PDA

View Full Version : Eli a hall of Famer?

juice33s
02-06-2012, 07:47 PM
A few months ago people would've called you nuts for even suggesting it, but with this win he became just the 11th QB in NFL history to win multiple superbowls....Personally I'm looking forward to Peytons intro for his more accomplished baby bro

DragonSoul
02-06-2012, 07:49 PM
2-3 more years similar to his last 2-3 years, then Yes. If he gets another SB next year Yes.

Being Optimistic I do think he is now. But to be more level headed he needs another 2 years similar to this.

I had faith the day we drafted him, and still due to date [:)] Love being correct

juice33s
02-06-2012, 07:51 PM
2-3 more years similar to his last 2-3 years, then Yes. If he gets another SB next year Yes.

Being Optimistic I do think he is now. But to be more level headed he needs another 2 years similar to this.

I had faith the day we drafted him, and still due to date [:)] Love being correct
Really, 2-3 more years?...In my mind taking down the mighty Patriot dynasty in the fashion he did (twice) will place him in NFL lore forever. That alone is worth a hall of fame bust

TheBookOfEli
02-06-2012, 07:52 PM
He is already a lock for Canton, no arguing that.

Now it's just a matter of getting in on his first year of eligibility and for that he needs like 2 years of great stats, wins, and playoff wins.

It should happen.

gumby742
02-06-2012, 08:47 PM
He's following a very interesting pattern here. MMB brought it up first a while ago. Brees and Brady both turned it on at the same point in their careers. Eli has 2 SB victories already. If he continues to play at this level, and i realize this is a big if, he has the ability and talent to be one of the best ever.

jppmvp90
02-06-2012, 08:48 PM
he isnt a lock yet, but i see no reason he wont be a lock when hes done. hes getting better and has 8 or 9 years left

Voldamort
02-06-2012, 08:51 PM
he will be!!! the guy is driven,he will play at a high level for the next 7-8 years and maybe two more championships

Markroman
02-06-2012, 09:31 PM
Steve Young said yesterday that Eli's playoff performances were enough. He now needs to add the "regular" season numbers to his resume.

I think he is right. Eli's playoff record and QB rating is incredible over 10+games and two superbowls. He just needs to add to the regular season resume.

DragonSoul
02-06-2012, 09:35 PM
He's following a very interesting pattern here. MMB brought it up first a while ago. Brees and Brady both turned it on at the same point in their careers. Eli has 2 SB victories already. If he continues to play at this level, and i realize this is a big if, he has the ability and talent to be one of the best ever.And thats where it could lead, but didn't want to say it or bring it up lol. Figured if he could get us 1, there would possibly multiples & between all that if his trend of improving every year then HOF would be there.

I actually felt after his 1st SB win he would have a chance if he continued improving at the pace he did every year. And he has done that and even added another great SB win.

DragonSoul
02-06-2012, 09:43 PM
Do you guys realize that Eli has 2 SB wins while in the same time Peyton had 0 Sb wins.

He got his 1st one in his 9th year, and his next opportunity in his 12th year.

So technically Eli could get his 3rd SB trophy in the same amount of time it took Peyton to get his 1st.

Imho that is pretty impressive, considering we were not a stacked team, in either of them.