PDA

View Full Version : Best QB Performance in Playoff History????

NoHuddle10
02-06-2012, 04:38 PM
I would love to hear everyones opinions on this. I dont know the history of QB statistics in the playoffs. That said, was Eli Mannings postseason performance the best of all time?

Wins vs Atlanta, @ GB, @ SF, and vs the all time great Pats.

Completed over 100 passes. Over 65% of his passes. Threw for 1219 yards. 305 yards per game. 9 TDS and just 1 INT.

Put this into persepective. Average out Elis postseason into a regular season and he goes for 4900 yards 36 TDS and 4 INTS.... He did this against the best teams in the league all in must win situations, and mostly on the road.

Was this the best performance in postseason history by a QB? Maybe by any player at any position ever?

Let the debate begin...... All I know is I love this team sooooo much. What a season! WE ARE SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!! How sweet it is!

Gmen2005
02-06-2012, 04:39 PM
I've never seen someone elevate their play so much in playoff situations. I'm still pretty young, but it's amazing what he does.

giantsfan420
02-06-2012, 04:40 PM
I would love to hear everyones opinions on this. I dont know the history of QB statistics in the playoffs. That said, was Eli Mannings postseason performance the best of all time?

Wins vs Atlanta, @ GB, @ SF, and vs the all time great Pats.

Completed over 100 passes. Over 65% of his passes. Threw for 1219 yards. 305 yards per game. 9 TDS and just 1 INT.

Put this into persepective. Average out Elis postseason into a regular season and he goes for 4900 yards 36 TDS and 4 INTS.... He did this against the best teams in the league all in must win situations, and mostly on the road.

Was this the best performance in postseason history by a QB? Maybe by any player at any position ever?

Let the debate begin...... All I know is I love this team sooooo much. What a season! WE ARE SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!! How sweet it is!

i have to say it at the least is right up there. imho, yes it was. he played absolutely lights out, at the absolute highest possible level a qb can or will ever play.

Moss#83
02-06-2012, 04:47 PM
Peyton Manning in his SB run was amazing.

3 TD 7 INT. He carried the team on his shoulders because the media tells us he never had a good defense. He took it upon himself and won that SB.

bflo23
02-06-2012, 05:08 PM
Brees had his playoff run where he threw for 732 yards, 8 TD/0 INT and like 115 QB rating. But he also faced cardinals, vikings and colts. Eli faced much better teams especially when you consider falcons, 15-1 defending champion Packers, 49ers BEST defense and Tom Brady and the Patriots.

Brady had a good little run in 2004 playoff run but he was throwing between 144-236 yards and had only 5 tds. Pretty good qb rating though.... (cough cough SPYGATE)

Rodgers was a beast last season in the playoffs but he really struggled vs the Bears where he had a 55 qb rating and 0 td/ 2 ints.

Favre, Peyton, Elway, Unitas... no.

*** Montana wins though because of his 1990 playoff run where he had 11 TDs, 0 INT and like 140 QB rating. Maybe even Steve Young in 1994 and Aikman in 1992. Lots of TDs and very high QB ratings.

NoHuddle10
02-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Brees had his playoff run where he threw for 732 yards, 8 TD/0 INT and like 115 QB rating. But he also faced cardinals, vikings and colts. Eli faced much better teams especially when you consider falcons, 15-1 defending champion Packers, 49ers BEST defense and Tom Brady and the Patriots.

Brady had a good little run in 2004 playoff run but he was throwing between 144-236 yards and had only 5 tds. Pretty good qb rating though.... (cough cough SPYGATE)

Rodgers was a beast last season in the playoffs but he really struggled vs the Bears where he had a 55 qb rating and 0 td/ 2 ints.

Favre, Peyton, Elway, Unitas... no.

*** Montana wins though because of his 1990 playoff run where he had 11 TDs, 0 INT and like 140 QB rating. Maybe even Steve Young in 1994 and Aikman in 1992. Lots of TDs and very high QB ratings.

Great stuff, thanks for this...

bigblue4417
02-06-2012, 05:22 PM
We will let Morehead decide...