PDA

View Full Version : one thing I am disappointed about with the Giants

MattMeyerBud
02-06-2012, 04:50 PM
was how Ballard was handled yesterday. I thought it was pretty obvious right away that it was more than a sprained knee. It wasn't like they did any real tests on him and they released it to NBC as a knee sprain....

poor guy tried to give it a guy and went down

Has my respect - but he should of been shut down

slipknottin
02-06-2012, 04:51 PM
I bet you Ballard wouldnt have wanted it any other way.

Tony Bruno
02-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Yeah the trainers really can only act on what the player says... If he thinks he can go a trainier is going to believe that and try not to hold a player (who says he is ok) back from the biggest game of both their lives... I dont think it was intentional but do hope a speedy recovery for him and Travis B...

MattMeyerBud
02-06-2012, 04:53 PM
players want to go back with concussions as well - are we not past that point

it was awful the way he went down trying to see if he could break on the side lines

Scarfacee71
02-06-2012, 04:53 PM
i disagree. some guys actually have the ability to play immediately after a serious injury and I'm not positive but I believe a meniscus injury is harder to evaluate in person immediately after the injury

I'm sure that was 100% Ballard's call as he wanted to be out there with his team and finish off a superbowl victory if there was any chance at all that he could.

I know I wouldn't let the training staff shut me down right there if there was any way i could go

BigBlue1971
02-06-2012, 04:54 PM
was how Ballard was handled yesterday. I thought it was pretty obvious right away that it was more than a sprained knee. It wasn't like they did any real tests on him and they released it to NBC as a knee sprain....

</P>

</P>

yea i felt bad for Ballard as well especially when he was shown falling down on the sidelines!</P>

when he was initially injured i thought he shouldve been done right there.</P>

TheBookOfEli
They probably were telling him he should be out but he probably insisted that he was fine until he started running on the banged up knee.

Kid's a warrior.

Roosevelt

Tough call.

We had already lost Beckum so this was a big blow. Dr. Warren and our trainers are top notch but you're right, this wasn't their finest moment.

CDN_G-FAN
02-06-2012, 04:55 PM
i doubt ballard was saying he couldn't go, and they were saying he's got to give it a go.</P>

the guy's a warrior and made sure he left nothing in the tank.</P>

no one likes to see someone go down like that, but if we lose and hethinks he may have been able to go back in but nevertestedhis knee? that would be brutal to live with.</P>

TroyArcher
02-06-2012, 04:56 PM
It was the SB. If ever you are to give it a shot it is during the SB. I really respect the guy for trying. I hope he will recover 100%.

slipknottin
02-06-2012, 04:56 PM
players want to go back with concussions as well - are we not past that point

it was awful the way he went down trying to see if he could break on the side lines

Concussions are a different issue, as such are now handled differently.

ELIteManning
02-06-2012, 04:58 PM
I agree... the initial play when he fell during his route did not look like a sprained knee at all. First thing I said is he is done and not coming back. Likely his last play as a Giant. I was shocked when just minutes later they said "sprained knee" . A few minutes after that they show him fall on the sidelines and I was screaming. Was a sad sight to see.

Kase-1
02-06-2012, 05:01 PM
i doubt ballard was saying he couldn't go, and they were saying he's got to give it a go.</p>

the guy's a warrior and made sure he left nothing in the tank.</p>

no one likes to see someone go down like that, but if we lose and hethinks he may have been able to go back in but nevertestedhis knee? that would be brutal to live with.</p>Well said.

Im sure he was lieing to the training staff saying that it wasnt bad and that he can go back in no problem, this is the SUPER BOWL he's gonna do everything he can to get back on the field..... As long as he aint Jay Cutler, LOL

pino
02-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Like someone already mentioned. This is the final game of the season. I'm sure Ballard wouldn't have wanted it any other way, and I'd like to see the trainers try and take his helmet at that moment.

It's easy to say we should have shut it down, but without an MRI there was no telling to what extent he was injured. He walked on his own power and I'm sure he downplayed the injury to some extent.

My point being we don't know what was said, and what they saw at the time. One thing is for sure. He is one tough SOB for trying.