PDA

View Full Version : We're the luckiest team in the NFL

egyptian420
02-07-2012, 08:30 AM
Or atleast that's what everyone is telling me...

Story of 07: "the defense won that championship"
"Eli had a lucky pass"
"Tyree's catch was all luck"
"Asanthe dropped a game ending pick"

And now our new story is: "we got lucky that Wes dropped that ball"
"Brady's receivers lost the game, we didn't win"
"we luckily landed on all our fumbles"
"we don't deserve to be in the SB because we were 9-7"

I don't even think another ring for Eli will get it through their heads...thank God we're not that pathetic and bitter and we actually have a SB caliber team

AllTuckedUp
02-07-2012, 08:34 AM
We got lucky a lot this playoffs. However, in order to win the Super Bowl you need to have some luck on your side.

egyptian420
02-07-2012, 08:37 AM
We got lucky a lot this playoffs. However, in order to win the Super Bowl you need to have some luck on your side.
I don't know about "luck"....but we sure had some stuff go our way like SF beating NO. But we did what a SB team does and capitalized on everything that went our way.

bgblucru5656
02-07-2012, 08:38 AM
WHICH, OBVIOUSLY ENOUGH, THE PATRIOTS DONT HAVE!!!!!

bLuereverie
02-07-2012, 08:42 AM
Giants' receivers made their catches, Patriots' receivers didn't. Boohoo.

Pats secondary overwhelmed for most of the game. They picked the worst time to turn back into the Pats secondary.

They were lucky Bradshaw gave them their opportunity back, it's not the Giants fault they didn't do anything with it.

G-Man67
02-07-2012, 08:45 AM
i don't remember anyone calling us unlucky when we were at or near the top of the NFL in dropped passes ???? and Nicks' hands are twice the size of Welker's

buddy33
02-07-2012, 09:23 AM
I don't care what people think.

Where the Giants so lucky to have so many guys on IR? They where lucky to have their starting LT out since about the middle I the season?

Maybe they where lucky because the guy that made the interception was supposed to be teaching math right about now.

The better team won. They where battle tested and they deserved it. They earned their ring.

GameTime
02-07-2012, 09:26 AM
Its funny how its "lucky" that we got the fumbles bac but if they recoved them luck would have nothing to do with it.</P>

A football play is a football play.....period. OH yeah....that include catching and missing passes.</P>

I am sure Welker doesnt consider himself "unlucky". He knows he sould have made a catch he knows he can make without luck having one hting to do with it.</P>

egyptian420
02-07-2012, 09:33 AM
i don't remember anyone calling us unlucky when we were at or near the top of the NFL in dropped passes ???? and Nicks' hands are twice the size of Welker's
+2

stormblue
02-07-2012, 09:49 AM
well , LUCKY for us there's a special place at Metlife stadium to display all these Lombardy
trophies.

appletree943
02-07-2012, 09:53 AM
that fumble but the pats had 12 men on the field was lucky

Dover Giant
02-07-2012, 09:55 AM
Ok if we're the luckiest does tha make NE the unluckiest.
I'll take luck iand a WIN anytime thankyou

CDN_G-FAN
02-07-2012, 09:56 AM

"Eli had a lucky pass"

I don't even think another ring for Eli will get it through their heads...thank God we're not that pathetic and bitter and we actually have a SB caliber team
</P>

LOLOL. We don't deserve to be in the SB? Why didn't anyone stop us ? Cuz we're lucky?</P>

i'm loving how fans who root for teams that can't make the plays necessary to win chaulk it up to luck.</P>

Catch the ball, recover the fumble, don't give us a safety, don't throw the pick. don't make a non-playoff team mistake (12 men) in the SB.</P>

they plays are right there. its not luck. The Pats just couldn't finish.</P>

AND OF ALL TEAMS TALKING ABOUT LUCK??? Cundiff? God help me.</P>

tittletoshofner
02-07-2012, 10:00 AM
I'm curious. In SB 42 when we are driving for a sure touchdown and Eli's pass to a normally surehanded Steve Smith goes right through his hands (at the 5 yard line!) and pops in the air for an interception was that a lucky play for the Pats? Does any Pats fan ever bring that up? Were the Pats incredibly lucky to beat the Ravens? I differ with a lot of you here regarding luck. I don't consider us lucky at all. A better QB makes a better pass to Welker. A better receiver makes the grab in crunch time. Tyree and Manningham weren't lucky, they made big plays.

miked1958
02-07-2012, 10:00 AM
I don't know about "luck"....but we sure had some stuff go our way like SF beating NO. But we did what a SB team does and capitalized on everything that went our way.
</P>

Thats what he means. In a SB winning season usually alot of things have to fall your way. Sometimes it involves luck. Not saying we could not go to NO and knock them out to, but it would have been alot harder game bec they match up better against us. We are the Pats Kyptonite and they our ours. Yes we made a few mistakes and the ball bounced the right way for us to be able to fall on those fumbles with guys hustleing.But its a long season and alot has to go right. We had most of our injuries early and got healthy later in year when some other teams were starting to lose key guys (gronk) Even with all the injuries we were able to have the "THE NEXT MAN UP" Step up and fill in to keep us going. </P>

egyptian420
02-07-2012, 10:11 AM

"Eli had a lucky pass"

</p>

LOLOL. We don't deserve to be in the SB? Why didn't anyone stop us ? Cuz we're lucky?</p>

i'm loving how fans who root for teams that can't make the plays necessary to win chaulk it up to luck.</p>

Catch the ball, recover the fumble, don't give us a safety, don't throw the pick. don't make a non-playoff team mistake (12 men) in the SB.</p>

they plays are right there. its not luck. The Pats just couldn't finish.</p>

AND OF ALL TEAMS TALKING ABOUT LUCK??? Cundiff? God help me.</p>
couldn't have said it better myself

egyptian420
02-07-2012, 10:12 AM
</p>

Thats what he means. In a SB winning season usually alot of things have to fall your way. Sometimes it involves luck. Not saying we could not go to NO and knock them out to, but it would have been alot harder game bec they match up better against us. We are the Pats Kyptonite and they our ours. Yes we made a few mistakes and the ball bounced the right way for us to be able to fall on those fumbles with guys hustleing.But its a long season and alot has to go right. We had most of our injuries early and got healthy later in year when some other teams were starting to lose key guys (gronk) Even with all the injuries we were able to have the "THE NEXT MAN UP" Step up and fill in to keep us going. </p>
+1....not to mention the 2 page list of injuries we've had all season, losing 2 of our TE's in the SB didn't seem to hurt us all that much, Pascoe and Hynoski stepped up and tried filling those roles to the best of their ability

chasjay
02-07-2012, 10:25 AM
I just looked up Super Bowl Champions on Wikipedia. For both Super Bowls XLII and XIVI it lists "Winning Team" - New York Giants / "Losing Team" - New England Patriots

that suits me

GCGiant
02-07-2012, 10:34 AM
Lucky now...but how did you feel at the end of the Eagles game last year? We've had our share of the bad since the last Lombardi, IMO.

It is hard for one team to keep repeating, but when the same teams keep surfacing, then you have an idea who the "elite" teams are in the NFL.

Tony Bruno
02-07-2012, 10:35 AM
There is an amount of luck in any sport... Its part of the game but I dont thin we got lucky to win 6 striaght games and knockoff the best teams in the NFL 1 by 1... </P>

</P>

"Luck" is just a phrase haters use... Thats it!!!</P>

Down-lifer
02-07-2012, 10:50 AM
We got lucky a lot this playoffs. However, in order to win the Super Bowl you need to have some luck on your side."luck"? Everything comes down to execution, even recovering fumbles is execution. Everything gets balanced out in the end. Giants played there asses off, had great game plans and they executed better than ever team they played!

BillTheGreek
02-07-2012, 10:55 AM
I don't think it was Luck, I would say it is Talent,Timming,and desire to WIN................Giants were very Motivated

ngirard85'
02-07-2012, 10:59 AM
Fumbles and missed INT may have gone our way, but the refs were definitely on the oppositions side.

Big Blue 418
02-07-2012, 11:05 AM
Brady and the tuck rule wasn't lucky ?

ny06
02-07-2012, 11:05 AM
<FONT face=Arial>appletree943</FONT> (/members/appletree943.aspx) </P>

We got 2 Super Bowl trophies in 4 years, how do you like them apples?</P>

</P>

Gmen2005
02-07-2012, 11:21 AM
I'd love to be lucky and a champ than not.

BigBlue1971
02-07-2012, 11:32 AM
i think the Giants caused some of that "luck" by putting themselves in the position tocaptialize.</P>

they had several breaks but just took advantage of it thats all. if thats luck i can live with that! </P>

you see the same thing in every football game but because this was the superbowl it was magnified.</P>

just continue to be lucky G-Men!</P>

egyptian420
02-07-2012, 12:09 PM
lool good old Bayless....Why am I not surprised he just said "How lucky are the Giants Brady made 1 bad throw to Welker?"

What about the interception to an LB playing safety 60 yards down the field, what about the safety? I know the entire show is scripted, but damn, this just hurts my ears, I wish I could forward his part to just listen to Mangini.

jaygoon
02-07-2012, 12:11 PM
Consistent luck is considered skill.

ikebibby91
02-07-2012, 12:12 PM

"Eli had a lucky pass"

What is your counter argument? I don't seethe reason for this post.

egyptian420
02-07-2012, 12:18 PM
The concept of us being lucky is laughable...Everyone in here already knows, do you actually expect me to explain why we're not lucky because one of their players dropped a ball? I thought the concept of American Football was pretty straight forward...

The purpose of the post was to make a list of things that I (and other Gmen fans might) hear daily from other bitter fans.

Dorothy
02-07-2012, 12:20 PM

****** * * * * * ** "Eli had a lucky pass"
******************* "Tyree's catch was all luck"
******************* "Asanthe dropped a game ending pick"

****************************************** "Brady's receivers lost the game, we didn't win"
****************************************** "we luckily landed on all our fumbles"
****************************************** "we don't deserve to be in the SB because we were 9-7
"

Let the sore losers call it what they will. we GIANTS fans call it playing football. watching the parade now. WOW
wish I could be there, but live in Mass. Congrats to our SUPERBOWL GIANTS

M0rbid
02-07-2012, 12:25 PM
Everytime Pats fan talks about luck, remind them of Tuck rule, Steve Kasay choke kickoff, etc.......