PDA

View Full Version : Who are our Overpaids, Underpaids and Free Agents

BParcells777
02-06-2012, 09:48 PM
JPP, Blackburn, Osi, Cruz UnderPaid

MacKenzie, Jacobs, Baas Overpaid

FA's?

Are we going to be able to keep this team intact and build it stronger? Can we lure Jackson from the Eagles and give them a little pay back?

Giants869011
02-06-2012, 10:00 PM
Not so sure i'd want Jackson messing up this team's chemistry to be honest!

kbusch22
02-06-2012, 10:04 PM
Blackburn is a free agent I believe. As much as I'd like to keep him, I think he will head elsewhere. There is going to be a huge logjam at LB as it is and he just did such a great job filling in. I can see another team offering him a lot of money.

G-Men Surg.
02-06-2012, 10:08 PM
McKenzie has earned. Every peny of his contract IMO and if memory serves me well he is a FA.

bubblesmcgee
02-06-2012, 10:09 PM
nicks underpaid as well.

of course eli is very overpaid. Hes not even a top 12 qb in the league didnt you see the NFL top 100? /red

dave56dj
02-06-2012, 10:09 PM
Jackson? Really? you a fan of cancers in the locker room - or is it the td dance fumble pre end zone you love? CMON JAK.

BParcells777
02-07-2012, 10:25 AM
Jackson? Really? you a fan of cancers in the locker room - or is it the td dance fumble pre end zone you love? CMON JAK.

LeSean said he was the best teammate he'd ever had

Dont confuse contract negotiations with player personality

As for Blackburn.......no Blackburn, no Lombardy

Pay the man

Bing Crosby
02-07-2012, 10:32 AM
I'd be surprised if Jacobs comes back. He obviously wants to, and I think the team wants him back but I don't see them coming to terms with everything.

THE_New_York_Giants
02-07-2012, 10:33 AM

LeSean said he was the best teammate he'd ever had

Dont confusee contract negotiations with player personality

As for Blackburn.......no Blackburn, no Lombardy

Pay the man

DJax grew up a Giants fan.
Most overpaid player on the team has to be Canty. I would not be surprised if we hear that his deal has been restructured.

MattMeyerBud
02-07-2012, 10:33 AM

FA's?

Are we going to be able to keep this team intact and build it stronger? Can we lure Jackson from the Eagles and give them a little pay back?

Jacobs is invaluable to the team

McKenzie isn't paid and is a FA

Baas - didn't have a great season, but had a great superbowl

BParcells777
02-07-2012, 04:34 PM

FA's?

Jacobs is invaluable to the team

McKenzie isn't paid and is a FA

Baas - didn't have a great season, but had a great superbowl

Jacobs is invaluable to the team......you have to be kidding me
what is it he does so well.........mouth off and do the Ron Dayne Jitterbug?

you people have no idea how much putting a beast like Blackburn at MLBer stiffened this D
On one play he knocked the law firm into JPP and almost knocked JPP out ......never mind the game saving INT 50 yds downfield pushing "Frankenstein" out of the way to do it LOL

PierceBdaMAN
02-07-2012, 05:02 PM
Underpaid - Victor Cruz. He needs a long term deal NOW!!!

Overpaid - Jacobs, Canty, Boley, Rolle

For Free Agents, check out the following:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/05/free-agency-could-hit-patriots-hard-giants-not-so-much/

We should re-sign Terrell Thomas, and either Jonathan Goff or Chase Blackburn.

McKenzie's age is a concern, so we may look to get younger there. They dropped O'Hara and Seubert last season for age reasons, so the writing may be on the wall for Kareem.

I would love to see Super Mario stay, but he will get #1 money somewhere else....hopefully not Philly. If he goes, we could always bring Steve Smith back much cheaper.

RoanokeFan
02-07-2012, 05:04 PM

FA's?

Jackson is a head case, no thanks.

CDN_G-FAN
02-07-2012, 05:07 PM

FA's?

</P>

Osi is underpaid according to Osi, i don't know if he's underpaid that much according to his market value.</P>

Jacobs is part of a $10 million backfield, that while i like what both guys bring to the team, is way too much money to be spending on two RBs.</P>

Did kiwi sign a 1 or 2 year deal?</P>

slipknottin
02-07-2012, 05:13 PM
Did kiwi sign a 1 or 2 year deal?</P>

2. but the cap hit for kiwi this season is like 7 mil. He may be asked to restructure, or at least have his contract extended, hes proven he is healthy.

BParcells777
02-07-2012, 05:22 PM

FA's?

Jackson, Nicks and Cruz would be unstoppable.........we need him, and he's not a bad guy according to his teamamtes.........the running along the goalline pixxed you off didn't it?? get over it........plus Jackson is a nightmare to cover on kick returns

Imagine you are a Patriots fan watching Ahmad do the fanny flop?

Manningham will go to the highest bidder ant it wont be the Giants

rainierjef
02-07-2012, 05:47 PM

FA's?

</P>

what makes him a head case? just want to know what your opinion of head case is?</P>

jomo
02-07-2012, 05:55 PM

FA's?

</P>

what makes him a head case? just want to know what your opinion of head case is?</P>

Did you miss his disruptive, "it's all about me"act this year?</P>

That is how you DON'T win championships.</P>

RoanokeFan
02-07-2012, 06:05 PM

FA's?

</p>

what makes him a head case? just want to know what your opinion of head case is?</p>

He was disruptive enough to have been benched by Coach Reid. He's a "me" player, like Plaxico was.

greenca190
02-07-2012, 06:07 PM
JPP, Blackburn, Osi, Cruz * UnderPaid

FA's?

Are we going to be able to keep this team intact and build it stronger?** Can we lure Jackson from the Eagles and give them a little pay back?

Jackson, Nicks and Cruz would be unstoppable.........we need him, and he's not a bad guy according to his teamamtes.........the running along the goalline pixxed you off didn't it?? get over it........plus Jackson is a nightmare to cover on kick returns

And you think desean won't go to whoever offers him the most?

RoanokeFan
02-07-2012, 06:07 PM

FA's?

His running along the goal line was a good strategy. I've never even commented on that. You might try to not presume what another poster is thinking.

gmen46
02-07-2012, 08:01 PM
JPP, Blackburn, Osi, Cruz * UnderPaid

FA's?

Are we going to be able to keep this team intact and build it stronger?** Can we lure Jackson from the Eagles and give them a little pay back?

And you think desean won't go to whoever offers him the most?

Exactly.

Why would we pay free agency money--by definition a lot more money than a drafted player in his 4th year in the league--for Jackson, but not for Manningham, who has actually produced for us?

I've never understood that line of thinking on this board.

"Well, you KNOW we won't be able to afford so-and-so free agent Giants player, so let's go and sign a player his own team doesn't want to pay--for even MORE money!"

Makes no sense.

BParcells777
02-08-2012, 02:06 PM
manningham has no cartlidge in his knees

he wont last

Toadofsteel
02-08-2012, 02:31 PM
If we can at least have a season where Dominek Hixon doesn't tear his ACL again, he could be a good replacement for Manningham.

Underpaid:
-WEATHERFORD. jesus christ that guy was awesome for us this year. Franchise tag the guy. Punts always landing within the 10 (and many times within the 5), able to handle bad snaps on FG/PAT attempts and in general making Tynes look better than he is.

-Victor Cruz. I'm not saying the contract he was under for 2011 was a bad one, but he greatly exceeded expectations and stepped in when Hixon got injured (again), to great effect.

Overpaid:
-As much as I liked what Jacobs has done for us in the past, it's time to let him go. Draft a big-*** running back in the late rounds and develop him. In the meantime use Bradshaw and Ware in tandem.

-Canty. 'nuff said.

In FA, pick up some o-line guys.

Final thoughts: There is some potential talent we already have and just needs to be developed further. Hixon (if he can finally have a season without an injury) can be a great receiver, Jernigan seems promising, as well as Devin Thomas. As TC started out as a wide receivers coach under Parcells, he has a special knack for turning otherwise average receivers into an outstanding group of people. Cruz, for example, went undrafted. Don't ever pick up a WR from free agency, develop the talent in-house.

Oh, and I don't EVER want DJax on our team. He's permanently scarred my mind with that punt return; if i ever see him, i'd probably punch him in the face.

BParcells777
02-08-2012, 02:44 PM
I dont get all the D Jackson hatred

he was only doing his job and doing it well

with Cruz and Nicks on the field to draw off coverage he would be a big addition

freeoscar
02-08-2012, 03:03 PM

with Cruz and Nicks on the field to draw off coverage he would be a big addition

forget the off field stuff. Jackson will get paid huge money. the giants already have 2 #1 receivers they'll have to fit into the cap - why would they take on a 3rd?

if they did want to blow big money on a free agent, they'd go after mario williams. but they aren't doing that either.

Toadofsteel
02-08-2012, 03:07 PM

If DJax never played in the NFL, the Giants would have gone to the playoffs in 2010. Not as emotionally disturbing anymore since we won SB46, but still. Philadelphia is the only city i have room in my heart for hate anymore. No beef anymore with the Cowboys, Jets, or Redskins (I give them props for two wins this season over the giants). Only that travesty of a city remains. The fact that the pack destroyed the iggles in the first round of the playoffs was my happiest moment in football between sb42 and sb46.