PDA

View Full Version : kevin gilbride

bigbluefan1986
02-07-2012, 10:18 AM
has called two game winning drives in the superbowl. you still want him gone?

sideline sneek
02-07-2012, 10:40 AM
has called two game winning drives in the superbowl. you still want him gone?He has done his job. He has called more than just two game winning drives. (but I get your point). KG has proven himself through out his tenure in the league and with the NYG's. He stays by all means. "Pay the man".

geonyg
02-07-2012, 10:58 AM
Further proof of what I always say to some friends who criticize the play calling like they know better.
If the players execute properly, the guys a genius, If they screw up, he's an idiot.

Firenugget
02-07-2012, 10:59 AM
Further proof of what I always say to some friends who criticize the play calling like they know better.
If the players execute properly, the guys a genius, If they screw up, he's an idiot.

yeah, that about sums it up.

Tony Bruno
02-07-2012, 11:46 AM
After the interview with Eli, the success isnt all on KG... Eli is a big part of the gameplan and what plays are called... I was a KG basher but up until I heard Eli say those things I cant blame KG all the way... I think he lets Eli do more of the playcalling then we think... I think he is more resposible for packages and personell... </P>

At the end of the day, THIS coaching staff has put another trophy in the case and thats pretty tough to argue with...</P>

ELIteManning
02-07-2012, 12:51 PM
My guess that this upcoming year will be his last with us. If we have a successful season he will likely get a head coaching shot somewhere. Only reason he didn't this year is because we made a superbowl run.

CDN_G-FAN
02-07-2012, 12:53 PM
Further proof of what I always say to some friends who criticize the play calling like they know better. If the players execute properly, the guys a genius, If they screw up, he's an idiot.</P>

</P>

+1</P>

CDN_G-FAN
02-07-2012, 12:55 PM
Gilbride's post game comments shows how well he understands this game and his role.</P>

He mentioned that the Pats gameplan was to take away the big play and make us sustain long drives with short passes underneath without shooting ourselves in the foot.</P>

And he mentioned we were shooting ourselves in the foot (penalties etc) so their game plan was working pretty good.</P>

to have most of our huge plays taken away from us and still come out on top was impressive.</P>

giantsforce
02-07-2012, 01:24 PM
has called two game winning drives in the superbowl. you still want him gone?It is not time for this debate now. However, it seems that everyone overlooks the fact that we had the ball 25 out of the 30 min at the first half and we go down a point at the half. You would think that with so much time of possession, would would have more that 9 points to show at the end of the half and 2 of those points cam on defense. So, productivity-wise the 25 min possession produced only 7 points. I wouldn't call that great game plan.

ikebibby91
02-07-2012, 01:26 PM

Even after '07 I still hated Gilbride and wanted him gone. I stand corrected. He needed a certain type of QB to run his offense and Eli has developed into that QB.

Bluesmagoo
02-07-2012, 01:27 PM
Never wanted him or Fewell gone. And with all the coaching posts filled it looks like they will remain Giants. How do we lock up our free agents? I am tired of the mass exodus after an SB win.

CDN_G-FAN
02-07-2012, 01:32 PM
has called two game winning drives in the superbowl. you still want him gone?It is not time for this debate now. However, it seems that everyone overlooks the fact that we had the ball 25 out of the 30 min at the first half and we go down a point at the half. You would think that with so much time of possession, would would have more that 9 points to show at the end of the half and 2 of those points cam on defense. So, productivity-wise the 25 min possession produced only 7 points. I wouldn't call that great game plan.
</P>

See the post above.</P>

Pats defense figured we've lived off of the big play so much that if we're forced to execute 16 play drives for points at some point in those 16 plays we'd shoot ourselves in the foot.</P>

Gilbride said it was a solid plan and it was working, because we were shooting ourselves in the foot.</P>

this is why BB is so respected as a defensive mind. it's a simple, clever plan, and i never considered how much we've lived off of the huge 50+ yard play this season and offseason.</P>

we totally did . and that covers up nicely the tendency to have a drop, or a miscommunication on a route, or a hold, or a missed assignment if your play count is getting super high because you can't take 30 or 40 yards off the field at once.</P>

Ware missed a chip and eli got sacked, boothe gets a hold, manningham missed a back shoulder read, JJ had a drop, Mackenzie had a whiff.</P>

all those ended drives or contributed to ending drives, and that's just off the top of my head.</P>

that's not a problem with our offensive gameplan, that's a defensive gameplan that forces us to execute a dink and dunk offense flawlessly when we're not.</P>

nycisgreat
02-07-2012, 01:57 PM

I own up to my mistakes. I can honestly say that I will call for Gilbrides head. He has done his job, and I am just a spoiled fan. 2 superbowls under him, so it would be foolish for me to complain about it. Mr. Gilbride accept my apologies. You are done us all a solid.

Kruunch
02-07-2012, 02:04 PM
Further proof of what I always say to some friends who criticize the play calling like they know better. If the players execute properly, the guys a genius, If they screw up, he's an idiot.</P>

*</P>

+1</P>

+2

giantsforce
02-07-2012, 02:44 PM
</p>

See the post above.</p>

Pats defense figured we've lived off of the big play so much that if we're forced to execute 16 play drives for points at some point in those 16 plays we'd shoot ourselves in the foot.</p>

Gilbride said it was a solid plan and it was working, because we were shooting ourselves in the foot.</p>

this is why BB is so respected as a defensive mind. it's a simple, clever plan, and i never considered how much we've lived off of the huge 50+ yard play this season and offseason.</p>

we totally did . and that covers up nicely the tendency to have a drop, or a miscommunication on a route, or a hold, or a missed assignment if your play count is getting super high because you can't take 30 or 40 yards off the field at once.</p>

Ware missed a chip and eli got sacked, boothe gets a hold, manningham missed a back shoulder read, JJ had a drop, Mackenzie had a whiff.</p>

all those ended drives or contributed to ending drives, and that's just off the top of my head.</p>

that's not a problem with our offensive gameplan, that's a defensive gameplan that forces us to execute a dink and dunk offense flawlessly when we're not.</p>Well, that's fine and I agree with the fact that BB had a very good defensive game plan. However, the problem was more that we were putting ourselves on 3rd and long constantly. It seemed that NE did not respect our running game and we did not adjust. That's all I am saying. Kudos to Eli for spreading the ball around.

NJGIANTinNC
02-07-2012, 02:49 PM
his system is too complicated for the receivers,
especially Mario, to understand.(in Red)

Mod_C
02-07-2012, 02:49 PM
</p>

See the post above.</p>

Pats defense figured we've lived off of the big play so much that if we're forced to execute 16 play drives for points at some point in those 16 plays we'd shoot ourselves in the foot.</p>

Gilbride said it was a solid plan and it was working, because we were shooting ourselves in the foot.</p>

this is why BB is so respected as a defensive mind. it's a simple, clever plan, and i never considered how much we've lived off of the huge 50+ yard play this season and offseason.</p>

we totally did . and that covers up nicely the tendency to have a drop, or a miscommunication on a route, or a hold, or a missed assignment if your play count is getting super high because you can't take 30 or 40 yards off the field at once.</p>

Ware missed a chip and eli got sacked, boothe gets a hold, manningham missed a back shoulder read, JJ had a drop, Mackenzie had a whiff.</p>

all those ended drives or contributed to ending drives, and that's just off the top of my head.</p>

that's not a problem with our offensive gameplan, that's a defensive gameplan that forces us to execute a dink and dunk offense flawlessly when we're not.</p>Well, that's fine and I agree with the fact that BB had a very good defensive game plan. However, the problem was more that we were putting ourselves on 3rd and long constantly. It seemed that NE did not respect our running game and we did not adjust. That's all I am saying. Kudos to Eli for spreading the ball around.

You hang tough now lol

chuckedafter5yards
02-07-2012, 04:11 PM
Yes for wearing that ugly sweater today.

bashful
02-07-2012, 04:14 PM
Are you freaking kidding the man is an idiot.
Did anyone hear Eli's response when asked how many plays he changed in the final drive. As the class act he is he said it was a great game plan.
Get with it - Eli bailed this trolls butt out all season.
FIRE HIM HE IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE A TOTAL IDIOT!!! NEVER LIKED HIM NEVER WILL. WE WIN IN SPITE OF HIM!!

CDN_G-FAN
02-07-2012, 04:16 PM
Are you freaking kidding the man is an idiot. Did anyone hear Eli's response when asked how many plays he changed in the final drive. As the class act he is he said it was a great game plan. Get with it - Eli bailed this trolls butt out all season. FIRE HIM HE IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE A TOTAL IDIOT!!! NEVER LIKED HIM NEVER WILL. WE WIN IN SPITE OF HIM!!</P>

</P>

LOLOLOL</P>

4 more years for Gilbride !!!!!</P>

LOVE IT !!!!!!</P>

bansaw
02-07-2012, 04:20 PM
Are you freaking kidding the man is an idiot. Did anyone hear Eli's response when asked how many plays he changed in the final drive. As the class act he is he said it was a great game plan. Get with it - Eli bailed this trolls butt out all season. FIRE HIM HE IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE A TOTAL IDIOT!!! NEVER LIKED HIM NEVER WILL. WE WIN IN SPITE OF HIM!!</p>

</p>

LOLOLOL</p>

4 more years for Gilbride !!!!!</p>

LOVE IT !!!!!!</p>lol

[B]

calzonesays
02-07-2012, 06:58 PM
i think he gets conservative at times, but he's been great.

GameTime
02-07-2012, 07:06 PM
football is a team game and that includes the coaches. Good thing happen more then they dont on the Giants O. </P>

He gets some blame and he gets some credit........If he stays I see no problem at all. To have a QB and an OC team up for this many years is great. BTW....if Eli wanted him gone he would be....</P>

</P>