PDA

View Full Version : Prolific Passers

SkipBrainles
02-07-2012, 01:36 AM
On every talk show I've heard today, the debate about Eli being Hall of Fame worthy. The more negative commentators say, "You can't judge everything on Super Bowls. Are you saying Eli i a better QB than Dan Marino?"

That got me thinking about two things:

1) How many times has the QB with the most yards in a season won the SB in that season?

2) Why are there so few rings among the most prolific passers?

stormblue
02-07-2012, 01:45 AM
being the best marksman in the army doesn't necessarily make you a green beret.

DandyDon
02-07-2012, 01:49 AM
They should ask why some guys consistantly win when it counts and some dont.

I dont know why. But, in the NFL, I know who they are.

Firenugget
02-07-2012, 07:57 AM
On every talk show I've heard today, the debate about Eli being Hall of Fame worthy. The more negative commentators say, "You can't judge everything on Super Bowls. Are you saying Eli i a better QB than Dan Marino?"

That got me thinking about two things:

1) How many times has the QB with the most yards in a season won the SB in that season?

2) Why are there so few rings among the most prolific passers?

Well for one reason, usually the guys who have tons of yards have those yds because they don't have much of a running game and are a pass 1st team. Just look at the Saints. And I think that's why so few have rings. Passing all day is great for stats but when you hit the playoffs and can't run the ball, focusing on and stopping your bread and butter just got alot more attention than maybe it would in the reg season.

But they are right in a sense, you can't judge on SB's alone. However when you take Eli's numbers and take into consideration that he plays for (excluding this year somewhat) a run 1st team, in the North East and that he's still only in his 8th year..It becomes obvious that when he gets those few more years under his belt, his numbers will very likely be comparable to the likes of a Brady, etc...

They're comparing an 8th year guy to guys who will most likely be hanging it up in a couple years and talking about total yds, etc...It's stupid. Also I think that them using that logic in the case of Eli is absurd. It's almost the same as calling him Trent Dilfer or Shawn King which is ******ed.