PDA

View Full Version : Which Superbowl was better? XLII or XLVI?

TheBookOfEli
02-06-2012, 09:23 PM
Now that it has sunk in for me with Superbowl XLVI, i have to give it to last nights game.

Yes Superbowl XLII had the tyree catch and it was our first one (Eli era) but Superbowl XLVI was fun to watch throughout the whole game.

I was standing the whole game, couldn't even sit down. It was big cause i wanted the Giants to get another Superbowl win and for Eli to get the credit he deserves.

Scarfacee71
02-06-2012, 09:30 PM
The storyline, the catch, the drive, our defense, "we're only going to score 17 points.. hahahahaha" on and on

I give it to XLII looking at it objectively and I know thats how I'll feel a while from now

But right now XLVI absolutely. We are the best in the world!

LvGiants
02-06-2012, 09:30 PM
I'm sticking with XLII, due to a combination of the Pats being 18-0, Eli's coming out party, Tyree catch, plax's TD, etc. Bradshaw's game winner was no where near has exciting as Plax's, and Tyrees catch was the greatest play in SB history with a combination of skill and craftiness and luck.

Overdrive92
02-06-2012, 09:32 PM
XLII was better, but that's not to take away anything from last night.

jppmvp90
02-06-2012, 09:33 PM
last night. i just love this team

gmen0820
02-06-2012, 09:37 PM
XLII and it's not even close. Great game last night but XLII was just wow.

Easy-Duz-It
02-06-2012, 09:42 PM
super bowl 42 was a better football game hands down. it's not even debatable in my opinion. that was arguably the best super bowl of all time.

super bowl 46 wasn't really that great of a game, especially considering it went down to the wire. it was a little sloppy for both teams at times, and the way it ended was kind of weird.

that said, my satisfaction level for both has been equal...which is THROUGH THE ****ING ROOF! GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGmen!!

p.s. although super bowl 42 was a superior game. i think roster/team-wise, i like this the 2011 team more than the 2007 one. cruz, nicks, jpp, canty, grant, rolle, boley....i love these guys. not to mention we still have my favorite giant of all time behind center. #10.

GOBIGBLUE52
02-06-2012, 09:47 PM
XLII - better story
XLVI - better game

egyptian420
02-06-2012, 09:50 PM
<--------------

SackingMyths
02-06-2012, 09:52 PM
I love this team and the way they really seemed to have a genuine bond and togetherness. So unselfish all around.

I'm more proud of this team than the '07 one, but that's no slight on the '07 team.

MikeIsaGiant
02-06-2012, 09:54 PM
So difficult, last night was better because of the people I was with and ****

I enjoyed watching last night's more

egyptian420
02-06-2012, 10:12 PM
XLII - better story
XLVI - better game

+1....I think this one was more foreseen just because we're simply better. Eli is playing at an elite level and our WR's are POTENT. Not to mention the defense is just as good, if not, better than 07.

But 07 was just a miraculous year, Eli wasn't playing as well as he is now, Pats were undefeated and heavily favored, the Tyree catch (my single favorite NFL play of all time).....it was just more magical. This one I just Knew we were going to win, but don't get me wrong, this was an AMAZING SB, I take nothing away from this. I hate even choosing between the two, I will cherish them both dearly.