PDA

View Full Version : My gripe with the post super bowl coverage

foosball
02-07-2012, 06:44 AM
Everybody is talking about Welkers drop and acting like the Giants maybe got lucky. Here is my problem with that, a bad holding call and a bad no call on PI ends a scoring drive for the Giants that would have created a huge lead in the first half. On the next drive the Pats got away with PI again, and then later in the game they got away with it a THIRD time. (the one TC finally complained). The Pats were early on the Giant receivers three times, twice that were incredibly blatent. If those penalties are called correctly, and the holding isn't called the Giants run away with this game. The refs were the only reason it was close.

I mean come on..

Firenugget
02-07-2012, 06:47 AM
No reason to pay any attention to it. Let 'em keep talking nonsense while we keep winning.

Someone has a huge smile somewhere...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHWbSBGlDsI

BigBlue187
02-07-2012, 07:00 AM
On sirius xm yesterday they made a good point in saying that yeah the Welker drop was a huge play, but the giants still had to take advantage of it when they got the ball back, which they did.

Firenugget
02-07-2012, 07:05 AM
On sirius xm yesterday they made a good point in saying that yeah the Welker drop was a huge play, but the giants still had to take advantage of it when they got the ball back, which they did.

The logic itself is just ******ed. You could just as easily say that if Manning completed his other 10 passes for a 100% comp rate the game would have been over earlier. It's just plain dumb but for some reason people like to talk that way.

bluesince86
02-07-2012, 07:07 AM

Which is why saying a team got lucky and implying that that was the only reason they won is just false. Every team that ends up wining a Championship has some sort of lucky bounce here are there, but ultimately they have and make plays to win the game.