PDA

View Full Version : adios jacobs... hello ___?

yay football
02-06-2012, 10:02 PM
b. jacobs' time here is over, yea? even with the strong finish.. i think it's got to be time for both sides to move on.

who do we replace him with? some one who can actually be reliable on short yardage would be nice..

mike tolbert?

MikeIsaGiant
02-06-2012, 10:03 PM
I'd take Tolbert, but I want michael bush

jppmvp90
02-06-2012, 10:05 PM
bush would be a sick tandem with bradshaw

LvGiants
02-06-2012, 10:06 PM
Am I the only one that wants to keep Jacobs? At least for the rest of his contract.

JacobsTheJuggernaut
02-06-2012, 10:10 PM
Am I the only one that wants to keep Jacobs? At least for the rest of his contract.

I am a big Jacobs fan, I would like to keep him. But I don't believe the Giants will ever give him the carries he used to get. I'd be happy to see him go to another team and do well.

Either way he'll always been one of my favorite players.

yay football
02-06-2012, 10:11 PM

i don't think he'll have too much more to give (physically i mean.. orally, sure, but we really don't need any more of that).

we need a better option for short yardage.. bush would be sweet but i wonder if OAK will let him go. that's why i mentioned tolbert. dude's a bowling ball..

MikeIsaGiant
02-06-2012, 10:14 PM

i don't think he'll have too much more to give (physically i mean.. orally, sure, but we really don't need any more of that).*

we need a better option for short yardage.. bush would be sweet but i wonder if OAK will let him go.* that's why i mentioned tolbert.* dude's a bowling ball..

Yeah I "want" Bush but seeing Oakland give him up might be a pipe dream.

I'd take Tolbert in a heart beat

I Bleed Blue 56
02-06-2012, 10:18 PM
Jacobs is gone he pretty much said it last night when he was interviewed. Wish eli the best like he knew he was gone after this wish someone had it on you tube. Sounded like hes ready to go somewhere else. I always like jacobs for his punishing style but its time to move on we need more consistancy from our RB's and with Bradshaw staying hurt its time to look elsewhere.

NYfanatic
02-06-2012, 10:21 PM
Jacobs thinks the team should be kept together to win another championship. NO!
he has a $6mil cap hit and needs to go
cut Mckenzie and Diehl as well.
We need to get younger at oline and a new power back.
You got to keep improving to win more championships.
Keep this team looking new and no team will know what is coming!

GiantFanatic55
02-06-2012, 10:21 PM

He's due 4.4 million next year and that's way too much to pay him for the inconstancy in his production

gmen0820
02-06-2012, 10:31 PM
Lamar Miller or a cheap Peyton Hillis.

NY_Eli
02-06-2012, 10:32 PM
Dolly!

SackingMyths
02-06-2012, 10:38 PM

i don't think he'll have too much more to give (physically i mean.. orally, sure, but we really don't need any more of that).

we need a better option for short yardage.. bush would be sweet but i wonder if OAK will let him go. that's why i mentioned tolbert. dude's a bowling ball..

Yeah, I'd love to get Bush, but he's shown the ability to be a feature back. He could be costly. Add to it that McFadden is fragile, and the Raiders would be wise to keep him.

gmen0820
02-06-2012, 10:56 PM

i don't think he'll have too much more to give (physically i mean.. orally, sure, but we really don't need any more of that).*

we need a better option for short yardage.. bush would be sweet but i wonder if OAK will let him go.* that's why i mentioned tolbert.* dude's a bowling ball..

Yeah, I'd love to get Bush, but he's shown the ability to be a feature back. He could be costly. Add to it that McFadden is fragile, and the Raiders would be wise to keep him.
So basically you're saying the Raiders will let him walk?

SackingMyths
02-06-2012, 11:00 PM

So basically you're saying the Raiders will let him walk?

Essentially [:P]

bLuereverie
02-06-2012, 11:01 PM

He'll take a massive paycut before his bonus is due in March.

radar-ray
02-07-2012, 12:07 AM
Am I the only one that wants to keep Jacobs? At least for the rest of his contract.I'm with you. I'll leave the $$$ up to JR & BJ to hash out.

Zaggs
02-07-2012, 12:10 AM

I'd like to keep him. I think alot of the rushing problems this year were more of the Oline than the backs. Jacobs needs momentum to be a force, alot of times this year the defense got in the back field or the line got no push so it was easy to tackle him. Plus I don't see Tolbert or Bush being available.

ShockeyShow
02-07-2012, 12:22 AM

I'd like to keep him.* I think alot of the rushing problems this year were more of the Oline than the backs.* Jacobs needs momentum to be a force, alot of times this year the defense got in the back field or the line got no push so it was easy to tackle him.* Plus I don't see Tolbert or Bush being available.

Very true. Both he and Bradshaw were 1000 yard rushers in our last SB season

stormin normand
02-07-2012, 01:19 AM
No you're not the only one.

JJC7301
02-07-2012, 01:21 AM
I'm more concerned with improving the O-line. Maybe the running game would improve, then.

I'm not convinced the BJ is done. The o-line is not what it was.