PDA

View Full Version : pick your favorite ***

rainierjef
02-06-2012, 08:28 PM
so which one of the many bull**** calls by the refs this year was the one that you absolutely loved the most. </P>

mines was the Jennings possible ( <FONT color=#0000ff>calvin johnson rule</FONT> ) TD in our first meeting against the packers, thats when i knew that the refs call what they want to call and interpet what they want to interpet as far as rulings go. i think dragon soul has a link by mike pierria about the interpretation of a rule and how it can be deemed un called cause the refs wanted to let the players play the game out. </P>

so if thats the case are we even following the guidance in the rule book, are we really taking the time to review calls on repla or are we just deciding well were gonna let these guys play it out so im not going to call that lmao smfh</P>

rainierjef
02-07-2012, 12:17 AM
so which one of the many bull**** calls by the refs this year was the one that you absolutely loved the most. </p>

mines was the Jennings possible ( <font color="#0000ff">calvin johnson rule</font> ) TD in our first meeting against the packers, thats when i knew that the refs call what they want to call and interpet what they want to interpet as far as rulings go. i think dragon soul has a link by mike pierria about the interpretation of a rule and how it can be deemed un called cause the refs wanted to let the players play the game out. </p>

so if thats the case are we even following the guidance in the rule book, are we really taking the time to review calls on repla or are we just deciding well were gonna let these guys play it out so im not going to call that lmao smfh</p>

i know..... some of you have at least one horrendous call this season, that just made you want to crippler crossface your television

rainierjef
02-09-2012, 12:58 AM
i resurface this cause i really want to know i can't remember them all but a couple of buddies of mine are thinking of writing a petition to the commissioner.

after watching the sound fx and all the bull**** i saw you fan who chose to be like well we won just let it go are ignorant to the fact if...IF we lost that game you would of blew a lid. just cause we played through all the bull crap this season by officials doesn't make it right

2 no pass interference calls
1 holding call on JPP on the hail mary
1 defenseless receiver on nicks
and the wilfolk flop

I'm pretty sure there were calls we got away with but it doesn't make it right. officiating need to get better this is stupid now

THE_New_York_Giants
02-09-2012, 01:02 AM
I thought "dragging the ball carrier down" unnecessary roughness against Atlanta was golden.

ELIteManning
02-09-2012, 01:03 AM
Mine was definitely Jennings fumble in the playoff game that was originally called a fumble on the field and then we went to commercial break and when we returned it was no longer a fumble and then went to review and was still kept as a non fumble.

THE_New_York_Giants
02-09-2012, 01:05 AM
Mine was definitely Jennings fumble in the playoff game that was originally called a fumble on the field and then we went to commercial break and when we returned it was no longer a fumble and then went to review and was still kept as a non fumble.
That entire sequence of events was bull ****. I've never seen them let a play go through only for the ref to conveniently decide it never happened 15 seconds later, effectively forcing the other coach to use his challenge when the other coach would have been out of challenges.

zimonami
02-09-2012, 01:14 AM
so which one of the many bull**** calls by the refs this year was the one that you absolutely loved the most. </P>

mines was the Jennings possible ( <FONT color=#0000ff>calvin johnson rule</FONT> ) TD in our first meeting against the packers, thats when i knew that the refs call what they want to call and interpet what they want to interpet as far as rulings go. i think dragon soul has a link by mike pierria about the interpretation of a rule and how it can be deemed un called cause the refs wanted to let the players play the game out. </P>

so if thats the case are we even following the guidance in the rule book, are we really taking the time to review calls on repla or are we just deciding well were gonna let these guys play it out so im not going to call that lmao smfh</P>
I'd have to agree with you. That TD will always stand out in my mind. They give Runners a TD if the ball passes thru the end zone line for one nanosecond... and he doesn't need possession after that split second... yet, they always make a big deal about a receiver having possession all the way thru the catch. He never had a handle on that ball... then it was stripped away to seal the deal. I am still incredulous that the ref had the balls to come back and call it a TD, like the whole world was temporarily blind and didn't see the slo-mo replay showing he never had it in either hand.

bflo23
02-09-2012, 01:15 AM
2 no pass interference calls

1 holding call on JPP on the hail mary

1 defenseless receiver on nicks

and the wilfolk flop

I had a big problem with no interference call when it should have clearly put the giants in at least fg range to take the lead. The one when Moore pulled on Manningham's shoulder! Took away 3-7 points.

And the Wilfork flop was a real killer penalty. Stop giants from getting in at least fg range and then Pats scored td. Giants score 3-7 points and the pats most likely don't get the ball back in that half.

If the Giants got those 2 calls correctly, Giants would probably win the game 32-10.

Giants10Joe
02-09-2012, 01:17 AM
Who cares about the refs? Complaining about bad calls is for losing teams, not Super Bowl champions.

rainierjef
02-09-2012, 01:23 AM
Who cares about the refs? Complaining about bad calls is for losing teams, not Super Bowl champions.

not a diss to you bro but fans like you, who just say who cares we won are the same ones that cry the most when we do lose a big game to terrible calls. it doesn't bother you one bit that since the jets game we have been playing against opposing teams and refs all the way to the Super Bowl?

or that the refs in the super bowl were talking bout " don't count NE out." ? one ref was like a groupie when ocho came onto the field. or how about when welker missed that pass one ref was like " that was the game right there" as if they were rooting for the pats.

its cool if you don't care bur if you don't have anything to offer to this post/debate then just don't say anything

rainierjef
02-09-2012, 01:24 AM
I thought "dragging the ball carrier down" unnecessary roughness against Atlanta was golden.

i forgot about that one yeah that was a costly penalty

THE_New_York_Giants
02-09-2012, 01:28 AM

It wasn't costly, but I've never seen them say "tackling the running back is illegal"

rainierjef
02-09-2012, 01:28 AM

I'd have to agree with you. That TD will always stand out in my mind. They give Runners a TD if the ball passes thru the end zone line for one nanosecond... and he doesn't need possession after that split second... yet, they always make a big deal about a receiver having possession all the way thru the catch. He never had a handle on that ball... then it was stripped away to seal the deal. I am still incredulous that the ref had the balls to come back and call it a TD, like the whole world was temporarily blind and didn't see the slo-mo replay showing he never had it in either hand.

exactly.

the nerve of these analyst and opposing teams fans to call us luck the odds were stacked against us from the jump, that was the definition of that rule.

i think it was dragon soul who posted something that if i paraphrase it basically said refs can choose to call something or not regardless of the guidance on the ruling its all up to their interpretation of the call so there is no consistency in the refs on the field its whatever i feel like calling at the moment or I'm just gonna let them play so i won't call it. smfh

rainierjef
02-09-2012, 01:29 AM

It wasn't costly, but I've never seen them say "tackling the running back is illegal"

that was a -10 yarder right?

THE_New_York_Giants
02-09-2012, 01:30 AM

that was a -10 yarder right?
15 yard personal foul.

RagTime Blue
02-09-2012, 01:35 AM
The call that I think was the worst was also the one that made me the happiest:

In the game vs. Cardinals, Victor Cruz goes to the ground without being touched, puts the ball on the carpet and trots off without hearing a whistle.

Does anyone REALLY think Victor would stop running if he knew the play was live?

The Officials end up ruling that he "gave himself up". What a gift from the zebras!!!

People talk about all the calls that screwed us by the officials, but that was a horrendous call which helped us when we really needed a victory.

I'm a Giants fan, and I always will be, but let's not forget that there were some real garbage calls that went in our favor as well.

rainierjef
02-09-2012, 01:50 AM
The call that I think was the worst was also the one that made me the happiest:

*** In the game vs. Cardinals, Victor Cruz goes to the ground without being touched, puts the ball on the carpet and trots off without hearing a whistle.*

Does anyone REALLY think Victor would stop running if he knew the play was live?*

The Officials end up ruling that he "gave himself up".* What a gift from the zebras!!!

People talk about all the calls that screwed us by the officials, but that was a horrendous call which helped us when we really needed a victory.*

I'm a Giants fan, and I always will be, but let's not forget that there were some real garbage calls that went in our favor as well.

i read the rules on that and it should have been ruled a fumble. cause the whistle wasn't blown until after, i think the reason why they didn't call it cause he showed no intention to advance and was hurrying back to the huddle cause we were in no huddle mode at that time i believe if my memory served me correctly, but your right it should of been ruled a fumble.

like i said earlier we get b.s. calls too i am a fan of the giants but i am also a fan of football and bull**** by crap refs is bull**** i will not deny that, happy we got it but doesn't change the fact that it was bull****. but like i said its at the refs discretion wether he wanted to call that or not there is no consistency in officiating which is why they give us the bull**** excuses of interpretation.

anyone got the video on ?

raintheory
02-09-2012, 02:06 AM
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xlgasi_victor-cruz-fumble-vs-cardinals_sport

rule 7 section 1e

" dead ball, declared when a runner is out of bounds, or declares himself down by falling to the ground, or kneeling, and making no effort to advance."

that call was correct

RagTime Blue
02-09-2012, 10:59 AM
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xlgasi_victor-cruz-fumble-vs-cardinals_sport

rule 7 section 1e

" dead ball, declared when a runner is out of bounds, or declares himself down by falling to the ground, or kneeling, and <font size="6">making no effort to advance</font>."

that call was correct

I don't have the rule book in front of me, but if what you say is correct, then I stand corrected.

Giants10Joe
02-09-2012, 04:04 PM

not a diss to you bro but fans like you, who just say who cares we won are the same ones that cry the most when we do lose a big game to terrible calls. it doesn't bother you one bit that since the jets game we have been playing against opposing teams and refs all the way to the Super Bowl?

or that the refs in the super bowl were talking bout " don't count NE out." ? one ref was like a groupie when ocho came onto the field. or how about when welker missed that pass one ref was like " that was the game right there" as if they were rooting for the pats.

its cool if you don't care bur if you don't have anything to offer to this post/debate then just don't say anything

Win or lose, my attitude towards the refs is almost always "It is what it is. You just have to accept it," except for a blatantly bad call (and I mean really bad, the only call this season I thought fell into that category was the non-fumble call in the Packers playoff game).