PDA

View Full Version : Eli's worth

pino
02-06-2012, 04:19 PM
Is he worth $106.9 now? Seriously I want to hear from those that think he's still overpaid when compared to the rest of the QB's.

How about them draft picks?

To be fair, it was a HUGE investment at the time, but that's what a franchise QB is worth nowadays. It paid off in 2007 in my opinion. This superbowl (and next year's SB!) is pure profit.

DragonSoul
02-06-2012, 04:22 PM
Was waiting on this post.

By the way this is what he is worth ++++
http://obtuseobserver.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Lombardi-Trophy.jpghttp://obtuseobserver.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Lombardi-Trophy.jpg

CDN_G-FAN
02-06-2012, 04:22 PM
we've underpaid for eli, both in terms of contract and our deal with the chargers.</P>

most level headed Pats fans are conceding that right now eli is a more clutch QB than Brady.</P>

the safety, the int, the pass to welker (good by not great), can't convert the following 3rd and 11, pass to branch, .</P>

5negative plays that brady had that Eli didn't.</P>

any one or combination of those plays being successful probably changes some aspect of the outcome of this game.</P>

We have a QB that's outplaying Brady in the superbowl.</P>

Go figure.</P>

NoHuddle10
02-06-2012, 04:25 PM
we've underpaid for eli, both in terms of contract and our deal with the chargers.</P>

most level headed Pats fans are conceding that right now eli is a more clutch QB than Brady.</P>

the safety, the int, the pass to welker (good by not great), can't convert the following 3rd and 11, pass to branch, .</P>

5*negative plays that brady had that Eli didn't.</P>

any one or combination of those plays being successful probably changes some aspect of the outcome of this game.</P>

Go figure.</P>

Agree sir but remember.... We have a QB that outplayed Brady in the superbowl TWICE!

DragonSoul
02-06-2012, 04:32 PM

Go figure.</P>

Agree sir but remember.... We have a QB that outplayed Brady in the superbowl TWICE!naw he just got lucky...

bflo23
02-06-2012, 04:36 PM
Is he worth $106.9 now? Seriously I want to hear from those that think he's still overpaid when compared to the rest of the QB's.

How about them draft picks?

To be fair, it was a HUGE investment at the time, but that's what a franchise QB is worth nowadays. It paid off in 2007 in my opinion. This superbowl (and next year's SB!) is pure profit.

Eli is underpaid when it comes to the playoffs.

As for draft picks? That is beyond ridiculous and I would never ever trade Eli for Rivers, Nate Kaeding and Merriman (started off well but now he is a bust after he got caught for PED).

CDN_G-FAN
02-06-2012, 04:39 PM

5negative plays that brady had that Eli didn't.</P>

Go figure.</P>

Agree sir but remember.... We have a QB that outplayed Brady in the superbowl TWICE!naw he just got lucky...</P>

LOL</P>

there's one constant i've seen with the 'luck' comment from opposing fans, it's usually coming from fans that were ABSOLUTELY COMPLETELY POSITIVE THAT THERE WAS NO WAY THE GIANTS COULD WIN.</P>

When you're that much of a homer, you can't say you're wrong. All you can say is in reality you're right, and its luck that screwed you.</P>

DragonSoul
02-06-2012, 04:51 PM

Go figure.</P>

Agree sir but remember.... We have a QB that outplayed Brady in the superbowl TWICE!naw he just got lucky...</P>

LOL</P>

there's one constant i've seen with the 'luck' comment from opposing fans, it's usually coming from fans that were ABSOLUTELY COMPLETELY POSITIVE THAT THERE WAS NO WAY THE GIANTS COULD WIN.</P>

When you're that much of a homer, you can't say you're wrong.* All you can say is in reality you're right, and its luck that screwed you.</P>yep I say we are lucky nowadays when someone plays that. Because I bet it bugs them more that way lol.

Mercury
02-06-2012, 04:53 PM
As far as I am concerned, when we won in 2007 the trade cost paid for itself and if we got anything more, it would be icing on the cake. Mmmm, I like frosting!

And yes, Eli earns his money. He's a tough SOB. He's a 2X SB MVP. He has become a dynasty QB. We have not had a losing season since he came here. (8-8 being our worst.)

DragonSoul
02-06-2012, 05:04 PM
As far as I am concerned, when we won in 2007 the trade cost paid for itself and if we got anything more, it would be icing on the cake.* Mmmm, I like frosting!*

And yes, Eli earns his money.* He's a tough SOB.* He's a 2X SB MVP.* He has become a dynasty QB.* We have not had a losing season since he came here.* (8-8 being our worst.)
What would it be if their were 3?

gmen0820
02-06-2012, 05:11 PM
Eli's paid like an elite QB. Eli played like an elite QB this year and has won two rings.

It makes sense.

gmen0820
02-06-2012, 05:13 PM
As for the draft picks, that was justified after the first ring.