PDA

View Full Version : Chris Collinsworth

bigblue4417
02-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Was absolutely horrendous. He was practically glowing over Tom Brady and all the wonderful magnificent things he was doing. Every chance he could get to talk about the Pats he was. When we did something it was just ho-hum. It was one of the worst commentated games I have ever heard and I usually like the guy.

Cindy in INdy
02-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Yeah I was totally missing Troy Aikman & Joe Buck

CDN_G-FAN
02-06-2012, 05:44 PM
i usually don't mind collingsworth at all.</P>

and he sees the game really really well.</P>

but i just couldn't get over how badly he wanted a date with Brady last night.</P>

I had a thread earlier about my mom, who watches football casually at best.</P>

She asked me who is the guy that was talking so heavenly about Brady and is he like this all the time when the Pats play.</P>

When a basic non-football fan listens to some guy and says "wow, he sounds like a huge Pats homer", you did something wrong.</P>

CDN_G-FAN
02-06-2012, 05:46 PM
Oh, and it was OBVIOUS that at the end when the Giants took the lead Collingsworth was trying desperately to even this ship in terms of his commentary.</P>

so much so, cramming so much of it into such a small time frame it certainly didn't seem genuine.</P>

bigblue4417
02-06-2012, 05:46 PM
Yeah I was totally missing Troy Aikman &amp; Joe Buck
You are soooooo right. Who would have thought we would EVER feel that way. lol

slipknottin
02-06-2012, 05:47 PM
after years of Buck, I can block out the commentators now.

Didnt hear a thing he said all game.

Markroman
02-06-2012, 05:47 PM
Collinsworth is an AFC guy and I think he has in the past been very anti-Coughlin.

Now Brady is a two time SUPer Bowl loser like Chris.

bigblue4417
02-06-2012, 05:48 PM
i usually don't mind collingsworth at all.</p>

and he sees the game really really well.</p>

but i just couldn't get over how badly he wanted a date with Brady last night.</p>

I had a thread earlier about my mom, who watches football casually at best.</p>

She asked me who is the guy that was talking so heavenly about Brady and is he like this all the time when the Pats play.</p>

<font color="#0000FF">When a basic non-football fan listens to some guy and says "wow, he sounds like a huge Pats homer", you did something wrong.</font></p>
SERIOUSLY!

It was embarrassing to put it kindly. He could not gush enough!

"The Giants are going to give the ball back to Brady, they have made a huge mistake" Oh really!?

bigblue4417
02-06-2012, 05:49 PM
Now Brady is a two time SUPer Bowl loser like Chris.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-bHddHPEs-X8/TdQnkVgyScI/AAAAAAAACZc/-DPeLjDzLpo/s320/simpsons_nelson_haha2.png

BrianK
02-06-2012, 05:49 PM
I think Collinsworth is a great analyst and I think you guys are way over sensitive.....

Manning
02-06-2012, 05:50 PM
I think Collinsworth is a great analyst and I think you guys are way over sensitive.....

+1

Doesn't matter who is commentating they are always anti-Giants according to these message boards.

Kase-1
02-06-2012, 05:53 PM
after years of Buck, I can block out the commentators now.

Didnt hear a thing he said all game.Couldnt have said it better myself

CDN_G-FAN
I think Collinsworth is a great analyst and I think you guys are way over sensitive..... +1 Doesn't matter who is commentating they are always anti-Giants according to these message boards.</P>

Aikman is the most even commentator out there. problem is he comes with buck.</P>

my dream pair is Al and Aikman.</P>

I like Collingsworth's insights more than other colour commentators, but he just has a way of rubbing you the wrong way as a giants fan.</P>

BParcells777
makes you appreciate phil simms impartiality

Phil neither gives praise or take it away unfairly

Also Collinsworth no longer seems to understand the game, know the rules or needs glasses.....or all the above

bigblue4417
02-06-2012, 05:54 PM

+1

Doesn't matter who is commentating they are always anti-Giants according to these message boards.
So neither one of you thought for a second he was going over the top talking about Brady?

No one is sensitive, we just won the Superbowl. They can all go **** themselves for all I care. I just thought as a commentator you had a responsibility to remain unbias. He was blowing Brady every chance he got.

CDN_G-FAN
I think Collinsworth is a great analyst and I think you guys are way over sensitive..... +1 Doesn't matter who is commentating they are always anti-Giants according to these message boards.</P>

Aikman is the most even commentator out there. problem is he comes with buck.</P>

my dream pair is Al and Aikman.</P>

I like Collingsworth's insights more than other colour commentators, but he just has a way of rubbing you the wrong way as a giants fan.</P>

egyptian420
Really? I thought yesterday's commentary was Much better than SB42....I was fine with it.

No matter who's doing the game, Brady will always get drooled over by the commentator.

Zaggs
02-06-2012, 05:56 PM
Maybe Collinsworth thought if New England won it would mean the Maria Menounos would get really drunk and he might actually have a shot.

guardplay320
02-06-2012, 05:57 PM
I thought he did a very good job.

BrianK
02-06-2012, 05:58 PM

+1

So neither one of you thought for a second he was going over the top talking about Brady?

No one is sensitive, we just won the Superbowl. They can all go **** themselves for all I care. I just thought as a commentator you had a responsibility to remain unbias. He was blowing Brady every chance he got.
nope thought he was spot on with most of his analysis and not gushing over Brady at all.

Burgermiesta
02-06-2012, 06:00 PM
I can' stand him personally as a broadcaster. He stinks in fact all my fantasy teams are named the Collinsworth HateMongers....

paul007
02-06-2012, 06:45 PM
Maybe he wants a pair of Man Uggs?

MattMeyerBud
02-06-2012, 06:46 PM

na u guys are crazy... i'd take last nights announcer performance ANYTIME over Buck

egyptian420
02-06-2012, 06:58 PM

na u guys are crazy... i'd take last nights announcer performance ANYTIME over Buck

me too...just listen to Al Michaels' reaction after Mario's catch compared to Buck's ridiculously apathetic reaction to Tyree's catch

Buck's commentary is a stain on what I think is the best play in SB history

MattMeyerBud
02-06-2012, 07:14 PM

me too...just listen to Al Michaels' reaction after Mario's catch compared to Buck's ridiculously apathetic reaction to Tyree's catch

exactly

i think the difference is that you hear Michaels and Buck more because they are the play by play. I think thats why its easier to ignore Collinsworth. Honestly I didn't pick up on it about Collinsworth blowing brady, but brady deserves to be blown anyway so maybe i just didn't think of it. I remember him being very flattering of Eli as well

chasjay
02-06-2012, 07:14 PM
Collinsworth's sentiments were obviously with the Pats. I suspect one big reason was the dedication of the season to Mrs. Kraft or other such reasons. I don't dissect the games and try to find announcers pulling against the Giants - I don't think Collinsworth was pulling <u>against</u> the Giants, but it was obvious that he wanted the Pats to win.

egyptian420
02-06-2012, 07:17 PM

exactly

i think the difference is that you hear Michaels and Buck more because they are the play by play. I think thats why its easier to ignore Collinsworth. Honestly I didn't pick up on it about Collinsworth blowing brady, but brady deserves to be blown anyway so maybe i just didn't think of it. I remember him being very flattering of Eli as well

yup....I had absolutely no problem at all with yesterday's commentary

MattMeyerBud
02-06-2012, 07:22 PM
Collinsworth's sentiments were obviously with the Pats. I suspect one big reason was the dedication of the season to Mrs. Kraft or other such reasons. I don't dissect the games and try to find announcers pulling against the Giants - I don't think Collinsworth was pulling <u>against</u> the Giants, but it was obvious that he wanted the Pats to win.

yea what u gonna do

MattMeyerBud
02-06-2012, 07:22 PM

exactly

yup....I had absolutely no problem at all with yesterday's commentary

im with ya

chasjay
02-06-2012, 07:25 PM

yea what u gonna do

I wasn't complaining MMB - just making an observation. If we hadn't won I might be a little po'd about it [:)] but it didn't bother me at all.

JPP
02-06-2012, 07:29 PM
i usually don't mind collingsworth at all.</P>

and he sees the game really really well.</P>

but i just couldn't get over how badly he wanted a date with Brady last night.</P>

I had a thread earlier about my mom, who watches football casually at best.</P>

She asked me who is the guy that was talking so heavenly about Brady and is he like this all the time when the Pats play.</P>

When a basic non-football fan listens to some guy and says "wow, he sounds like a huge Pats homer", you did something wrong.</P>

Same thing happened to me. I'm pretty sure at one point Collinsworth said something like and "Brady is on fire now" and it was after completing 2 passes.

Morehead State
02-06-2012, 07:34 PM
Was absolutely horrendous. He was practically glowing over Tom Brady and all the wonderful magnificent things he was doing. Every chance he could get to talk about the Pats he was. When we did something it was just ho-hum. It was one of the worst commentated games I have ever heard and I usually like the guy.
</P>

Well my friend, I completely disagree. I think that although Collinsworth isn't very likeable, he's a very insightful analyst. He sees things we don't and gives the viewers perspectives that we don't get from other commentators.</P>

But I'm as proud as punch that you started a thread. You know how much I love ya.</P>

KillaRich
02-06-2012, 07:38 PM
Lol bro I think we are on the same level ... I just watch ... Barely remember what they said

weeds123
02-06-2012, 08:02 PM

I've NEVER been a fan of Collinsworth -- even when he played ... and he did suck bad last night...but I commented to my son that I thought he was going to "do" the entire Giants team for free after the game. Just goes to show how two sets of ears, hearing the same thing can hear something totally opposite.

BlueSanta
02-06-2012, 08:04 PM
He never bothered me. Buck and Aikmen get on my nerves.

sc_markt
02-06-2012, 09:06 PM

The more I hear Collinsworth broadcasting during Giants games, the more I think he's biased against us. Eff him...

Odan
02-06-2012, 09:38 PM
makes you appreciate phil simms impartiality

Phil neither gives praise or take it away unfairly

Also Collinsworth no longer seems to understand the game, know the rules or needs glasses.....or all the above

Collinsworth was calling Eli an Elite, top 5 QB before the SF playoff
game on Inside the NFL, while Phil Simms strongly disagreed.

Looks like Chris at least got that one right.

swordfish
02-06-2012, 09:58 PM
I was so fixated on this game, I did not even pay attention to the announcers, announcers, what announcers:)

BigBlue1971
02-06-2012, 10:02 PM
</P>

</P>

before the Sunday nite game against the egirls i never though much about Collinsworthless.</P>

that game he ripped the Giants throughout the game. i lost respect for him then. if the egirls are his favorite team he solidfied that during that game!</P>

i dont like 'em at all. he should respect this team more than he does!</P>

PRFan
02-06-2012, 11:46 PM
I can't remember much either but I think CC is solid, he pisses everybody off because he doesn't sugarcoat it if your team is sucking.
I love Troy too but Buck is the worst. I played SB42 before the game and it's just horrendous.

giantyankee1976
02-06-2012, 11:58 PM

everytime he uttered the adjective "brilliant" I clenched my jaw.

idiot dbag, can't stand that guy

stormin normand
02-07-2012, 01:29 AM
Agree found myself saying STFU several times knowing that b couldn't hear me.
totally Brady and how the Pats lost and not the Giants winning.

Hoova0797
02-07-2012, 01:34 AM
I completely disagree....

Chris Collinsworth is just a bandwagon type of commentator....whoever is hot, he highly praises.

First quarter, all he talked about was how great the Giants were and how they should have been favored.....he SAID that!

Second quarter, into the third, he said Brady was on fire....um, he set the superbowl record for 16 straight completions, that IS on fire!

Fourth quarter, he called it on our final drive..."here we go again."

So, no, I never got the feeling that he praised only Brady and the Patriots...he just hopped to whoever had momentum at the time.

G.I. Ants
02-07-2012, 01:41 AM
Collinsworth's man crush with Brady is similar to Archer's crush with Burt Reynolds http://www.gq.com/entertainment/tv/blogs/the-stream/burt-reynolds-archer-490.jpg

Toadofsteel
02-07-2012, 02:13 AM
Collinsworth doesn't bother me. Mainly because he was in the middle of blowing Welker saying "he just doesn't drop passes"... right before Welker dropped a pass.