PDA

View Full Version : STILL getting disrespected.

ToomerFORtheBomb
02-06-2012, 08:17 PM
I listened to AM and satellite all day long at work...

Yes there were several times Eli, TC and the Giants got their credit.

But...

I would say 80% of the day all I heard about was the Wes Welker drop and if Brady did this and if Brady did that then the Giants would have lost.

I'm sorry but it makes it very hard to enjoy this moment when "luck" keeps getting thrown in my face all day long.

When it comes to football... analysts and talk show hosts ARE A JOKE!!!!

They get it wrong all the time and they smugly refuse your day in the sun when it comes time.

Big Blue 418
02-06-2012, 08:22 PM

But...

I would say 80% of the day all I heard about was the Wes Welker drop and if Brady did this and if Brady did that then the Giants would have lost.

I'm sorry but it makes it very hard to enjoy this moment when "luck" keeps getting thrown in my face all day long.

They get it wrong all the time and they smugly refuse your day in the sun when it comes time.

Yes could of should of would of is the story of losers

What if Plaxico didsn't shoot himself in the foot blah blah blah

dan1552
02-06-2012, 08:24 PM
I hope Brady has begun his decent into mediocrity ,.. but even after him and the Pats are old news and ELI is a Hall of Fame candidate the media will still hate him cause he doesnt even buy his own hype let alone any other teams.

fourth&forever
02-06-2012, 08:29 PM
The G-Men weren't "supposed" to win so everyone assumes its just luck.
What they don't want to understand is we made our own luck thru hard work and the "finish strong" mentality.

repeatchamps
02-06-2012, 08:34 PM
This has been a theme with the Giants Super Bowl wins other than Super Bowl 21. It is what it is. Close last second wins. Guess what I don't care andI will take it every single time. Keep raking in the trophies and I do not care how it gets done.

NYG4ME
02-06-2012, 08:35 PM
I hope Brady has begun his decent into mediocrity ,.. but even after him and the Pats are old news and ELI is a Hall of Fame candidate the media will still hate him cause he doesnt even buy his own hype let alone any other teams.

There is nothing Mediocre about going to a superbowl...

Gmen DLS
02-06-2012, 08:35 PM
Ok, let's look at it from another point of view. Giants could have done several things that could have made it a blow out. I still rather be the underdog and have everyone doubt us, it's easier than having everybody kissing a s s.

juice33s
02-06-2012, 08:36 PM
Its all a bunch of BS. The game would've been a blow out had it not been for the phantom holding call on Boothe in the 2nd quarter....That and the two no call PI's on MM

The Notorious B.I.G BLUE
02-06-2012, 08:36 PM
We never get the benefits of the "if's". It's always "if" the other team did this or "if" the other team did that. "if" we don't get a holding penalty its probably not even a game.

NYSPORTS
02-06-2012, 08:38 PM
Sour grapes again lol

If that pass is to the inside, Welker gets his head knocked off by Phillips. Not to mention, Brady finessed that ball and didn't gun it. The lack of velocity may have been the difference.

repeatchamps
02-06-2012, 08:39 PM
Its all a bunch of BS. The game would've been a blow out had it not been for the phantom holding call on Boothe in the 2nd quarter....That and the two no call PI's on MM
</P>

The problem is, people would then say oh the Giants got lucky that the penalties were or weren't called and they'd still be discredited. The haters will always find a way to hate.</P>

Burgermiesta
02-06-2012, 08:42 PM
The Talk Show Bigmouths are always doing that. They know as much as the average fan does when it comes right down to it. Look at that bag of hot air on the FAN he is the worst, that arrogant, pompASS,
see-saw host!

juice33s
02-06-2012, 08:44 PM
</p>

The problem is, people would then say oh the Giants got lucky that the penalties were or weren't called and they'd still be discredited. The haters will always find a way to hate.</p>
The thing is even if Welker made that catch we could've still held them to a FG and got the ball back with around two minutes left....Whose betting against Eli in that situation.....I know I aint

MikeIsaGiant
02-06-2012, 08:44 PM
People are dumb.

scoopscj
02-06-2012, 08:47 PM
Vs the Bills - not supposed to win... major underdogs...
vs the Pats in 2007 - see previous
vs the Pats in 2011 - see previous

The media can all bite it. They did it. They made the plays, the other team didn't. Too bad... so sad. History will remember the Lombardi's not the Welker miss or the too many men on the field.

Bye bye Patriots. See you again ... I hope...

Scoops

GiantinCt
02-06-2012, 09:05 PM
Who cares? We won, again. I hope any of my teams get ignored in the seasons to come and they smack the "favorite" in the mouth and take the championship.

One Eyed Willie
02-06-2012, 09:18 PM
The G-Men weren't "supposed" to win so everyone assumes its just luck.
What they don't want to understand is we made our own luck thru hard work and the "finish strong" mentality.
Exactly! Oh, and i guess the 6 wins we had prior to the superbowl where just luck too? I say let them all talk. No one can take our Trophy from us!! 4 Time Champs Baby!!!

JJC7301
02-07-2012, 02:20 AM
If MM hadn't made that incredible catch, then the Giants may have lost. In terms of Welker's catch, isn't catching / not-catching the ball part of the game?

And can they stop unloading on Walker? EVERY player drops passes at times.

87Spider91
02-07-2012, 05:24 AM
I embrace it!

The presence of Eli on the field causes the opponents to miss interceptions, unable to recover the Giants fumbles and makes the refs call it our way.

When Eli's on the sideline our opponents great players are reduced to bumbling idiots.

We can't help it that God loves the Giants. I will not make exuses for the power, which seems like magic or luck, that He gives Eli.

appletree943
02-07-2012, 08:50 AM
i do like the fact that teams forget to catch the ball when they play the giants (Packers, Patriots)

that last drive vs the pats was sad back to back drops really guys?

Redeyejedi
02-07-2012, 08:56 AM
i do like the fact that teams forget to catch the ball when they play the giants (Packers, Patriots)

Okay say they catch that ball there still in bounds and have to go the entire length of the field and score a TD with 1 TO.

bandwgn86
02-07-2012, 08:56 AM

I like that fact too!

MattMeyerBud
02-07-2012, 09:05 AM
i love the fact that Lombardi refuses to put his trophy in philly

Firenugget
02-07-2012, 09:16 AM

mmhmmm.

appletree943
02-07-2012, 11:02 AM
touche sir

GfieldGmen
02-07-2012, 11:23 AM
And if we didn't get called for BS holding call on 3-1 we probably blow the lid off the game in the 1st qter

swimeasy
02-07-2012, 11:32 AM

I like that fact too!</P>

Same here. And it was indeed an opponent pattern in the playoffs. How 'lucky' for us. I hope the Giants continue to be underestimated. That's what fuels them and Tuck talked about this very thing in a post SB interview and how they believed in each other.</P>

Interesting excerpt from the Packers web site from Feb 1st:</P>
<H2 class=article-title><SPAN><FONT size=4>It's time to give Giants their due and move on:</FONT></SPAN></H2>
<H2 class=article-title><SPAN>

<FONT size=3>Lucy from Appleton, WI</FONT></P>
<P sizset="254" sizcache="31"><NOBR sizset="254" sizcache="31"><FONT size=3><SPAN>Aaron Rodgers</SPAN>http://www.packers.com/assets/nflimg/icon-article-link.gif</FONT> (http://www.packers.com/team/roster/aaron-rodgers/fe1a862d-b24a-4123-b43e-c116b59395cc/)</NOBR><FONT size=3> is a Super Bowl champion, Super Bowl MVP and may get the league MVP honors soon. He's extremely accurate, has the ability to throw the football into some of the tiniest windows and doesn't often throw interceptions. Yet, in three career postseasons, he's gone 0-1 in two of them. Is it just coincidence or is he prone to nerves Ė gets tight in the playoffs?</FONT></P>

<FONT size=3>The loss to Arizona was his fault? He was tight in the win in Atlanta and on that third-and-10 pass in last seasonís Super Bowl? Yeah, he missed a couple of throws against the Giants, but there were a lot of dropped passes, too. Weíre still looking for someone to blame for the loss to the Giants, and thatís a mistake. Itís time to accept what happened and move on. The Giants played a great game. The calls went against them and they were still able to win. They went on the road and won where no visiting team had won since October of 2010. I think itís time we give the Giants their due.</FONT></P>

<FONT size=2>http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/ask-vic/article-1/Its-time-to-give-Giants-their-due-and-move-on/8a7f8e04-a603-4a78-bf2b-297d74090706</FONT> (http://www.packers.com/news-and-events/ask-vic/article-1/Its-time-to-give-Giants-their-due-and-move-on/8a7f8e04-a603-4a78-bf2b-297d74090706)</P></SPAN></H2>

FBomb
02-07-2012, 11:33 AM
Just sing the "I Got My Ring" song.

DEgiants89
02-07-2012, 12:24 PM

But...

I feel bro but some people aren't saying that and also who cares. We won the super bowl!!! If anything we keep on winning and keep gaining more credit, love, and legacy :)