PDA

View Full Version : Eli better than Brady?

LvGiants
02-06-2012, 09:57 PM
On ESPN First Take this morning, they had a discussion if Eli is the new Tom Brady. Rob Parker made the argument the Eli is BETTER than Brady is and ever was. While I am a die hard giants fan and absolutely love Eli, I do not agree with this statement. I do believe Eli is the 3rd best QB in the league, behind and Rodgers and Brady. However Brady has won 3 super bowls and been to 5. Thoughts? Try to leave the bias out of it.

EDIT: Also, if you do believe Brady is better, would you take Brady over Eli? While I believe Brady is better due to the body of work, I wouldn't trade Eli for any QB or player in the world..

Voldamort
02-06-2012, 09:58 PM
Right now he is!

stormblue
02-06-2012, 10:16 PM
'' better " is too broad of a term and subject to too much interpretation.

but i will say that Eli is better at the end
of the game . he is really clutch.

and whether or not he is a better all around QB than Brady.......i don't know , but i do know that Eli owns Brady as much as Brady owns
Payton.

bflo23
02-06-2012, 10:17 PM
On ESPN First Take this morning, they had a discussion if Eli is the new Tom Brady. Rob Parker made the argument the Eli is BETTER than Brady is and ever was. While I am a die hard giants fan and absolutely love Eli, I do not agree with this statement. I do believe Eli is the 3rd best QB in the league, behind and Rodgers and Brady. However Brady has won 3 super bowls and been to 5. Thoughts? Try to leave the bias out of it.

EDIT: Also, if you do believe Brady is better, would you take Brady over Eli? While I believe Brady is better due to the body of work, I wouldn't trade Eli for any QB or player in the world.

Do you mean regular season or post season? If you mean post season, Eli has been better in his playoff than Brady than ever was. Look at the post season stats. There are 2 halves with Brady. The 10-0 Brady with 100 QB rating (before spygate) and the 6-6 Brady with like 70 QB rating (after spygate). If you take away that fluky Denver game with his 6 TDs, Brady has more interceptions than TDs in his last 12 playoff games. Using spies to tape signals and opponents practices matters and you can clearly see the difference. It is night and day. And people talk about the 3 championships but lets not forget that bogus "tuck rule" game when Brady clearly fumbled and had 2 hands on the ball at the time. Worst call ever in nfl playoff history.

PS. Eli and Brady have the exact same playoff winning percentage but Eli's wins have been far more impressive. And Eli also beat Brady 2 straight super bowls!

swordfish
02-06-2012, 10:18 PM
Everyone chill, Brady is the better QB and I am a Giants fan since 81, if you gave Tom the weapons that Eli has at WR and RB, that team would be ridiculous, but since Robert Craft is cheap and keeps moving out of his draft spots to pick higher "more picks" and cheaper players "thinking that BB can make them all great", that trend has done nothing for his star QB, the owner is just wasting away his HOF QB.

No QB alone can become a star, you need star players around you to make it happen, heck the guy did it with a small slot WR and two tight ends, seriously. And don't tell me none of you where sweating it out real bad after they scored to make it 17-9, give the guy some respect, Tom Brady is and has been the NE franchise.

Do you think that Brady would like to have someone like Mario Maninham "free agent" to throw to deep, even Brady was impressed with that sideline catch, you think NE will have a little talk with Marios agent this off-season.

LvGiants
02-06-2012, 10:20 PM
'' better " is too broad of a term and subject to too much interpretation.

but i will say that Eli is better at the end
of the game . he is really clutch.

and whether or not he is a better all around QB than Brady.......i don't know , but i do know that Eli owns Brady as much as Brady owns
Payton.

I think Rob Parker was making the argument that Eli is better than Brady in every stage of the game. Peyton is better than Eli, but Eli is so much better in the clutch than his brother.

bflo23
02-06-2012, 10:26 PM
Everyone chill, Brady is the better QB and I am a Giants fan since 81, if you gave Tom the weapons that Eli has at WR and RB, that team would be ridiculous, but since Robert Craft is cheap and keeps moving out of his draft spots to pick higher "more picks" and cheaper players "thinking that BB can make them all great", that trend has done nothing for his star QB, the owner is just wasting away his HOF QB.

No QB alone can become a star, you need star players around you to make it happen, heck the guy did it with a small slot WR and two tight ends, seriously. And don't tell me none of you where sweating it out real bad after they scored to make it 17-9, give the guy some respect, Tom Brady is and has been the NE franchise.

Do you think that Brady would like to have someone like Mario Maninham "free agent" to throw to deep, even Brady was impressed with that sideline catch, you think NE will have a little talk with Marios agent this off-season.

Funny how so many analysts were actually preferring the Patriots weapons over the Giants weapons..........(1569 yards/122 receptions) Welker, Gronk (all time record breaking 1327 yards/17 TDs), a versatile Aaron Hernandez with nearly 1,000 receiving yards who can also run and Deion Branch with +700 yards.......

Poor Brady. How does he survive with these scrub players? Brady also had a scrub player named Randy Moss in 2007. LOL.... Tell that to Jay Cutler.

dave56dj
02-06-2012, 10:30 PM
Big blue fan all the way - this conversation is meaningless - peyton and brady are better - but our boy is DAMN good and he helped his team win 2 superbowls - let it go - the guy is great and he is his own player.

bflo23
02-06-2012, 10:33 PM
Who is the better QB in playoff time?

dave56dj
02-06-2012, 10:44 PM
Umm brady has 3 rings - id rather have that - why are we arguing this - eli is a great - did he play better yesterday - YES, does that mean he is better all time NO - but he is still the greatest Q we have ever had - why cant that be enough for fans.

MichaelFerko
02-06-2012, 10:46 PM
Eli was better when it counted... Makes it twice now that he has led the Giants to a Super Bowl victory over the Patriots.....But Tom was playing against the 31st ranked defense in the league. & Tom had some good throws today, but his receivers dropped the passes! Tom has been to 5 sb's and won 3 which is more than Eli.

bflo23
02-06-2012, 10:47 PM
Umm brady has 3 rings - id rather have that - why are we arguing this - eli is a great - did he play better yesterday - YES, does that mean he is better all time NO - but he is still the greatest Q we have ever had - why cant that be enough for fans.

The question isn't who has more rings.... Is Bradshaw better than Brady because of rings? Is Dilfer better than Marino because of rings?

dave56dj
02-06-2012, 10:50 PM
Ok then how bout you use stats and dont decide which ones to use - throw them all out there and you will see brady is ungodly - give it up man. Enjoy the win - enjoy a great QB - why does he have to better then brady or his brother. Let it go.

BParcells777
02-06-2012, 10:51 PM
Eli is better than Brady outright, but not yet as good as Rodgers or Brees

No one else is close

bflo23
02-06-2012, 10:56 PM
Ok then how bout you use stats and dont decide which ones to use - throw them all out there and you will see brady is ungodly - give it up man. Enjoy the win - enjoy a great QB - why does he have to better then brady or his brother. Let it go.

I already showed you the playoff stats. I told you that Eli Manning has better QB rating in the playoffs.

If you want to ignore that Brady is 6-6 with 70 QB rating in his last 12 playoff games, go ahead. Take away that fluky denver game and Brady has MORE INTERCEPTIONS than TDs. Do you really want to compare the playoff stats between Brady and Eli especially last 12 playoff games?

dave56dj
02-06-2012, 10:58 PM
on the day after our superbowl victory the last thing i will do is prove to you that brady is a better career qb - sad you cant be unbias and realize it. GO BLUE - I love eli and im damn happy he is OUR qb.

bflo23
02-06-2012, 11:09 PM
on the day after our superbowl victory the last thing i will do is prove to you that brady is a better career qb - sad you cant be unbias and realize it. GO BLUE - I love eli and im damn happy he is OUR qb.

I am not talking about career regular season stats. We know that Brady has better regular season stats. I am strictly talking about playoff stats and Eli has better stats. Why I prefer Eli over Brady in the playoffs?

1. Same exact winning percentages
2. Brady is 6-6 with 70 qb rating in last 12 (after spygate)
3. Head-to-head? Eli has beaten Brady in 2 super bowls
4. Eli has more epic playoff wins... Brady wins are pretty tame.
5. Take away fluky denver game and Brady has more interceptions than TDs (last 12 games)
6. When did Brady ever have a playoff run like Eli? About 110 QB rating with 9 TDs, 1 INT.

The list goes on and on. Brady isn't Joe Montana and isn't even close to putting up Montana playoff stats.

Mr. Zolo
02-06-2012, 11:11 PM

EDIT: Also, if you do believe Brady is better, would you take Brady over Eli? While I believe Brady is better due to the body of work, I wouldn't trade Eli for any QB or player in the world..

Rob Paker also said that the Falcons were clearly the better team then the Giants before their playoff game, and this was after he bashed Atlanta as a crappy sports town. That guy is all over the place.

Is Eli better then Brady? I say no. He is right up there with Brady now, but I see neither as being the better one. They are on equal footing as far as I am concerned.

Giantsin04
02-06-2012, 11:40 PM
5 years ago, Brady was a god. He was basically undefeated in the playoffs with three rings and two superbowl MVP's. He was on a path for goat.

Since then, he has been a good to great regular season QB with a pretty ordinay playoff resume.

Eli's playoff resume over the last 5 years greatly dwarfs Brady's. He has also out played him in their last three meetings and has two rings with matching mvp's to boot.

What does this mean? No clue. Maybe, Tom is (or was) an all time great. And now Eli is is putting together a career that could go down as an all time great.

CDN_G-FAN
02-06-2012, 11:45 PM
over his entire career, there is no question brady is better.

this year? Eli is better, and not just the last game either.

pj18
02-07-2012, 12:27 AM
I'd trade Eli for Romo in a heartbeat.

Harooni
02-07-2012, 12:34 AM
id take brady over Eli for the middle of the games, and eli on 2min drills and 4th quarter , is that fair?

Zaggs
02-07-2012, 12:36 AM
Comparing them since Eli has come into the league and yes, Eli is better. Doesn't Brady have like 4 or 5 years on Eli?

LvGiants
02-07-2012, 12:45 AM
id take brady over Eli for the middle of the games, and eli on 2min drills and 4th quarter* , is that fair?

haha no?
That's like saying you'd take Aaron Rodgers for the 1st quarter. Drew Brees for the 2nd quarter. Tom Brady for the 3rd quarter. And Eli for the fourth....personally I'd take Eli in all four:D

LvGiants
02-07-2012, 12:46 AM

Who wouldn't?

LvGiants
02-07-2012, 12:46 AM

Who wouldn't?

scoopscj
02-07-2012, 12:47 AM
I'll just leave this here.... enjoy...

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0206/pg2_cap0206b_576.jpg

XxBigWhitxX
02-07-2012, 12:48 AM
doesn't eli currently have the most post season wins for any single QB in NFL history? either that our road/neutral victories. maybe both.

XxBigWhitxX
02-07-2012, 12:49 AM

that...is...just...GREAT.

Harooni
02-07-2012, 12:52 AM
id take brady over Eli for the middle of the games, and eli on 2min drills and 4th quarter , is that fair?

haha no?
That's like saying you'd take Aaron Rodgers for the 1st quarter. Drew Brees for the 2nd quarter. Tom Brady for the 3rd quarter. And Eli for the fourth....personally I'd take Eli in all four:D

lol actually i liked your idea better. lol except if there is 2min drill needed before half time id put eli in.

i often thought why not a 2 qb system. it works for RB's.

LvGiants

oh.....my.....gatos....please tell me where you got that?!

bflo23
doesn't eli currently have the most post season wins for any single QB in NFL history? either that our road/neutral victories. maybe both.

Yes... Eli is a beast.

scoopscj
02-07-2012, 12:53 AM
espn page 2. Link HERE (http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/)

There is also a blank one with just the speech bubble. Great stuff.

bansaw
02-07-2012, 12:54 AM
the guy is flat out clutch