PDA

View Full Version : Thought this earned its own thread. Eli 2 SBs in less time then Peytons 1st SB

DragonSoul
02-06-2012, 10:46 PM
Do you guys realize that Eli has 2 SB wins while in the same time (years in the league) Peyton had 0 Sb wins.

Peyton got his 1st SB appearance and win in his 9th year in the league, and his next opportunity came in his 12th year, that he lost.

So technically Eli could get his 3rd SB trophy in the same amount of time (9 years) it took Peyton to get his 1st.

Imho that is pretty impressive, considering we were not a stacked team, in either of those runs.

Voldamort
02-26-2012, 08:28 PM
I hope Eli FINISHES WITH 5 rings!!!

RoanokeFan
02-26-2012, 08:36 PM
I look forward to the day when we see Eli for who he is instead of whose brother he is.

bLuereverie
02-26-2012, 08:42 PM
I look forward to the day when we see Eli for who he is instead of whose brother he is.

I dread that day in that it will occur when Eli has retired and we commence the era of Dave Brown, Danny Kanell and Kent Graham jrs.

scoopscj
02-26-2012, 08:43 PM

Well said.

Harooni
02-26-2012, 10:34 PM
giants D> colts D

GmenFan1980
02-26-2012, 10:49 PM
giants D> colts D

http://www.mrtees.com/images/AndYourPointIs.gif

:D

TheBookOfEli
02-26-2012, 10:56 PM
I think people need to realize that Eli had one of the best seasons a NFL QB has ever had! He's more than Elite. He's AMAZING.

He passed for the most yards and win a Superbowl in the same season.

He passed for almost 6,200 yards, 35 TD's (including the playoffs.)

Eli keeps it up, he'll go down as one of the all time greats.

GCGiant
02-27-2012, 05:54 AM
giants D> colts D

You do realize who said that, right? His point is that Peyton is better than Eli and that if Peyton had Eli's defense he would have won more SB's...right Harooni?

Firenugget
02-27-2012, 06:48 AM
giants D> colts D

You do realize who said that, right? His point is that Peyton is better than Eli and that if Peyton had Eli's defense he would have won more SB's...right Harooni?

It's hard to argue...I love Eli and wouldn't trade having him but if Peyton was here, yeah he probably would have won one sooner and more than one I'd say. But who cares? We have 2 SB's in 4 years...I'm happy.

SweetZombieJesus
02-27-2012, 08:40 AM

nygsb42champs
02-27-2012, 09:10 AM
If Eli can keep this up he will have bragging rights in his family forever.

Diamondring
02-27-2012, 09:14 AM
giants D> colts D

You do realize who said that, right? His point is that Peyton is better than Eli and that if Peyton had Eli's defense he would have won more SB's...right Harooni?Yet that still means nothing since if the defense was real good, then there is no need for the qb to have monsterous stats right?

Diamondring
02-27-2012, 09:18 AM
giants D> colts D

It's hard to argue...I love Eli and wouldn't trade having him but if Peyton was here, yeah he probably would have won one sooner and more than one I'd say. But who cares? We have 2 SB's in 4 years...I'm happy.
You wouldn't know that sore sure and I think that in some years, Peyton had a decent defense.

Diamondring
02-27-2012, 09:21 AM
Eli is more impressive since he had to deal with new receivers almost every two years or so? Then the scheme he is in is kind of difficult because more options in a offense has, the more the qbs throw within the play that is made. That can result in big mistakes.

Moss#83
02-27-2012, 09:22 AM
Do you guys realize that Eli has 2 SB wins while in the same time (years in the league) Peyton had 0 Sb wins.

Peyton got his 1st SB appearance and win in his 9th year in the league, and his next opportunity came in his 12th year, that he lost.

So technically Eli could get his 3rd SB trophy in the same amount of time (9 years) it took Peyton to get his 1st.

Imho that is pretty impressive, considering we were not a stacked team, in either of those runs.Lol Peyton had 3td and 7 int in his Super Bowl year. Bu of course we are made to believe he always has had terrible defenses. LOL

TuckYou
02-27-2012, 09:26 AM
I hope Eli FINISHES WITH 5 rings!!!</P>

He still would be questioned about being an elite QB, or a HOFer... Haters gunna hate.</P>

Diamondring
02-27-2012, 09:59 AM
I hope Eli FINISHES WITH 5 rings!!!</P>

He still would be questioned about being an elite QB, or a HOFer... Haters gunna hate.</P>I know you aint lying because Eli has two Superbowl Wins and some still act like his performance was like Trent Differ's. Superbowl Win against us. I hate saying the last part.

burier
02-27-2012, 11:27 AM
giants D> colts D

I find the Eli Vs Peyton stuff boring but there's no way I can agree that Peyton would have had greater success than Eli if Peyton were here. Maybe he would have. But I doubt it.

Peytons one Superbowl ring came when his Defense decided to turn it on for a playoff run.

I can't imagine Peyton's regular season prowess would have been the same in Giants Stadium or the Met compared to his indoor heroics.

Not to mention having to deal with Dallas and Philly in order to win the division.

I'd say Marshall Faulk/Edgerin James/ Joseph Addai are greater than Tiki Barber Brandon Jacobs/Derek Ward/Ahmad Bradshaw.

I'd also say Marvin Harrison/Reggie Wayne
Are greater than Plaxico Burress/Amani Toomer.

I'd also say Dallas Clark is greater than Jeremy Shockey/Kevin Boss./Jake Ballard/Travis Beckum

If the circumstances were exactly the same Peyton would have to deal with continuity issues with the offensive coordinator, Major continuity issues with the defensive coordinator,

Continuity issues with the Oline and WR positions.

A selfish half back
Selfish TE
Selfish WR.

I mean the two rings that Eli has are not normal rings that teams get because they did what they were supposed to do as serious Championship contenders.

Eli's two rings are basically miracles that he made happen in large part.

Its like lightling striking twice. Or three times as it were

Doubtful Peyton could repeat that.

DragonSoul
02-27-2012, 04:21 PM
giants D> colts D

You wouldn't know that sore sure and I think that in some years, Peyton had a decent defense.people forget about the defenses Eli has had. This years horrible defense till the end. W/o Eli and a few plays by Cruz and JPP it would have been to late 4 the defense to have helped if they waited.

Or the year or two we had a lot of injuries on defense, better yet BILL SHERIDAN

Drez
02-27-2012, 05:37 PM
giants D&gt; colts D
</P>

Not this year we weren't. I'll concede that we were better in '07, but definitely not this season.</P>

Here's Indy's defensive rankings for both the regular and post-season in both their SB years:</P>

<U>2006</U>: </P>

Reg: 21st in yds at 332.25/ypg
23rd in pts at 22.5/ppg

Pst: 1st in yds at 238.5/ypg
1st in pts at 12/ppg</P>

<U>2009</U>:</P>

Reg: 18th in yds at 339.2/ypg
8th in ptsat 19.2/ppg</P>

Pst: There wasn't a significant difference in their averages between the regular and post-season.</P>

Here's the Giants' numbers from this past year:</P>

<U>2011</U>:</P>

Reg: 27th in yds at 376/ypg
25th in pts at 25/ppg

Pst: 3rd in yds at 328/ypg
1st in pts at 14/ppg</P>

So, our regular season stats were significantly worse than either of those teams, and the SB winning Colts team had a better defense across the board than we did. Compared to the SB losing team our ypg were very close to the Colts, but our ppg was a bit better. Overall though, I don't think you can really make the claim that our defense was so much more superior to the Colts as to assign that as the difference.</P>

DragonSoul
02-27-2012, 10:46 PM
People forgot that the year they won the SB in Indy, the defense and even the run game played @ a different level.

The pass in Indys 2nd sb that Peyton threw pretty much cost them that game.

People seem to 4 get many of these points. A lot of Micros make a great Macro problem.

miked1958
02-27-2012, 11:41 PM

When it's all said and done, Peyton will be referred to as the brother of Eli. Not the other way around

BurnerNYG
02-28-2012, 03:00 AM
Eli is the King Of NY, The Big Apple, Gotham, Metropolis. Peyton is the QB who played for Indianapolis that won a SB, lost another and is now about to be replaced by a rookie.

Peyton is a great regular season QB who played in a dome... Eli is a clutch playoff QB who wins on the road in hostile environments. Peyton's nemesis is Tom Brady... Eli's b##ch is Tom Brady. Eli has 2 rings against 2 great Patriot teams... Peyton has one against a Rex Grossman led Bears team.

Like the above poster said... when it's all said and done, Peyton is gonna be remembered as Eli's brother... not the other way around.

Toadofsteel
02-28-2012, 03:15 AM
The point of whether Peyton would accomplish more in NY than in indy is moot because Peyton would spontaneously combust under NY media scrutiny. Eli, on the other hand, was forged into the hardest steel in the same fire.

GMen869007
02-28-2012, 03:38 AM
I don't know that Peyton is cut out for NY. In America's Game, he said he was asked if he looks forward to playing New England, and he said "No, I'd rather play the worst team in the league, Oakland"...and said that he had trouble sleeping for a week as the New England game approached in the playoffs.

Would you hear any of that come out of Eli's mouth? Wouldn't it be more along the lines of "That's the way you want it to be, I really don't think too much about it but you want to play your nemesis, and the best team in the league"....with that goofy grin, and that Eli-rhetoric tone that he uses in press conferences? This guy is as calm as they come in the clutch, Peyton is not. I see Peyton with his back against a wall trying to force things, while Eli seems to rise to the occasion because he seems to have the mentality of "We have 2 minutes to win it" That calm factor was a big part of our 2 SB wins as we had to come back many times, and also put 2 late drives together in the SB against those very Patriots. The drive in SB XLII was pretty nerve wracking, but by the time of SB XLVI he made it look routine.

foosball
02-28-2012, 03:48 AM

QFT

EA didn't say he had a little Peyton in him, he said he had a litttle Unitas in him. That's what I see. A QB who is phased by nothing, that's who Eli Manning is.