PDA

View Full Version : Coughlin said he didn't tell Bradshaw not to score.

stormblue
02-06-2012, 05:34 PM
Coughlin said he didn't tell Bradshaw not to score.
but Eli did .

Something this important and TC doesn't even have a hand in the decision ?

should that not be a coaching decision ?

Zaggs
02-06-2012, 05:39 PM
By the sound of his interview he seemed two minds about it. One, he wanted more time off the clock. Two, you never know what mistake might happen. Sure odds favor the Giants get a touchdown. But they almost lost 3 fumbles by that point and why tempt fate? So it was left to Eli. Glad it worked out.

CDN_G-FAN
02-06-2012, 05:42 PM
he said it was on him that he didn't give Bradshaw clear direction.</P>

but he wasn't unhappy AT ALL about the TD.</P>

at the time i thought 1 minute was too much time and i was FREAKING OUT.</P>

the next 3 or 4 offensive plays obviously gave me a much better feeling.</P>

MikeIsaGiant
02-06-2012, 05:45 PM
I was mad at bradshaw, but whatever... it happened.

Honestly Tynes could have missed the field goal, so who cares

ebick
02-06-2012, 05:57 PM
Honestly Tynes could have missed the field goal, so who cares</P>

Exactly.....why leave it to that fate?</P>

BParcells777
02-06-2012, 05:59 PM
nahhhhhhhh Tom wanted to see Tynes barely hook another one between the uprights

sheeeeeeeeesh!!!!!!!!!!!

CDN_G-FAN
02-06-2012, 06:01 PM

</P>

its a tough call either way.</P>

Give Tynes essentially a conversion kick for the win, or give HOF Brady the ball, a time out, and a minute.</P>

Neither are great choices IMHO.</P>

MattMeyerBud
02-06-2012, 06:09 PM
but Eli did .

should that not be a coaching decision ?

he also said he wanted him to score

so why would he say anything?

NYGRealityCheck
02-06-2012, 06:42 PM

</P>

its a tough call either way.</P>

Give Tynes essentially a conversion kick for the win, or give HOF Brady the ball, a time out, and a minute.</P>

Neither are great choices IMHO.</P>

The Pats woulda have had like 20 seconds left in the game (barring defensive auto-first down penalties) to get a FG (ftw) if the Giants milked the clock and kicked the short FG.

But the Giants were trailing (not tied or winnning), FGs are not a given, kickoff returns are uncertain, Bradshaw was given an easy TD, Patriots were forced to get a TD, which is harder than kicking a FG, more pressure on the Patriots.

Patriots were in a bad spot either way.

Going for the TD was certaintly not a bad decision in that situation, especially when the red carpet was blatantly rolled out by the opposing defense.

Just because Mr. Thinks-he-knows-it-all Collinsworth says something doesn't mean he's always right. The dude couldn't wait to break out visuals and percentages blaming Manningham when Manningham caught a pass out-of-bounds earlier in the game. Then when Manningham does make a terrific sideline catch on the Giant's last drive, he suddenly flip-flops.

MattMeyerBud
02-06-2012, 06:44 PM
exactly - i would do it the same way again

no way u don't make it a touchdown game... thats just how i see it

jomo
02-06-2012, 06:48 PM
but Eli did .

should that not be a coaching decision ?I totally agree, just one more reason that Coughlin must go!! lol

We won the game boys and girls and the decision to score the TD was the right one. If Only Nicks could have gone down, we would have forced them to burn a timeout and scoring a TD would have been a total no brainer.

bansaw
02-06-2012, 07:31 PM
this whole idea is media bs

at the last second Eli started yelling not to score from what he saw...Ahmad is at full speed, he's not coming half speed or he'd not be in the NFL. So he hits the line and he has to expect a LB....now he's at that point, what Eli said is kicking into his brain, there is no LB to slow him down and what if he pulls up hard and pops his knee or lets not forget all the screws in his ankle. Seems like he has forever to get slowed up in slow-mo, thats split second **** and he fell in.

What a great game

GO GIANTS !!!

PrideofNY
02-06-2012, 07:39 PM
I was happy that they scored the touchdown. I would have preferred that they had taken a little more time off the clock, but I think I would rather take being up by 4 with 50 seconds to go, over being up by only 1 with 20 or so seconds to go. I'm probably in the minority.

eastbayblue
02-06-2012, 07:48 PM
With only 1 timeout left has does Coughlin communicate what he wants to Bradshaw anyway.
They weren't going to call a timeout with the clock running?

mcillo
02-06-2012, 08:39 PM
I`ll take the six points plus 1. With our snaps either in the dirt or way up high in a very intense pressure situation. Dallas vs. Seattle . Did NE have ant TO`s at that point ? And what would thet play have looked like if Bradshaw had listened to Eli ?

02-06-2012, 09:25 PM
I think some media guys are forgetting that the PATS had the lead; IMO we needed to get in the end zone