PDA

View Full Version : Directions to the parade?

xbignick
02-06-2012, 09:33 PM
Hey. Big Giants fan here looking for some help. I live in Jersey City, NJ and wanted to go to the rally at Metlife Stadium tomorrow with my brother but according to google maps in order to get there I'll have to take approximately three buses during the timespan of an hour and a half to get there (it would be a 20 minute car-ride if I had a car for tomorrow). It actually wants me to go into New York so I can get to a place here in New Jersey. Efficient, eh?

So instead now we're planning to hit the parade. So I have a couple of questions that hopefully some people here can answer.

1. How early should I get there to get just a decent spot? Is 8-9AM good?
2. Since I'm in Jersey City I plan on taking the PATH to the World Trade Center stop. Should we take more transportation after that or can we walk (we don't mind walking)? Where would we line up? How far is the start from the World Trade Center stop versus the end? Seems the best spot to be would be the end.

Any other advice? Thanks fellow Big Blue Fans.

---
As a side note I was actually able to attend a Giants practice in the pre-season. Was talking to Jacobs and mentioned the Dream team and he laughed at that name. That day got Jacobs and Bradshaw to sign alternate sides of a mini helmet in different colors. Then also got the autographs of Hynoski, Ballard, Beckum, etc.
And here's to Craig Carton not being a coward and quitting!

xbignick
02-06-2012, 09:33 PM
Wow, would have signed up for this place sooner if I knew it didn't have a posting delay (like the MLB board for example carries a 24 hour posting delay between making your name and posting).

jppmvp90
02-06-2012, 09:35 PM
9 am is too late, i got there around then in 07 and didnt get any good spots. there was over 2 million people that year, tomorrow will there will be more they said. its really hard to get a good spot without getting there real early

xbignick
02-06-2012, 09:44 PM
Damn that's early. Reading the other threads on here it seems the rally is the place to be. Now I don't have a car but I might have a ride at 7:30AM. Do you think it'll be too early if I wait outside Metlife beginning at like 8? That's like seven hours, lol.

NYGRealityCheck
02-06-2012, 09:47 PM
N, R, W trains pretty much go down Broadway to City Hall.