam proud as heck that we almost won.
just want to win the division

Kingb50
Im in and if ur not then u shouldn't be a Giant fan. Don't know about yall but Im ready to kill some cow girls!! GMEN STANDUP

NYGFaninILL

I'm with you!!

BurnerNYG
12-04-2011, 09:22 PM
The Tom Coughlin led Giants plays up and down to their opponents. They'll play great against the Packers and then they'll play awful against Washington. I don't know what last week was but don't get yourselves too riled up thinking we're heading straight to the top. Take it one game at a time.

Mr Excitement
12-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Never happy with a loss no matter who its to....moral victories are for losers...if we are to be a serious contender in the playoffs..(if we make it)...these are the teams you have to beat...that said...at least they showed some heart today...

gumby742
12-04-2011, 09:40 PM
I loved the effort and emotion by the team. We got beat by a better team. However, this game exposed our coaching issues even more imo.

allentown PA
12-04-2011, 09:44 PM
I loved the effort and emotion by the team. We got beat by a better team. However, this game exposed our coaching issues even more imo.

how so?

SweetZombieJesus
12-04-2011, 09:48 PM
disappointed but not angry

DandyDon
12-04-2011, 10:32 PM

</P>

The only thing I'm pissed about is not having a shot of being able to win this game in OT, so I'm a little upset with the defense for that. </P>

However, if we play football like that against any of our remaining opponents, we're likely 4-0 in that stretch.</P>

I agree with both above.

That was one of the best NFL games I've ever watched. Except for the fact that my team lost. Coupla bad calls go our way, the result woulda been different.

Frankly, the Giants finally played up to their talent level. Remains to be seen if they can play like that for the remainder.