PDA

View Full Version : Eli continues to carry this team

RobCarpenter
12-04-2011, 08:49 PM
Eli continues to have a terrificyear. He kept us in this game with 3 TD's, 347 yards, somegreat plays and a terrific audible on the 2 point conversion. </P>

If the Defense can improve, we can win it all. </P>

dave8274
12-04-2011, 08:50 PM
Eli continues to have a terrific*year.** He kept us in this game with 3 TD's, 347 yards, some*great *plays and a terrific audible on the 2 point conversion. </P>

If the Defense can improve, we can win it all.*** </P>

Really good numbers.. except of course for the boneheaded pick 6 that was the difference in the game....

buddy33
12-04-2011, 08:51 PM
Good game but his interception was huge and he looked rattled until the second half because if it.

The offense could have done more to help out when the defense did force a punt.

TroyArcher
12-04-2011, 08:52 PM
Eli continues to have a terrific*year.** He kept us in this game with 3 TD's, 347 yards, some*great *plays and a terrific audible on the 2 point conversion. </P>

Really good numbers.. except of course for the boneheaded pick 6 that was the difference in the game....

Anyone laying this loss on Eli is crazy. It was the Defense once again that is responsible for this loss. If not for Eli this team would be lucky to have won any games this year.

DemandedAce
12-04-2011, 08:52 PM

The difference in the game is our defense can't hold opposing teams in the fourth. Just like the Eagles, they are the anticlutch and giving the ball back with 58 seconds and on the 20 yard line should be something we're confident in.

dave8274
12-04-2011, 08:54 PM

Anyone laying this loss on Eli is crazy. It was the Defense once again that is responsible for this loss. If not for Eli this team would be lucky to have won any games this year.

I'm not laying this loss on any one person. The defense didn't get it done for sure, but I'm certainly not going to praise the guy who gave the overwhelming favorite to win the game 7 free points.

RobCarpenter
12-04-2011, 08:54 PM
Eli continues to have a terrificyear. He kept us in this game with 3 TD's, 347 yards, somegreat plays and a terrific audible on the 2 point conversion. </P>

Really good numbers.. except of course for the boneheaded pick 6 that was the difference in the game....</P>

Yeah, that was a bad throw, but he made numerous great plays throughoput the game to keep us in this game and that late 4th Quarter drive and 2 point conversion audible was outstanding.</P>

We are watching the best QB this franchise has ever had. We need toappreciate it. </P>

The Defense really needs to step up.35 points was more than enoug to win the game.</P>

Zaggs
12-04-2011, 08:55 PM
Eli continues to have a terrificyear. He kept us in this game with 3 TD's, 347 yards, somegreat plays and a terrific audible on the 2 point conversion. </p>

If the Defense can improve, we can win it all. </p>

Not really boneheaded, he didn't throw it right to Matthews. Matthews just made a play on the ball and Bradshaw did not.

THEMASTER

</P>

Duh, they lost, he threw an int (an ill advised one with Nicks streaking deep) gave them 7.....what was the winning differential? 3 so He lost the game not win it. Now back to reality, any qb has to have people catching the ball and making plays, he is getting that. Cruz, Nicks, Ballard and even BJ stepped up today. To say Eli is carrying anything is an overstatement of the facts. I dont care if he throws for 4000 yards, failure to make the playoffs means when you look back on the season, the Redskin game, the Seattle game and the last eagles game will be the barometer of failure. Plenty of blame to go around.</P>

Down-lifer
Eli's playing great!!!!! That INT, I mean Matthews is nasty! Hes a ball hawk, he made a play. You know he's going to make plays. We got it back on Rodgers INT.

NYG3085
12-04-2011, 08:57 PM
Eli is on pace to have nearly 5,000 yards in the air. That is insane. Anyone know the Giants passing yard record for a season?

Harooni
carried to a loss? stop it already.

i agree Eli has grown this season though. proud of him for taking those hits. and keeping the ball down.

yatitle
Thought the fumble before halftime was a bigger play than the pick 6. We were down 4 and driving. Because GB was getting kickoff in 2nd half that was a huge drive. Even though GB kicker missed FG that was a missed opportunity for us give how good Eli is in the 2 minute drill.

RobCarpenter
Eli was the primary reason we were in this game.</P>

Anyone who can't understand that is either flat-out clueless or a troll.</P>

dave8274

Really good numbers.. except of course for the boneheaded pick 6 that was the difference in the game....</P>

Yeah, that was a bad throw, but he made numerous great plays throughoput the game to keep us in this game and that late 4th Quarter drive and 2 point converiosn audible was outstanding.</P>

We are watching the best QB this franchise has ever had.* We need to*appreciate it. </P>

The Defense really needs to step up.**35 points was more than enoug to win the game.</P>

I won't deny that. I lived through Dave Brown, Kent Graham, and Danny Kanell so I am grateful for a QB that gives us a fighting chance. I'm just not prepared to praise him for his performance in this particular game.

yatitle
12-04-2011, 08:58 PM

i agree Eli has grown this season though. proud of him for taking those hits. and keeping the ball down.

<font color="#FF0000">If we are lucky perhaps he can get in the ring of honor with Tiki</font>

Down-lifer
12-04-2011, 08:59 PM
Eli was the primary reason we were in this game.</P>

Anyone who can't understand that is either flat-out clueless or a troll.</P>+1

Drez
12-04-2011, 08:59 PM

Really good numbers.. except of course for the boneheaded pick 6 that was the difference in the game.... Anyone laying this loss on Eli is crazy. It was the Defense once again that is responsible for this loss. If not for Eli this team would be lucky to have won any games this year. I'm not laying this loss on any one person. The defense didn't get it done for sure, but I'm certainly not going to praise the guy who gave the overwhelming favorite to win the game 7 free points.</P>

Yes, it was a bad play, but from what Aikman was saying it looked like Ballard blocked Mathews from Eli's field of vision until he threw the ball.</P>

Still sucks, but with the score knotted up with under a minute left, the defense has got to hold there and give us a shot for OT.</P>

gumby742
12-04-2011, 09:11 PM
Haha. Good ole Robbie. One of my favorite posters.

These are the Giant fan forums dude. The Eli fan forums are this ----> way

RobCarpenter
12-04-2011, 09:13 PM

<FONT color=#ff0000>If we are lucky perhaps he can get in the ring of honor with Tiki</FONT>
</P>

LMAO.</P>

I gotta think Moroni is either an Eagles fan, Cowboy fan or just a troll who comes here to stir the pot.... He can't be a real Giants fan.</P>

T-Murda84
12-04-2011, 09:16 PM
Eli had a good game but to say he carried this team is crazy. The pick 6 hurt us...the fumble hurt us...and a couple of underthrown passes on 3rd down hurt us too.

buddy33
12-04-2011, 09:18 PM
They where in the game because of the entire team. Not just one guy.

Harooni
12-04-2011, 09:18 PM

These are the Giant fan forums dude. The Eli fan forums are this ----&gt; way

lmao

he is the fakest giant fan i ever seen here.

jax5338
12-04-2011, 09:21 PM

lmao

and where are the "tiki barber" and "every other QB in the NFL besides eli" fan forums guys?

Harooni
12-04-2011, 09:23 PM

lmao

and where are the "tiki barber" and "every other QB in the NFL besides eli" fan forums guys?

at least we root for the whole team. cant say that about the "eli is great and the rest of the giants suck" crowd

RobCarpenter
They where in the game because of the entire team. Not just one guy.</P>

Yeah, keep telling yourself that butty...and tell Rolle, KP, our LB's, Branard, Ross, Fewell and several others while your at it....</P>

Harooni

lmao

at least we root for the whole team. cant say that about the "eli is great and the rest of the giants suck" crowd

RobCarpenter
12-04-2011, 09:25 PM
Haha. Good ole Robbie. One of my favorite posters. These are the Giant fan forums dude. The Eli fan forums are this ----&gt; way

lmao

</P>

LO, so you admit Eli is great! Good to hear.</P>

Btw, I was rooting for the Giantsbefore you were sucking on Tiki's thumb. </P>

KillaRich

I'm not laying this loss on any one person. The defense didn't get it done for sure, but I'm certainly not going to praise the guy who gave the overwhelming favorite to win the game 7 free points.

how about the refs giving them essentially 4 free points when that was obviously not a catch

KillaRich

how about the refs giving them essentially 4 free points when that was obviously not a catch

Robert21156
12-04-2011, 09:32 PM
So, the interception we made off Rogers and return to about the 12 yard line which gave us an easy touchdown doesn't offset Eli's pick six? Why is that? Seems like the same result to me. Yes Eli's error hurt a lot. The question I'd pose is "How many yards would Eli throw for against OUR defense?" I'd say about 400 or more per game. Eli didn't lose the game for us.

RobCarpenter
12-04-2011, 09:34 PM
So, the interception we made off Rogers and return to about the 12 yard line which gave us an easy touchdown doesn't offset Eli's pick six? Why is that? Seems like the same result to me. Yes Eli's error hurt a lot. The question I'd pose is "How many yards would Eli throw for against OUR defense?" I'd say about 400 or more per game. Eli didn't lose the game for us.</P>

You got that right.</P>

Eli made numerous big plays, including another late 4th Quarter TD drive. We are spoiled by his ability to drive the field late in the 4th Quarter when we're behind. Simms never did it once in his career, not once. Eli does it routinely.</P>

dave8274
12-04-2011, 09:36 PM
So, the interception we made off Rogers and return to about the 12 yard line which gave us an easy touchdown doesn't offset Eli's pick six? Why is that? .

Because the Giants can't afford to make any errors against the Packers and win. the Packers can afford to make errors against the Giants and still win.

gumby742
12-04-2011, 09:37 PM
Haha. Good ole Robbie. One of my favorite posters. These are the Giant fan forums dude. The Eli fan forums are this ----> way

lmao

he is the fakest giant fan i ever seen here.*

at least we root for the whole team.* cant say that about the "eli is great and the rest of the giants suck" crowd
</P>

LO, so you admit Eli is great!** Good to hear.</P>

Btw, I was rooting for the Giants*before you were sucking on Tiki's thumb.*** **</P>

The funny thing is that you think it pains a lot of people to say that Eli played great. When in reality everyone is cheering for him.

jakegibbs
12-04-2011, 09:40 PM

So you're saying if the score is reversed then Rogers would have lost the game since he basically threw a pic 6 to blackburn then right?

Robert21156
12-04-2011, 09:40 PM
WOW! So now we get the message about why Eli takes SO MUCH criticism. He is required to play perfect football for the Giants to win!!! If that is the measuring stick for Giant players, then we'll have to cut about the entire roster after the season. Our defense BLOWS, especially in crunch time, yet Eli can't be afforded a mistake or two. Amazing.

dave8274
12-04-2011, 09:41 PM

So you're saying if the score is reversed then Rogers would have lost the game since he basically threw a pic 6 to blackburn then right?

Let me answer your question with a question - Could the Giants beat the Packers if Aaron Rodgers played his best game?

dave8274
12-04-2011, 09:43 PM
WOW! So now we get the message about why Eli takes SO MUCH criticism. He is required to play perfect football for the Giants to win!!! If that is the measuring stick for Giant players, then we'll have to cut about the entire roster after the season. Our defense BLOWS, especially in crunch time, yet Eli can't be afforded a mistake or two. Amazing.

That's pretty much the situation. Eli needs to be amazing for this team to go anywhere because other than JPP, this team isn't very good.

nycsportzfan
12-04-2011, 09:44 PM
Eli continues to have a terrificyear. He kept us in this game with 3 TD's, 347 yards, somegreat plays and a terrific audible on the 2 point conversion. </p>

Really good numbers.. except of course for the boneheaded pick 6 that was th e difference in the game.... That Eagle game and Seahawk game are haunting! Eli's been very good but the 1dor 2 critical mistakes are costing us at the end Really hard to overcome a critical pick or fumble

barran21
12-04-2011, 09:45 PM

<font color="#ff0000">If we are lucky perhaps he can get in the ring of honor with Tiki</font>
</p>

LMAO.</p>

I gotta think Moroni is either an Eagles fan, Cowboy fan or just a troll who comes here to stir the pot.... He can't be a real Giants fan.</p>

He likes to stir the pot, gotta learn to the ignore the jackass...

Drez
12-04-2011, 09:46 PM

Really good numbers.. except of course for the boneheaded pick 6 that was th e difference in the game.... That Eagle game and Seahawk game are haunting! Eli's been very good but the 1dor 2 critical mistakes are costing us at the end Really hard to overcome a critical pick or fumble
</P>

It's also more daunting to overcome letting a team drive 70 yards for a game winning FG as time expires.</P>

NWKEffectElement
Eli had a good game but to say he carried this team is crazy. The pick 6 hurt us...the fumble hurt us...and a couple of underthrown passes on 3rd down hurt us too.

+1

jakegibbs

Let me answer your question with a question - Could the Giants beat the Packers if Aaron Rodgers played his best game?

Yes if the refs would stay out of it absolutely. I saw 14 points against the NYG get ruled against them in the replay booth when the know it all x head ref for NFL in the playbooth disagreed with both calls made by the playbooth. That's uh a 14 pt advantage.

You could clearly see the right knee of ballard hitting the blue endzone before sliding to the white out of bounds & the packer receiver never ever put the ball away before Prince swatted it away. Those to plays beat the Giants period end of story.

If they get the chance to get them up in Lambough field the smart money will go to the NY football GIANTS. Book it & put it to bed.

Robert21156
12-04-2011, 09:47 PM
Yeah, I agree with that. But it's sad to say isn't it? The Steelers, for examply, play defense EVERY year and sometimes their defense actually scores points for them in a SuperBowl. Our defense MIGHT play a good game from time to time, but when in the last 3 years has anyone feared us? Surely our D would have been better this year without all the injuries.

Harooni

<font color="#ff0000">If we are lucky perhaps he can get in the ring of honor with Tiki</font>
</p>

LMAO.</p>

I gotta think Moroni is either an Eagles fan, Cowboy fan or just a troll who comes here to stir the pot.... He can't be a real Giants fan.</p>

learn grammar Dbag

Marvelousmik
Good game but his interception was huge and he looked rattled until the second half because if it.

am i the only one who feels our defense played better than our offense this game?

RobCarpenter
12-04-2011, 09:48 PM

<FONT color=#ff0000>If we are lucky perhaps he can get in the ring of honor with Tiki</FONT>
</P>

LMAO.</P>

I gotta think Moroni is either an Eagles fan, Cowboy fan or just a troll who comes here to stir the pot.... He can't be a real Giants fan.</P>

</P>

</P>

Good point....but its like a cat and mouse sometimes....I'd like to take some credit for further exposing him for what he is...if that was even necessary.</P>

</P>

nycsportzfan
12-04-2011, 09:48 PM
They where in the game because of the entire team. Not just one guy.</p>

Yeah, keep telling yourself that butty...and tell Rolle, KP, our LB's, Branard, Ross, Fewell and several others while your at it....</p> dude one of our TD's came by the result of Chase Blackburn and his INT and one of there TD's came directly because of a INT Of ELI and lets not forget the running from jacobs who was pretty solid today There is a mix of reasons why we were in this game and why we lost it and why we do good in it Hence a team effort!

RobCarpenter
12-04-2011, 09:50 PM

</P>

LMAO.</P>

learn grammar Dbag
</P>

Hit a nerve ha? </P>

LMAO</P>

As Forrest Gump sorta said: Clueless is as clueless does...</P>

Roosevelt
12-04-2011, 09:50 PM

Eli's stats were better than his game. He wasn't as sharp today as he's been.

Plus we got lucky the 2 point conversion didn't get called back for a hold.

barran21
12-04-2011, 09:52 PM

</p>

LMAO.</p>

learn grammar Dbag

Get some friends, get a social life, do something outside your house, find a girl, have your first kiss, see a vagina for once, stop wanking off in the bathroom because your mother could slip and hurt her back on what could have been a grandchild...

Ruttiger711
12-04-2011, 09:53 PM

am i the only one who feels our defense played better than our offense this game?

Sure - for about the first quarter and a half.

Harooni
12-04-2011, 09:54 PM

</p>

LMAO.</p>

learn grammar Dbag

Get some friends, get a social life, do something outside your house, find a girl, have your first kiss, see a vagina for once, stop wanking off in the bathroom because your mother could slip and hurt her back on what could have been a grandchild...

lol you go around trying to have a fight on the internet and go out of your way to insult , why dont you take your advise

FlyingTruck
12-04-2011, 09:55 PM
carried to a loss?** stop it already.

i agree Eli has grown this season though. proud of him for taking those hits.* and keeping the ball down.

</p>

LMAO.</p>

I gotta think Moroni is either an Eagles fan, Cowboy fan or just a troll who comes here to stir the pot....** He can't be a real Giants fan.</p>

learn grammar* Dbag

LMFAOOOOOOO

jakegibbs
12-04-2011, 09:55 PM
Eli continues to have a terrific*year.** He kept us in this game with 3 TD's, 347 yards, some*great *plays and a terrific audible on the 2 point conversion. </p>

If the Defense can improve, we can win it all.*** </p>

Eli's stats were better than his game.* He wasn't as sharp today as he's been.

Well if they'd called the hold on Cruz then Eli wouldn't have thrown the pic 6. They tackle Cruz it was suppose to be a bomb down the field to him. Bradshaw was just a throw away if Cruz was covered.

Roosevelt
12-04-2011, 09:56 PM

Yeah, keep telling yourself that butty...and tell Rolle, KP, our LB's, Branard, Ross, Fewell and several others while your at it....</p> dude one of our TD's came by the result of Chase Blackburn and his INT and one of there TD's came directly because of a INT Of ELI and lets not forget the running from jacobs who was pretty solid today There is a mix of reasons why we were in this game and why we lost it and why we do good in it Hence a team effort!

Nah. Our hero just carried us to our 4th straight loss!

If only everyone else would play better!

RobCarpenter
12-04-2011, 09:57 PM

</P>

LOL!</P>

Eli significantly contributed to us even being in this game. </P>

Read the papers tomorrow and get back to me....</P>

Idkaname
12-04-2011, 09:57 PM
Eli continues to have a terrific*year.** He kept us in this game with 3 TD's, 347 yards, some*great *plays and a terrific audible on the 2 point conversion. </p>

If the Defense can improve, we can win it all.*** </p>

Eli's stats were better than his game.* He wasn't as sharp today as he's been.

You can't be serious, we? we? the giants? got lucky on a penalty? I understand this post if you are talking about the packers

RobCarpenter
12-04-2011, 09:59 PM

You can't be serious, we? we? the giants? got lucky on a penalty? I understand this post if you are talking about the packers</P>

Please...do not try and use logic here....</P>

Any Giants fan could see that was a terrifc 4th Quarter dirve and even better audible for the 2 point conversion.</P>

Roosevelt
12-04-2011, 10:04 PM

You can't be serious, we? we? the giants? got lucky on a penalty? I understand this post if you are talking about the packers

The officials sucked for sure.

But I think it was Petrus who had someone in a headlock on that play. He could have easily been flagged, especially the way the refs were calling it on us today.

Roosevelt
12-04-2011, 10:06 PM

You can't be serious, we? we? the giants? got lucky on a penalty? I understand this post if you are talking about the packers</p>

Please...do not try and use logic here....</p>

Any Giants fan could see that was a terrifc 4th Quarter dirve and even better audible for the 2 point conversion.</p>

Glad you're happy about the loss.

How many times have you listened to Bette Milder's "Wind Beneath My Wings" tonight?

giantsfan420
12-04-2011, 10:13 PM
i honestly dont get some people some time.

before the sb mvp the same people were saying he'd never win one.

then it was he'd never be a true franchise qb.

then it was he could never win games on his play.

then it was he throws passes that wobble sometimes.

and NOW, its "Eli will never play a perfect game and not make a mistake"

is that what the haters are resorting too now? really? the int sucked, sure did. the entire feeling was "alright here we go blow out time"
and yet, bc of huge, PERFECT deep passes, we managed to claw back into it somehow.

im sorry, people ragging on eli for todays game are really just proving how much they loathe him for some reason.

on a dff note, there were some plays that i could not understand and cost us like:

the illegal contact penalty on williams. finley initiated the contact by running stright into him intentionally, and then used his arms to push off williams, and williams gets flagged?

the int to bradshaw...bradshaw had no idea mathews was there. on ANY sort of throw to the flats or outs, the wr should NEVER fade to the sideline. You either need to hold ur ground, or attack the ball. Did you notice how bradshaw still went to catch it? bc he had no idea of mathews there. it was a ****ty play by both eli and bradshaw.

plus, i cant believe no one is mentioning that 3rd down play late when we were down 4 before we kicked the 50 yd fg. eli, again, threw a perfect strike splitting the defenders, it hit nicks in BOTH hands, and he doesnt hang onto it for a TD?

bottom line, dallas lost, detroits gonna lose, Chicago lost. We are as of the end of this week one game out of BOTH WC spots AND the division.

this team has a lot of good to take away from it. and guess what, the defense still sucked a majority of the game. they cannot get off the field on 3rd downs. there were some bright spots, but again the d just kills us. how do u let green bay go 3 plays to inside our 30 with under a minute. THEY DDINT EVEN HAVE TO BURN THERE TIME OUT UNTIL THEY KICKED THE FG!
HOW WAS BLACKMON IN THAT PLAY>!!HUH?>!

but yea, we should rag on the QB who actually had the better day statistically bc he only AGAIN KILLED it in the 4th quarter.

if the defense could be half as clutch as eli we'd be undefeated.

So angry and pleased at the same time. I can't believe there are people picking apart the play of eli and claiming the pick 6 lost it for us...

I could go on forever about what this team needs, but why bother. theres some ****ing ******s posting on here who at any chance they can (and there few and far between now) to hate on eli....just sickening and i wouldnt be surprised if you guys were just miserable and hated life bc i have no idea how u could hate on eli, especially when hes the qb of ur favorite team (supposedly) and playing LIGHTS OUT.

He just outplayed the hands down league mvp tonight you realize that...without MM, two starting OL, and a defense that sucks balls

RobCarpenter
12-04-2011, 10:15 PM

You can't be serious, we? we? the giants? got lucky on a penalty? I understand this post if you are talking about the packers</P>

Please...do not try and use logic here....</P>

Any Giants fan could see that was a terrifc 4th Quarter dirve and even better audible for the 2 point conversion.</P>

Glad you're happy about the loss.

How many times have you listened to Bette Milder's "Wind Beneath My Wings" tonight?
</P>

I'm bummed we lost, but just because we lose doesn't mean everyone played poorly. Many Giants played well enough to deserve a victory...and some appreciation. </P>

At a minimum, Eli, JPP, Cruz, and Nicks all had very solid games. Tuck also played well and AB showed heart.</P>

Overall, we played the so-called best team in the NFL very well and came very close to beating them. There were many positives to take away....for Giants fans.</P>

The sun will come up tomorrow.</P>

RobCarpenter
12-04-2011, 10:17 PM
i honestly dont get some people some time. before the sb mvp the same people were saying he'd never win one. then it was he'd never be a true franchise qb. then it was he could never win games on his play. then it was he throws passes that wobble sometimes. and NOW, its "Eli will never play a perfect game and not make a mistake" is that what the haters are resorting too now? really? the int sucked, sure did. the entire feeling was "alright here we go blow out time" and yet, bc of huge, PERFECT deep passes, we managed to claw back into it somehow. im sorry, people ragging on eli for todays game are really just proving how much they loathe him for some reason. on a dff note, there were some plays that i could not understand and cost us like: the illegal contact penalty on williams. finley initiated the contact by running stright into him intentionally, and then used his arms to push off williams, and williams gets flagged? the int to bradshaw...bradshaw had no idea mathews was there. on ANY sort of throw to the flats or outs, the wr should NEVER fade to the sideline. You either need to hold ur ground, or attack the ball. Did you notice how bradshaw still went to catch it? bc he had no idea of mathews there. it was a ****ty play by both eli and bradshaw. plus, i cant believe no one is mentioning that 3rd down play late when we were down 4 before we kicked the 50 yd fg. eli, again, threw a perfect strike splitting the defenders, it hit nicks in BOTH hands, and he doesnt hang onto it for a TD? bottom line, dallas lost, detroits gonna lose, Chicago lost. We are as of the end of this week one game out of BOTH WC spots AND the division. this team has a lot of good to take away from it. and guess what, the defense still sucked a majority of the game. they cannot get off the field on 3rd downs. there were some bright spots, but again the d just kills us. how do u let green bay go 3 plays to inside our 30 with under a minute. THEY DDINT EVEN HAVE TO BURN THERE TIME OUT UNTIL THEY KICKED THE FG! HOW WAS BLACKMON IN THAT PLAY&gt;!!HUH?&gt;! but yea, we should rag on the QB who actually had the better day statistically bc he only AGAIN KILLED it in the 4th quarter. if the defense could be half as clutch as eli we'd be undefeated. So angry and pleased at the same time. I can't believe there are people picking apart the play of eli and claiming the pick 6 lost it for us... I could go on forever about what this team needs, but why bother. theres some ****ing ******s posting on here who at any chance they can (and there few and far between now) to hate on eli....just sickening and i wouldnt be surprised if you guys were just miserable and hated life bc i have no idea how u could hate on eli, especially when hes the qb of ur favorite team (supposedly) and playing LIGHTS OUT. He just outplayed the hands down league mvp tonight you realize that...without MM, two starting OL, and a defense that sucks balls</P>

+1</P>

</P>

Roosevelt
12-04-2011, 10:18 PM
i honestly dont get some people some time.

before the sb mvp the same people were saying he'd never win one.

then it was he'd never be a true franchise qb.

then it was he could never win games on his play.

then it was he throws passes that wobble sometimes.

and NOW, its "Eli will never play a perfect game and not make a mistake"

is that what the haters are resorting too now? really? the int sucked, sure did. the entire feeling was "alright here we go blow out time"
and yet, bc of huge, PERFECT deep passes, we managed to claw back into it somehow.

im sorry, people ragging on eli for todays game are really just proving how much they loathe him for some reason.

on a dff note, there were some plays that i could not understand and cost us like:

the illegal contact penalty on williams. finley initiated the contact by running stright into him intentionally, and then used his arms to push off williams, and williams gets flagged?

the int to bradshaw...bradshaw had no idea mathews was there. on ANY sort of throw to the flats or outs, the wr should NEVER fade to the sideline. You either need to hold ur ground, or attack the ball. Did you notice how bradshaw still went to catch it? bc he had no idea of mathews there. it was a ****ty play by both eli and bradshaw.

plus, i cant believe no one is mentioning that 3rd down play late when we were down 4 before we kicked the 50 yd fg. eli, again, threw a perfect strike splitting the defenders, it hit nicks in BOTH hands, and he doesnt hang onto it for a TD?

bottom line, dallas lost, detroits gonna lose, Chicago lost. We are as of the end of this week one game out of BOTH WC spots AND the division.

this team has a lot of good to take away from it. and guess what, the defense still sucked a majority of the game. they cannot get off the field on 3rd downs. there were some bright spots, but again the d just kills us. how do u let green bay go 3 plays to inside our 30 with under a minute. THEY DDINT EVEN HAVE TO BURN THERE TIME OUT UNTIL THEY KICKED THE FG!
HOW WAS BLACKMON IN THAT PLAY&gt;!!HUH?&gt;!

but yea, we should rag on the QB who actually had the better day statistically bc he only AGAIN KILLED it in the 4th quarter.

if the defense could be half as clutch as eli we'd be undefeated.

So angry and pleased at the same time. I can't believe there are people picking apart the play of eli and claiming the pick 6 lost it for us...

I could go on forever about what this team needs, but why bother. theres some ****ing ******s posting on here who at any chance they can (and there few and far between now) to hate on eli....just sickening and i wouldnt be surprised if you guys were just miserable and hated life bc i have no idea how u could hate on eli, especially when hes the qb of ur favorite team (supposedly) and playing LIGHTS OUT.

He just outplayed the hands down league mvp tonight you realize that...without MM, two starting OL, and a defense that sucks balls

We lost 4 straight and some bozo makes a thread "Eli continues to carry this team'".

How pathetically insecure some of you are.

Harooni
12-04-2011, 10:22 PM
We lost 4 straight and some bozo makes a thread "Eli continues to carry this team'".

+1

RobCarpenter
12-04-2011, 10:23 PM

</P>

LOL!</P>

We came very close to defeating the only undeafted NFL team, we give up 38 points, and some idiots chose to criticize our QB? </P>

Hate is such a said thing. </P>

RobCarpenter
12-04-2011, 10:24 PM

+1
</P>

LMAO. Peas in a pod! </P>

Roosevelt
12-04-2011, 11:04 PM

</p>

LOL!</p>

We came very close to defeating the only undeafted NFL team, we give up 38 points, and some idiots chose to criticize our QB? </p>

Hate is such a said thing. </p>

Who gives a crap about if some idiots criticize Eli? Anyone with half a brain knows this loss or any of the other 3 are not on him.

But you are so thin-skinned over this kid you sound like just as big an idiot stating he's carrying our team after we lose four straight.

Last I heard Eli is a married man with a wife and kid, and his mom is still alive. Quit pretending to be his mommy.

BurnerNYG
12-04-2011, 11:07 PM

</p>

LOL!</p>

We came very close to defeating the only undeafted NFL team, we give up 38 points, *and some idiots chose to criticize our QB?** </p>

Hate is such a said thing.** </p>

Who gives a crap about if some idiots criticize Eli?* Anyone with half a brain knows this loss or any of the other 3 are not on him.*

But you are so thin-skinned over this kid you sound like just as big an idiot stating he's carrying our team after we lose four straight.

Last I heard Eli is a married man with a wife and kid, and his mom is still alive.* Quit pretending to be his mommy.*
I criticized Eli today and I KNOW I'm not an idiot.

RobCarpenter
12-04-2011, 11:29 PM

</P>

LOL!</P>

We came very close to defeating the only undeafted NFL team, we give up 38 points, and some idiots chose to criticize our QB? </P>

Hate is such a said thing. </P>

Who gives a crap about if some idiots criticize Eli? Anyone with half a brain knows this loss or any of the other 3 are not on him.

Last I heard Eli is a married man with a wife and kid, and his mom is still alive. Quit pretending to be his mommy.
</P>

I think the biggest idiots on this Message Board are the ones who spent the entire off-season non-stop ripping our QB...who just happens to be the best one we've had in 40+ years. </P>

The drama, whining and over-top-top hate exhibited by these clueless folks was flat-out ridiculous. They lack any sense or perspective. I enjoy watching them try to flip-flop and justify their opinions as this season progresses. </P>

I'd be willing to bet that not a single one of them could throw a pretty spiral.</P>

Do you know any of these idiots?</P>

zbert
12-04-2011, 11:37 PM
I will never understand the Eli bashers. He is a terrific QB. Would you rather have Dave Brown back?

CantBlameShockeyNow
12-04-2011, 11:51 PM
Eli's playing great!!!!! That INT, I mean Matthews is nasty! Hes a ball hawk, he made a play. You know he's going to make plays. We got it back on Rodgers INT.

Someone with 2 career INTs is a "ball hawk"?

Eli had great #'s (minus his 2 turnovers) against the 2nd worst Pass D in the NFL.

jax5338
12-04-2011, 11:53 PM

Eli had great #'s (minus his 2 turnovers) against the 2nd worst Pass D in the NFL.

they also lead the NFL in takeaways. its a defense full of playmakers who take shots. it obviously works out for them huh cowboy ?

CantBlameShockeyNow
12-05-2011, 12:02 AM

they also lead the NFL in takeaways. its a defense full of playmakers who take shots. it obviously works out for them huh cowboy ?

When you throw the ball into the wrong team's hands and drop the ball, it surely does.

jax5338
12-05-2011, 12:05 AM

When you throw the ball into the wrong team's hands and drop the ball, it surely does.

huh?

yatitle
12-06-2011, 12:46 PM

+1
</P>

You're both pathetic. There are threads talking about how Linval Joseph was a beast. Perhaps you should remind THEM the team has lost 4 straight and the "D" JUST GAVE UP 79 POINTS THE LAST 2 GAMES.</P>

Giantsin04
12-06-2011, 04:23 PM
You can't say that Eli is carrying the team because they keep losing.

But a couple of things are clear at this point...

1) Eli is the best player on the team.

2) The Defense is a complete embarrassment and has been for three years now.

JMFP2
12-06-2011, 05:44 PM

Hard to really argue with that. He's already proven he can win a Super Bowl with a great defense....which we haven't had since the Super Bowl run.

Roosevelt
12-06-2011, 06:09 PM

+1
</p>

You're both pathetic. There are threads talking about how Linval Joseph was a beast. Perhaps you should remind THEM the team has lost 4 straight and the "D" JUST GAVE UP 79 POINTS THE LAST 2 GAMES.</p>

If and when it happens ad nauseum I'll surely be there to comment.

But anyway, didn't we all watch the game? Didn't we all see Eli orchestrate another 4th quarter drive to keep us from losing?

Do we really really need the "don't blame Eli" drivel - immediately after a tough loss like that? Like that's some ****ing consolation to our season.

GTFO with that crap.

Eli deserved the past criticism he got as much as he deserves the praise he gets now. He's the QB for the NY Giants. It goes with the territory.

Roosevelt
12-06-2011, 06:12 PM

Hard to really argue with that. He's already proven he can win a Super Bowl with a great defense....which we haven't had since the Super Bowl run.

I can't help blame Fewell for our defensive problems.

Gianthunter
12-06-2011, 06:20 PM

+1
</P>

You're both pathetic. There are threads talking about how Linval Joseph was a beast. Perhaps you should remind THEM the team has lost 4 straight and the "D" JUST GAVE UP 79 POINTS THE LAST 2 GAMES.</P>

But anyway, didn't we all watch the game? Didn't we all see Eli orchestrate another 4th quarter drive to keep us from losing?

Do we really really need the "don't blame Eli" drivel - immediately after a tough loss like that? Like that's some ****ing consolation to our season.

GTFO with that crap.

Eli deserved the past criticism he got as much as he deserves the praise he gets now. He's the QB for the NY Giants. It goes with the territory.

The twins do not approve.[:@]

Harooni
12-06-2011, 08:40 PM
eli deserves praise, but im not sure why his big fans cant seperate his accomplisments with theirs. And i also dont know how you carry a team in a losing effort where the run game was avg 6 yards a carry.

If some of you would stop trying to convince others he is so great you might see we are complimenting him. He has grown on on us and he is ours for a while.

Gianthunter
12-06-2011, 09:36 PM
eli deserves praise, but im not sure why his big fans cant seperate his accomplisments with theirs. And i also dont know how you carry a team in a losing effort where the run game was avg 6 yards a carry.

If some of you would stop trying to convince others he is so great you might see we are complimenting him. He has grown on on us and he is ours for a while.
The same passive-aggressive responses we havegrown to love and ignore. Fire up the ole PM.

Roosevelt
12-06-2011, 10:06 PM

</p>

LOL!</p>

We came very close to defeating the only undeafted NFL team, we give up 38 points, and some idiots chose to criticize our QB? </p>

</p>

I think the biggest idiots on this Message Board are the ones who spent the entire off-season non-stop ripping our QB...who just happens to be the best one we've had in 40+ years. </p>

The drama, whining and over-top-top hate exhibited by these clueless folks was flat-out ridiculous. They lack any sense or perspective. I enjoy watching them try to flip-flop and justify their opinions as this season progresses. </p>

I'd be willing to bet that not a single one of them could throw a pretty spiral.</p>

Do you know any of these idiots?</p>

Ya mean one who gets wood when Eli throws a pretty spiral?

Gianthunter
12-06-2011, 10:10 PM
I loveeeeeeeee itttttttttttttttttt right on cue. The game is afoot.

BBlueSince82
12-06-2011, 10:46 PM
What were Elis final numbers in the game again?

He played great in my opinion, got nervous a few times but came through when we needed him. Our defense and PF let us down.

That being said, he should have seen that pick 6, I saw it ALL THE WAY, I was screaming at the TV for him not to throw it, I saw Matthews goading him into it. He is SO much better this year, but still makes those boneheaded plays from time to time which he needs to cut out, No way he shoulda let Matthews trick him into throwing that.

Roosevelt
12-06-2011, 10:53 PM
What were Elis final numbers in the game again?

He played great in my opinion, got nervous a few times but came through when we needed him. Our defense and PF let us down.

That being said, he should have seen that pick 6, I saw it ALL THE WAY, I was screaming at the TV for him not to throw it, I saw Matthews goading him into it. He is SO much better this year, but still makes those boneheaded plays from time to time which he needs to cut out, No way he shoulda let Matthews trick him into throwing that.

Your vision wasn't blocked by a linemen. It was unfortunate but it happens.

JMFP2
12-06-2011, 11:16 PM
You can't say that Eli is carrying the team because they keep losing. But a couple of things are clear at this point... 1) Eli is the best player on the team. 2) The Defense is a complete embarrassment and has been for three years now. Hard to really argue with that. He's already proven he can win a Super Bowl with a great defense....which we haven't had since the Super Bowl run.

</P>

Fewell gets some blame, but I'd blame injuries first.....this guy is making due with what he's got.</P>

Martyr
12-06-2011, 11:59 PM
I think its safe to say Eli is hands down the best player on the team. He is putting up his best numbers without a running game and a shaky oline. He is keeping the Giants in games.

JMFP2
12-07-2011, 12:06 AM

Yeah, that was a bad throw, but he made numerous great plays throughoput the game to keep us in this game and that late 4th Quarter drive and 2 point converiosn audible was outstanding.</P>

We are watching the best QB this franchise has ever had. We need toappreciate it. </P>

The Defense really needs to step up.35 points was more than enoug to win the game.</P>

I won't deny that. I lived through Dave Brown, Kent Graham, and Danny Kanell so I am grateful for a QB that gives us a fighting chance. I'm just not prepared to praise him for his performance in this particular game.</P>

Dave Brown.....the name sends chills up my spine.</P>

George Young hit rocking ****ing bottom with that move.</P>

"Uh, Phil Simms, thanks for everything, but we've got this hotshot named Dave Brown that we are going to hand the team over to.....don't let the door hit you on the *** on the way out."</P>

rebelfan1966
12-07-2011, 10:20 AM

</P>

One can argue he threw for 4 TDs, because all the evidence suggest the Ballard pass was indeed a TD.</P>

Roosevelt
12-07-2011, 10:24 AM

</p>

One can argue he threw for 4 TDs, because all the evidence suggest the Ballard pass was indeed a TD.</p>

And 5 if we count Matthews. [;)]

rebelfan1966
12-07-2011, 10:50 AM

</P>

One can argue he threw for 4 TDs, because all the evidence suggest the Ballard pass was indeed a TD.</P>

And 5 if we count Matthews. [;)]
</P>

touche'</P>

bearbryant
12-07-2011, 11:05 AM
This is a team sport- no I in team- plenty of I's in LOSS. Eli has made better choices this year than last. He can get better just like all the guys on this team. You need a good FO and coaching staff to help these guys do that! Get it done Mara!

RobCarpenter
12-07-2011, 07:52 PM

+1
</P>

You're both pathetic. </P>

</P>

+1</P>

I get more convinced everyday that harooni and rosie are the same lady. No way too folks could be so....equally confused.</P>

lawl
12-07-2011, 08:04 PM
I do see an awful lot of hypocricism going on though.</P>

The same type of game Eli had against the Saints and GB are games that people would criticize other QBs like Brees for having when the Saints were going 8-8 and he was throwing for 5000 yards.</P>

It just goes to show judging a quarterback by wins is not a wise thing to do. If they're playing well, they're playing. If they're not, they're not. Obviously, there's a huge correlation between good QB play and team wins, but it really should hold no bearing on the actual player's play. </P>

There were guys on here clamoring that Rivers, Brees, and others were overrated because of their stats and pointed out their teams records. Why isn't the same thing now happening? </P>

I've always maintained that Eli's finest season was 2009(besides this one of course), of which was the worst record we've had while he was the starting QB(for the whole year). </P>

I'm just rambling on and on now, so I'll sum up my point. Judge QBs by the same standard and don't flip it to fit your agenda. This is a place where you can stand back and think out what you're going to say, you can erase things and rephrase over and over before it's made official. Be consistent. Don't be the guys that said Brees wasn't good when he threw for 5000 yards because the saints were 8-8 then say Eli was great in the two recent losses. </P>

</P>

RobCarpenter
12-07-2011, 08:40 PM
<FONT size=4><FONT size=3>I'm just rambling on and on now</FONT>...</FONT> </P>

</P>

Not sure who you're talking to here lawl, but I agree there appears to be a lot a hypocricy in this thread.</P>

We're fortunate to have a QB of Eli's caliber. I've been very consistent on that. This season has caused many short-sighted folks on this MB to flip-flop. </P>

RobCarpenter
12-07-2011, 08:42 PM

+1
</P>

GTFO with that crap.

The twins do not approve.[:@]</P>

+1</P>

I actually think they are a trinity: rosie is harooni who isreally Tiki's Mom</P>

bashful
12-07-2011, 09:46 PM

idiot and we got back the next series with the rogers int get a freaking life

JMFP2
12-07-2011, 09:57 PM
According to the statistics, Eli is the best 4th quarter QB in the game, and inside the top 5 on a bunch of other stats.</P>

According to the statistics, the Giants defense is ranked 29th in the league.</P>

The Giants rushing defense is ranked dead last in the league.</P>

It's pretty clear to me that Eli is TOTALLY carrying this team.</P>

http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyg/new-york-giants</P>

gumby742
12-07-2011, 10:03 PM
According to the statistics, Eli is the best 4th quarter QB in the game.....it was on display last week, when he went throw for throw against the best QB in the game.* It just came down to hold had the ball last.</P>

According to the statistics, the Giants defense is ranked 29th in the league.</P>

People can draw their own conclusions about who is carrying who.</P>

Eli's carrying the team this season no doubt. Much like he did in 2009, but he's playing even better. Much more efficient and accurate.

gmen0820
12-07-2011, 10:04 PM
I do see an awful lot of hypocricism going on though.</P>

The same type of game Eli had against the Saints and GB are games that people would criticize other QBs like Brees for having when the Saints were going 8-8 and he was throwing for 5000 yards.</P>

It just goes to show judging a quarterback by wins is not a wise thing to do. If they're playing well, they're playing. If they're not, they're not. Obviously, there's a huge correlation between good QB play and team wins, but it* really should hold no bearing on the actual player's play. </P>

There were guys on here clamoring that Rivers, Brees, and others were overrated because of their stats and pointed out their teams records. Why isn't the same thing now happening? </P>

I've always maintained that Eli's finest season was 2009(besides this one of course), of which was the worst record we've had while he was the starting QB(for the whole year). </P>

I'm just rambling on and on now, so I'll sum up my point. Judge QBs by the same standard and don't flip it to fit your agenda. This is a place where you can stand back and think out what you're going to say, you can erase things and rephrase over and over before it's made official. Be consistent. Don't be the guys that said Brees wasn't good when he threw for 5000 yards because the saints were 8-8 then say Eli was great in the two recent losses. </P>

*</P>+1

Stats only matter if Eli puts up good numbers, and wins only matter if the Giants are winning. The double standard on this board is comical.

JMFP2
12-07-2011, 10:06 PM
According to the statistics, Eli is the best 4th quarter QB in the game.....it was on display last week, when he went throw for throw against the best QB in the game. It just came down to hold had the ball last.</P>

People can draw their own conclusions about who is carrying who.</P>

Eli's carrying the team this season no doubt. Much like he did in 2009, but he's playing even better. Much more efficient and accurate.</P>

He's really taken another step.</P>

Phil Simms and Steve Young both remarked that they each took the same step up at Eli's current age......maybe it's just a combination of experience and confidence, or just mental maturity....not sure.</P>

mstray92
12-07-2011, 10:39 PM

</p>

LOL!</p>

+1 lol!

gmen0820
12-07-2011, 10:53 PM

</p>

LOL!</p>

We came very close to defeating the only undeafted NFL team, we give up 38 points, *and some idiots chose to criticize our QB?** </p>

Hate is such a said thing.** </p>

Who gives a crap about if some idiots criticize Eli?* Anyone with half a brain knows this loss or any of the other 3 are not on him.*

Last I heard Eli is a married man with a wife and kid, and his mom is still alive.* Quit pretending to be his mommy.*

+1 lol!
Lmao

Roosevelt
12-07-2011, 11:24 PM

</p>

LOL!</p>

+1 lol!
Lmao

C'mon, the dude acts like a lady.

http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/passtheremote/mrs%20doubtfire%20three.jpg

Always proud of her little mama's boy.

PS - It ain't a knock on Eli. It's on you. [;)]

BBlueSince82
12-08-2011, 01:07 AM
You can't say that Eli is carrying the team because they keep losing. But a couple of things are clear at this point... 1) Eli is the best player on the team. 2) The Defense is a complete embarrassment and has been for three years now. Hard to really argue with that. He's already proven he can win a Super Bowl with a great defense....which we haven't had since the Super Bowl run.

</P>

Fewell gets some blame, but I'd blame injuries first.....this guy is making due with what he's got.</P>

Losing T2 was HUGE, he was on his way to being a pro-bowl corner this year. And it also forced Rolle to play out of position which hurt our secondary immensely!

That being said, blame DEFINITELY has to go more to Fewell than inuries. Yes injuries suck, but they happen. The Packers last year were DEVASTATED with injuries and won it all. Fewell is NOT a top tier DC in my opinion. Yes he has last some players to injuries, but sometimes his schemes, im like, "what are you thinking man??"

Look at the Saints game and anyone I defy you to try and defend Fewell. That defensive performance made me physically ill...

nycsportzfan
12-08-2011, 07:24 AM

Its like the Patriots game where u would think was obvious how much it was a Team effort and yet "eli" carried us!!lol Seriously? He played well and especially down the stretch but didn't our defense hold the Patriots to ZERO points at the HALF for like the 1st time in yrs? What would happened if our D let up 10-17 points to the pats as there usual output by halftime? We woulden't even of had a chance to have the great drive at the end!

Also how many games did our Offense Lag for 2-3 qters against inferior teams only to get it going in the nick of time? Is it ELITE to struggle for a couple to few qters and need to comeback against inferior teams? Sure its grand that we did but i woulden't call it a ELITE game but more like Games that we got it going THANK GOD in the nick of time or we'd of lost! Or how about the philly game where are D held philly to 10points into the 4th qter and yet we lost? Ya thats pretty elite! Add in the Fumble at the end to seal our fate and the 6fumbles on the yr to go with the positives and i see a "SOLID" QB! Not ELITE! God people on here have wierd complexes about ELI!

jakegibbs
12-08-2011, 07:50 AM

Yeah especially when audibled 2 plays in a row to get them out of the bad calls KG sent in on the TD & 2 pt conversion.

You could tell he was totally rattled on those 2 plays for sure. lol

jakegibbs
12-08-2011, 07:54 AM

Yeah, keep telling yourself that butty...and tell Rolle, KP, our LB's, Branard, Ross, Fewell and several others while your at it....</p> dude one of our TD's came by the result of Chase Blackburn and his INT and one of there TD's came directly because of a INT Of ELI* and lets not* forget the running from jacobs who was pretty solid today*** There is a mix of reasons why we were in this game* and why we lost it and why we do good in it*** Hence** a team effort!

Nah.* Our hero just carried us to our 4th straight loss!

Its like the Patriots game where u would think was obvious how much it was* a Team effort** and yet "eli" carried us!!lol* Seriously? He played well and especially down the stretch but didn't our defense hold the Patriots to ZERO points at the HALF for like the 1st time in yrs?* What would happened if our D let up 10-17 points to the pats as there usual output by halftime? We woulden't even of had a chance to have the great drive at the end!

Also how many games did our Offense Lag for 2-3 qters against inferior teams only to get it going in the nick of time? Is it ELITE to struggle for a couple to few qters and need to comeback against inferior teams?* Sure its grand that we did** but i woulden't call it a ELITE game but more like Games that we got it going THANK GOD in the nick of time or we'd of lost!* Or how about the philly game where are D held philly to 10points into the 4th qter and yet we lost? Ya thats pretty elite! Add in the Fumble at the end to seal our fate and the 6fumbles on the yr* to go with the positives and i see a "SOLID" QB! Not ELITE!* God people on here have wierd complexes about ELI!

Yeah I think we'd be better off to trade for Teebow straight up with Denver. John Elway would take that sucker trade in a NY Minute because he don't like Teebow for his QB. He's looking at a more traditional drop back QB.

Let it start right here Teebow for Manning Teebow for Manning Teebow for Manning.

nycsportzfan
12-08-2011, 10:02 AM

Its like the Patriots game where u would think was obvious how much it was a Team effort and yet "eli" carried us!!lol Seriously? He played well and especially down the stretch but didn't our defense hold the Patriots to ZERO points at the HALF for like the 1st time in yrs? What would happened if our D let up 10-17 points to the pats as there usual output by halftime? We woulden't even of had a chance to have the great drive at the end!

Also how many games did our Offense Lag for 2-3 qters against inferior teams only to get it going in the nick of time? Is it ELITE to struggle for a couple to few qters and need to comeback against inferior teams? Sure its grand that we did but i woulden't call it a ELITE game but more like Games that we got it going THANK GOD in the nick of time or we'd of lost! Or how about the philly game where are D held philly to 10points into the 4th qter and yet we lost? Ya thats pretty elite! Add in the Fumble at the end to seal our fate and the 6fumbles on the yr to go with the positives and i see a "SOLID" QB! Not ELITE! God people on here have wierd complexes about ELI!

Yeah I think we'd be better off to trade for Teebow straight up with Denver. John Elway would take that sucker trade in a NY Minute because he don't like Teebow for his QB. He's looking at a more traditional drop back QB.

Let it start right here Teebow for Manning Teebow for Manning Teebow for Manning. huh??lol I hope this isn't a response to saying ELI is "solid" and not "elite" lol If so its just the perfect response to my post above!! As far as calling ELI solid and not ELite somehow gets people thinking its some big diss or something Why would calling ELI solid mean we should trade him for anyone???lol Since when is being SOLID so bad anyways??? lol I just don't get it!!!! LOL

Roosevelt
12-08-2011, 10:28 AM

They certainly do. They have this compulsion to try and get others to see what they see. For they see themselves as having a greater ability to behold the greatness.

Even when Eli struggled they knew it wasn't his fault. They had an entire laundry list of problems which included blaming our owners for not doming the stadium, and blaming the fans for not being more supportive.

It's simply embarrassing.

Gianthunter
12-08-2011, 10:32 AM

Yeah, keep telling yourself that butty...and tell Rolle, KP, our LB's, Branard, Ross, Fewell and several others while your at it....</P> dude one of our TD's came by the result of Chase Blackburn and his INT and one of there TD's came directly because of a INT Of ELI and lets not forget the running from jacobs who was pretty solid today There is a mix of reasons why we were in this game and why we lost it and why we do good in it Hence a team effort!

They certainly do. They have this compulsion to try and get others to see what they see. For they see themselves as having a greater ability to behold the greatness.

Even when Eli struggled they knew it wasn't his fault. They had an entire laundry list of problems which included blaming our owners for not doming the stadium, and blaming the fans for not being more supportive.

The truthsayers have spoken. You may all bow now.

Roosevelt
12-08-2011, 10:35 AM

Let it start right here Teebow for Manning Teebow for Manning Teebow for Manning. huh??lol I hope this isn't a response to saying ELI is "solid" and not "elite" lol If so its just the perfect response to my post above!! As far as calling ELI solid and not ELite somehow gets people thinking its some big diss or something Why would calling ELI solid mean we should trade him for anyone???lol Since when is being SOLID so bad anyways??? lol I just don't get it!!!! LOL

lol.

What do you know? An irrational and extremely immature response by a cultist. What a surprise.

May I remind our friend that to be elite, you have to do it for a period of time. Not 3/4's of a season.

And say what you want about Teebow right now. While we have lost 4 straight, this kid has helped his team win 5 straight and they were below .500 before he started. He can't pass for **** but he knows how to win.

gumby742
12-08-2011, 10:36 AM

Yeah, keep telling yourself that butty...and tell Rolle, KP, our LB's, Branard, Ross, Fewell and several others while your at it....</P>

dude one of our TD's came by the result of Chase Blackburn and his INT and one of there TD's came directly because of a INT Of ELI and lets not forget the running from jacobs who was pretty solid today There is a mix of reasons why we were in this game and why we lost it and why we do good in it Hence a team effort!

The truthsayers have spoken. You may all bow now.</P>

Haha. Let's leave our resident man child of this board alone. This board needs guys like him around. They have this weird complex but it's fascinating.</P>

nycsportzfan
12-09-2011, 07:04 AM

lol.

What do you know? An irrational and extremely immature response by a cultist. What a surprise.

May I remind our friend that to be elite, you have to do it for a period of time. Not 3/4's of a season.

And say what you want about Teebow right now. While we have lost 4 straight, this kid has helped his team win 5 straight and they were below .500 before he started. He can't pass for **** but he knows how to win.
Ya its pretty much comical how u get attacked by these homers on here just for speaking what seems to be just the easiest conclusion to ever come to!!!lol Its like Kindegartners not knowing how to respond so they do so in a namecalling or rude way Its really nuts!!! Just for trying to explain why u feel how u do gets these crazies saying "u hate eli" or whatever!!!lol WHAT?????lol

As for Tebow I think its just plain old Competitive nature and hungriness! going out and playing every game like its your last goes along way! Its funny because u can see it in every BRONCO game as far as the diffrence of playing like your lifes on the line or just playing As usually the first 2-3qters for the broncos there kinda ho humming throgh games with very little success and then once its time to put pedal to metal and they might lose they play extrodinary! If our Team(including ELI) played every snap and against every team like they do when there close to losing a game or when there in a game they know(gb game) that they just can't take a play off they'd be unstoppable!

Slunk3AM
12-09-2011, 07:49 AM
Hmm, I think I will chime in my opinion on this one.

Eli Manning has obviously been having a stellar year, especially statistically. He also has been the main catalyst in an offense that has found a way to pull a WIN out of their asses in the dying minutes of five games so far this year.

If there is any player carrying the largest weight on this team I would say that that player is Eli. He has had to deal with a swiss cheese offensive line (which is a death wish in the NFL), new and inexperienced receivers, the lack of a running game, a porous defense, and as always some questionable play calling... and still somehow he has made the necessary adjustments, decisions, and throws to put our team in a position to win for the majority of our games so far.

He is definitely THE MVP on this team - and is finally showing us solid evidence of why he should have been paid so dearly.

Now with that said - I think that Roosevelt and some of the other posters on this thread are appalled because of the wrong timing of this thread - because we are in the midst of a four game slide... which I understand.

It's hard to give praise, even to a player playing as well as Manning is for us, when the entire team has been losing for a month straight.

I am sure however that when all is said and done - we all just want to see the same thing. We want to see our team:

1) WIN
2) HAVE PLAYERS PLAY WELL AS A TEAM AND INDIVIDUALLY
3) MAKE ANOTHER PLAYOFF RUN

Eli IS playing his best football - but that isn't enough. The entire team MUST step up if we wanna go anywhere. And I am sure the GIants players and coaches are all trying to do that.

NOW THE ONLY THING TO WORRY ABOUT IS ROCKING THEM COWBOYS AND TAKE THE NFC EAST IN DALLAS THIS WEEK!!!!!

Roosevelt
12-09-2011, 09:28 AM
Hmm, I think I will chime in my opinion on this one.

Eli Manning has obviously been having a stellar year, especially statistically. He also has been the main catalyst in an offense that has found a way to pull a WIN out of their asses in the dying minutes of five games so far this year.

If there is any player carrying the largest weight on this team I would say that that player is Eli. He has had to deal with a swiss cheese offensive line (which is a death wish in the NFL), new and inexperienced receivers, the lack of a running game, a porous defense, and as always some questionable play calling... and still somehow he has made the necessary adjustments, decisions, and throws to put our team in a position to win for the majority of our games so far.

He is definitely THE MVP on this team - and is finally showing us solid evidence of why he should have been paid so dearly.

Now with that said - I think that Roosevelt and some of the other posters on this thread are appalled because of the wrong timing of this thread - because we are in the midst of a four game slide... which I understand.

It's hard to give praise, even to a player playing as well as Manning is for us, when the entire team has been losing for a month straight.

I am sure however that when all is said and done - we all just want to see the same thing. We want to see our team:

1) WIN
2) HAVE PLAYERS PLAY WELL AS A TEAM AND INDIVIDUALLY
3) MAKE ANOTHER PLAYOFF RUN

Eli IS playing his best football - but that isn't enough. The entire team MUST step up if we wanna go anywhere. And I am sure the GIants players and coaches are all trying to do that.

NOW THE ONLY THING TO WORRY ABOUT IS ROCKING THEM COWBOYS AND TAKE THE NFC EAST IN DALLAS THIS WEEK!!!!!

Well said my man. [B]

nygfanmaybe
12-10-2011, 08:04 AM
God people on here have wierd complexes about ELI!
</P>

They certainly do...on both sides.</P>

Die-Hard
12-10-2011, 09:59 AM
Keep it civil, boys and girls