PDA

View Full Version : Was Steve Weatherford the MVP?

LvGiants
02-06-2012, 08:23 PM
Me and some of my friends have been discussing this since last night. Was our punter Steve Weatherford the MVP of Super Bowl XLVI?
While I personally feel like he wasn't the MOST VALUABLE player last night, because I think we still could have had a chance to win without him and maybe not Eli, I think that was probably the greatest punting job I have seen from a Giant. While i still remember Feagles remarkable directional punting, Weatherford not only pinned them in the 10 yard line 3 times, but he did it from all different distances. Personally, I split the award up 3 ways between Justin Tuck, Eli, and Weatherford.

Breezely
02-06-2012, 08:33 PM
Weatherford was friggin outstanding!!!!! He definitely was instrumental in this Superbowl victory. However, you have to give it to EASY!!!!!
Dude is a straight 4th quarter assassin!

DandyDon
02-07-2012, 01:27 AM
Toughest looking punter I've ever seen. No way we would be playing on Sunday with Matt....what was his name?

Yet another Rex Ryan mistake ;-)

TrueBlue10
02-07-2012, 01:48 AM
Weatherford is awesome. He's one of the most bad-*** punters I think there has ever been. When you see him jumping on Bradshaw celebrating, you know he's a tough guy.... no one would want to mess with Bradshaw.

I hope he sticks around and becomes the new Jeff Feagles =)

stormblue
02-07-2012, 01:54 AM
i can offer kudos ......but i can't give a kicker an MVP award.
that sir , would be communist.

bansaw
02-07-2012, 02:04 AM
he's great

what an amazing roster move, he just fit right in, perfect mentality.
looks like him, Tynes and Deossie really get along well

I said it as he ran out for the first one, HE's GOTTA BE HUGE FOR US TONIGHT ... and he was
if it wasnt for "whoever it was" that sat on the 1 instead of charging the ball and getting it around the 5 or 6. no way that should have been a touchback, buddy was looking for a poster shot. cant let a punt bounce there. he was perfect,

big players make big plays in big games

Firenugget
02-07-2012, 06:29 AM
Weatherford is the MAN!

No doubt about it and when you think that we had Dodge last year...Weatherford absolutely made Feagles retiring ok. Not to mention he's funny as hell.....

thank you Rexy.