PDA

View Full Version : Free agents for 2013 and 2014 - scary

gumby742
02-07-2012, 08:49 AM
A bit on the scary side.</P>

2013 - KP, Cruz, Beatty, </P>

2014 - Nicks, Tuck, Boley, Webster, Joseph</P>

I left other other "lesser" people.</P>

So uhm yeah. Save cap space and try and resign at least3 of the 8 guys on there. We won't be able to afford much else. We need to be very careful with our cap this year. I'm almost inclined to say - resign and extend no one unless it's for rediculously cheap.</P>

BigBlueFanNJ
02-07-2012, 08:54 AM
Do signing bonuses count against the cap maybe they can be a little creative there!

LT_was_good
02-07-2012, 09:00 AM
Hard to know who will be healthy and/or effective two years from now. If we're assuming "everyone," then I would say Cruz and KP next year would be top priorities, then Nicks and either Tuck or Boley in 2014.

AllTuckedUp
02-07-2012, 09:01 AM

So uhm yeah.* Save cap space and try and resign at least*3 of the 8 guys on there.* We won't be able to afford much else.* We need to be very careful with our cap this year.* I'm almost inclined to say - resign and extend no one unless it's for rediculously cheap.</P>

Cruz, Beatty, Nicks and Webster should be priorities.

Redeyejedi
02-07-2012, 09:30 AM
Hard to know who will be healthy and/or effective two years from now. If we're assuming "everyone," then I would say Cruz and KP next year would be top priorities, then Nicks and either Tuck or Boley in 2014.
I like Boley a lot but 2 years from now when his contract is up I doubt very much he is resigned.

elismom
02-07-2012, 09:53 AM

So uhm yeah.* Save cap space and try and resign at least*3 of the 8 guys on there.* We won't be able to afford much else.* We need to be very careful with our cap this year.* I'm almost inclined to say - resign and extend no one unless it's for rediculously cheap.</P>

Tuck, Cruz, Nicks you can remove right now. The rest will have some work to do if they want to get resigned. The above might write there own checks but the rest will have to be contract friendly

TuckYou
02-07-2012, 10:03 AM
This is why the draft is SOOOOOOO important to keep a winning team alive. </P>

Dover Giant
02-07-2012, 10:05 AM
As much as it sucks having to let productive players that have contributed alot too the G-Mens success it also feels good to have to make these choices because the roster is full of quality players

miked1958
02-07-2012, 10:08 AM

So uhm yeah. Save cap space and try and resign at least3 of the 8 guys on there. We won't be able to afford much else. We need to be very careful with our cap this year. I'm almost inclined to say - resign and extend no one unless it's for rediculously cheap.</P>

Well first off we have enough problems this off season with guys that need to be resigned. </P>

with that said. maybe to try and keep these guys on board they re design the contracts prior to them ending backloaded or something like that. </P>

stormblue
02-07-2012, 10:16 AM
37 guys on this team were not on the '07 team.
we'll draft right , and we'll be fine.

you have teams like the Eagles who spend all their money on free agent hotshots and overpaying their core players.
then you have the Steelers.....who build through the draft and when 5 years are up the players move on and somebody else steps up.

Eagles 0 rings , Steelers 6 rings.

THE_New_York_Giants
02-07-2012, 10:28 AM
37 guys on this team were not on the '07 team.
we'll draft right , and we'll be fine.

you have teams like the Eagles who spend all their money on free agent hotshots and overpaying their core players.
then you have the Steelers.....who build through the draft and when 5 years are up the players move on and somebody else steps up.

Eagles 0 rings , Steelers 6 rings.

The steelers team that won XL was completely different that the team that won XLIV. This Giants team is almost completely different than XLVI. The draft is where championships are built (except in Madden)

CDN_G-FAN
02-07-2012, 10:53 AM

</P>

When you see this, and you're looking to carve out more money for Osi, and more money for MM, and the same money for Jacobs.</P>

You see the struggle the cap is going to be.</P>

There's guys above we can't lose (Cruz, Nicks, Web, Boley if LBers don't develop).</P>

Are Osi and MM really in the 'can't lose' category?</P>

JJC7301
02-07-2012, 11:01 AM

</P>

It's not going to be as scary as you think -- that's next year and the following. We'll keep the guys that we absolutely must (assuming they're healthy) -- we always do.</P>

We've got 21 FAs THIS season -- it's going to be an interesting next 6 months.</P>

gumby742
02-07-2012, 11:05 AM

</P>

When you see this, and you're looking to carve out more money for Osi, and more money for MM, and the same money for Jacobs.</P>

There's guys above we can't lose (Cruz, Nicks, Web, Boley if LBers don't develop).</P>

</P>

Which is why we should let Osi and MM walk imo. Although Osi is technically signed through next year i think. </P>

Rarely does a team - especially this one spend over 10 million in the offseason. Nicks is going to be worth at least 7 and Cruz at least 5 imo. Webster - more then his current 8 million. That's a lot of dough for 3 players.</P>

JJC7301
02-07-2012, 11:07 AM

</P>

</P>

Osi IS a can't lose, IMO. Or at least draft another DE. We've got the nice 3-man DE rotation with JPP, Tuck, and Osi (you can throw Tolly in there, too). People talk about moving Kiwi back to DE, but we need to leave him in one spot, for once. He's a good LB and you can use him as a DE when necessary -- Kiwi as LB is such GREAT flexibility. Plus, Tuck is very good rushing from the inside as well. If he's a full time DE on the outside, that's more flexibility that we'd be losing.</P>

Point is, if you let Osi go then make sure that you get a DE high in the draft who you can team up with JPP and Tuck for the future. DON'T lose that depth at DE.</P>

And I wouldn't let Osi go anyway. Maybe I'd give him a little more money, but either way I'm not letting him out of his contract. No one forced him to sign it 6 years ago (or whenever it was).</P>