PDA

View Full Version : Mannigham Wants to Stay!

Pakman
02-06-2012, 10:23 PM
Just heard on ESPN radio that he says he wants to resign with the Giants.

Well that's a good thing, hopefully we can make it happen.

NY_Eli
02-06-2012, 10:26 PM
Good to hear, though I wouldn't expect anything else the day after the superbowl

MikeIsaGiant
02-06-2012, 10:27 PM
Hope he doesn't want a HUGE contract, sign him then.

He's been impressive, all of our receivers are so good

Spizi
02-06-2012, 10:29 PM
didn't steve smith want to stay too?

Pakman
02-06-2012, 10:30 PM

Did he?

GiantFanatic55
<span class="st">Well seeing as Rosenhaus is his agent, i expect him to be out of the Giants price range
</span>

jppmvp90
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ talks

bubblesmcgee
02-06-2012, 10:31 PM

Did he?

he said he did

NY_Eli
02-06-2012, 10:31 PM

Did he?

He does now

BrianK
02-06-2012, 10:32 PM
didn't steve smith want to stay too?LOL let us dream a little bit....

gmen0820
I'd rather resign Steve Smith.

Scarfacee71
I will be forever grateful for the plays he's made for us, but it wont hurt me to see him go. The kid is so dumb. Like.. he cant read the coverage.

I 100% believe that Eli quote of run the right route or I wont throw you the ball was completely directed at Manningham. He has so much talent but him and Eli have just had so many miscommunications. Big missed 3rd downs, interceptions. Thats the stuff I thought of when I thought manningham prior to yesterday

I cant hate him right now, but he's certainly never been my favorite. I'd love to have him back at a good price though.

jppmvp90
02-06-2012, 10:34 PM
sadly, he will be a jet or skin

bflo23
02-06-2012, 10:36 PM

Did he?

he said he did

best signature picture ever.

egyptian420
02-06-2012, 10:36 PM
I'm just happy Eli is playing as good as he is.

I trust our coaching staff to make the best choice of who becomes #3 after Nicks and Cruz. They don't even have to be too spectacular.

Pakman
02-06-2012, 10:40 PM

If this were possible..

I bet anything Steve Smith never makes a huge play like Mannigham...forget Super Bowl I bet he couldn't do it in a preseason game.

**** him

NWKEffectElement
02-06-2012, 10:45 PM
I could see him signing with the Texans across from Johnson. Or the Phins especially if they somehow get Peyton. He earned himself a nice payday after this game. Maybe something in the range of a 3yr/16mil with 9mil guaranteed.

gmen0820
02-06-2012, 10:53 PM

If this were possible..

I bet anything Steve Smith never makes a huge play like Mannigham...forget Super Bowl I bet he couldn't do it in a preseason game.

**** himManningham isn't a fit in our system. It is my belief that this system requires savvy, smart and meticulous players because of it's complexity. I think a separation is a win for everyone, none more than Manningham.

No hard feelings on my part for Smith. His departure allowed Cruz to emerge and now he can come back and play the slot and do what he does. If that bone bruise was merely a bone bruise, then he will be 100% next year.

radar-ray
02-06-2012, 11:58 PM

If this were possible..

**** himAgree! Keep this wr group together!

bigblue4417
02-07-2012, 12:00 AM
**** him, how dare you even utter that name at a time like this?! lol

M0rbid
02-07-2012, 12:01 AM
Money talks.

ShockeyShow
02-07-2012, 12:09 AM
Jernigan or one of the new kids will eventually provide the same service at a cheaper price than what Manningham will want. If they work it out, great, if not....it's been great Rio!

Eli is going to get better and better with Nicks and Cruz. Ballard and Beckum as well when healthy. But we need to draft OLine most importantly and pick someone up in Free agency

pj18
02-07-2012, 12:29 AM
Of course he's gonna say he wants to stay and I bet he actually does, but if the money is elsewhere he's going to take it. He deserves to get paid, just a matter of how much and who's going to offer him it.

bansaw
02-07-2012, 12:50 AM
WOULD YOU WANT TO LEAVE THIS TEAM?

he saw what extra money gets you...not a ring. this Team is tight, players are going to want to come here and be a part of this.
In this day and age you dont see many teams buy in like our guys did, I think we're seeing something special right now

MikeIsaGiant
02-07-2012, 12:52 AM
Don't understand how these idiots just won a super bowl, a team that can win more SBs together, how can they want to go for for a little extra money?

It's idiotic

VelocityVirus
02-07-2012, 01:02 AM
Don't understand how these idiots just won a super bowl, a team that can win more SBs together, how can they want to go for for a little extra money?

It's idiotic

At the end of the day a ring isn't gonna pay the mortgage, or if that's your cup of tea, that new gold mouthpiece or whatever the hell these ridiculous kids wear nowadays.

Redeyejedi
02-07-2012, 01:05 AM

It's idiotic I completly disagree. I never blame players for putting themselves and families first.They can get cut at any time and there careers are short u take the money when its offered

rainierjef
02-07-2012, 01:13 AM
your nuts

rainierjef
02-07-2012, 01:15 AM

It's idiotic I completly disagree. I never blame players for putting themselves and families first.They can get cut at any time and there careers are short u take the money when its offered
this exactly you can't blame players for wanting stability and security in a sport that doesn't offer either on a game to game basis. which is why i dont hate osi hes produced and just wants some more dollars players like crabtree who just come into the league and sits out cause hes not getting the money he thinks he deserves thats the idiots that dont deserve ****

BlueBlooded1979
02-07-2012, 01:21 AM
<span class="st">Well seeing as Rosenhaus is his agent, i expect him to be out of the Giants price range
</span>

Surprisingly the Giants actually have an excellent relationship with Drew even though they do not throw money around like some teams do.

JJC7301
02-07-2012, 01:24 AM
It's always about the $$, and I don't blame him or anyone else. He's a # 2 on many other teams, and a # 1 on some others.

bansaw
02-07-2012, 02:07 AM
</span>

Surprisingly the Giants actually have an excellent relationship with Drew even though they do not throw money around like some teams do.I think a lot of guys want to be a part of this too, and he runs a lot of guys
for some guys its not always money, and Rosenhaus adapted to this new market first, he's not like he was in the T.O days that is for sure

MattMeyerBud
02-07-2012, 09:00 AM

and I want a lap dance from JLo - i think i got a better shot

bandwgn86
02-07-2012, 09:11 AM

I think you could get one from Jared Lorenzen.. Hefty lefty probably could use a little money on the side..

MattMeyerBud
02-07-2012, 09:25 AM

I think you could get one from Jared Lorenzen.. Hefty lefty probably could use a little money on the side..

hahha touche

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n229/tdoggsdca/132480_JenniferLopezAss_jpg7a6f1733.jpg

was referring to her though ;)

MattMeyerBud
02-07-2012, 09:26 AM
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n229/tdoggsdca/132480_JenniferLopezAss_jpg7a6f1733.jpg

I Bleed Blue
02-07-2012, 09:26 AM

If this were possible..

**** himManningham isn't a fit in our system. It is my belief that this system requires savvy, smart and meticulous players because of it's complexity. I think a separation is a win for everyone, none more than Manningham.

No hard feelings on my part for Smith. His departure allowed Cruz to emerge and now he can come back and play the slot and do what he does. If that bone bruise was merely a bone bruise, then he will be 100% next year.

WOW! Are you serious? What is wrong with some of you on here? At least he held onto the ball in the big game, and not coughed it up like his fellow wide receivers did. This guy cannot make a mistake without being thrown under the bus, but the other receivers can, and all you hear is crickets on this board when they do. We need to keep this trio together, if it's possible.

MattMeyerBud
02-07-2012, 09:38 AM

If this were possible..

WOW! Are you serious? What is wrong with some of you on here? At least he held onto the ball in the big game, and not coughed it up like his fellow wide receivers did. This guy cannot make a mistake without being thrown under the bus, but the other receivers can, and all you hear is crickets on this board when they do. We need to keep this trio together, if it's possible.

i agree

this disdain for Mario has been stupid, i've been saying that since before the superbowl

BUT, we won't have the money to keep him

gumby742
02-07-2012, 09:52 AM
It's either Manningham or Cruz (2013). Front office has got to pick one. You don't pay a #3 WR 5+ million which i'm guessing both Manningham and Cruz should command.

giantsfan39
02-07-2012, 12:23 PM

If this were possible..

Smith isn't a fit for this system either. he is slow and can't stretch the field.

Plus Cruz had most of his production from the slot. Why would you move him to split end?

gmen0820
02-07-2012, 04:45 PM
There is no disdain for Mario on my part. I think he's a great player, but this kind of complex offensive scheme we run is not necessarily a great fit for him. What his production warrants, in dollar terms, from us is pennies on the dollar to the kind of receiver he could be on the Packers or Saints etc.

It is my opinion that Steve Smith provides us a way cheaper and consistent option out of the slot. And I personally think that Cruz would be more effective as an X or a Y receiver.

We resign Mario, the third option on the team, it hinders our ability to resign our priority guys next year. Smith gives us flexibility and consistency.

CDN_G-FAN
02-07-2012, 04:47 PM
didn't steve smith want to stay too? Did he?</P>

absolutely.</P>

they all say this.</P>

</P>

it doesn't mean anything until they start talking numbers.</P>

</P>

No offense to MM, but it's a empty comment.</P>

gmen0820
02-07-2012, 04:49 PM
Smith isn't a fit for this system either. he is slow and can't stretch the field.

Plus Cruz had most of his production from the slot. Why would you move him to split end?
Smith doesn't fit Gilbrides system? The one he previously excelled in?

And I think Cruz has a higher ceiling as an X or a Y receiver then a slot guy. Plus, you put a consistent and reliable slot guy to alleviate pressure from Cruz and Nicks and that's an incredible force.

That's not even taking into consideration the business aspect of the game. If Manningham and Smith can both come at the same price, I go with Manningham, but that's not gonna happen, not even with the fact that this WR free agent crop is loaded.

gmen0820
02-07-2012, 04:54 PM
WOW! Are you serious? What is wrong with some of you on here? At least he held onto the ball in the big game, and not coughed it up like his fellow wide receivers did. This guy cannot make a mistake without being thrown under the bus, but the other receivers can, and all you hear is crickets on this board when they do. We need to keep this trio together, if it's possible.When exactly have I thrown Manningham under the bus? Just curious.

gmen0820
02-07-2012, 04:56 PM
your nuts
What about them?

PRFan
02-07-2012, 05:08 PM
I gotta say I want Cruz playing the slot on the 3 receivers set and Smith is too slow to play outside.

CDN_G-FAN
02-07-2012, 05:14 PM
I gotta say I want Cruz playing the slot on the 3 receivers set and Smith is too slow to play outside.</P>

i don't think it matters where you play Cruz at this point.</P>

Smith can still play the outside, even if he is slower.</P>

Deon Branch does it.</P>