PDA

View Full Version : Giants vs Patriots has taken on the same classic battles the likes of Ali vs Frazier, Ali vs Foreman, and Hearns vs Leonard

Razur
02-07-2012, 09:22 AM
When ever these two teams meet..this match-up will be one of the biggest viewed as it has now become legendary rivalary.

Regardless of future outcomes, the Giants vs Patriots is now shaping up to be one of the biggest sports rivalries in the history of competitive sports.

Voldamort
02-26-2012, 07:04 PM
Yes it does,can we get a thiller in n.orleans?

egyptian420
02-26-2012, 07:07 PM
The only other teams I hate more are the ones in our division and the Jets.

Pakman
02-26-2012, 10:30 PM
This my order of teams I hate

1) Every other team in the NFC East
2) The Saints

Idc about anyone else ...

GmenFan1980
02-26-2012, 10:35 PM
Giants vs patriots is better then Colts vs patriots lolololol

greenca190
02-26-2012, 10:39 PM

2) The Saints

I actually somewhat respect the saints and what they have built down there in their short span of success.

If I had to pick one team that I have always hated outside of the division, it would be the Vikings. It goes back to when I was six or seven, and I hated their jerseys and helmets. And now that I am older, I hate how they run their organization altogether. I hate how they just seem to patch over important parts of their team with short term fixes rather than build an actual team. Seems as if they have been cycling through veteran quarterbacks with a grudge for as long as I can remember.

Jim Irsay and the Colts organization has quickly crept up on my nerves. I don't care what they do with Peyton at all, but it seems as if Irsay is making all of his moves as transparent as possible without actually making them. Seems as if he wants to remain being a "good guy" when he shouldn't care about the label whatsoever.

FeaglesPuntsEaglesRunts
02-26-2012, 11:51 PM
Giants/Patriots have produced some of the best games of the last decade. There past 4 meetings have been incredible.

jhamburg
02-27-2012, 12:05 AM
Giants/Patriots have produced some of the best games of the last decade. There past 4 meetings have been incredible.

Have to be proud because it seems like we're the only team in the league that has their number. I mean is there any team in the league that's over .500 against the Pats in the last decade? Certainly not anyone in their division, or the Steelers, or the Colts...

JJC7301
02-27-2012, 12:17 AM
Yeah, it is a good one. And being that it's NY vs. Boston makes it that much more special.

Pretty cool knowing that we "own" the NFL's most recent dynasty.

SanDiablo
02-27-2012, 12:24 AM
People wanted Giants Ravens for revenge. Screw that, I love watching Boston lose. Next up, however, I want to beat the Steelers. Their fans need to be shut up.

JJC7301
02-27-2012, 12:50 AM
People wanted Giants Ravens for revenge. Screw that, I love watching Boston lose. Next up, however, I want to beat the Steelers. Their fans need to be shut up.
I did want the Ravens, myself, to make up for SB 35.

+1 on the Steelers, but I've got no prob with their fans. I just love the idea of those 2 great NFL franchises going head-to-head.

Toadofsteel
02-27-2012, 02:05 AM
The only team I truly HATE now is the eagles. No room left in my heart for even hating on the cowboys, let alone the patriots.

GMen869007
02-27-2012, 04:14 AM
My least favorite NFL teams are in this order:

1. Eagles
2. Patriots
3. Cowboys

I absolutely love beating the Patriots, but I did want the Ravens myself. I wouldn't mind a round 3 at some point before Brady retires, but this time it'd be nice to make the ultimate statement by going out there in our home blue jerseys and just dominate them in all facets.

MikeIsaGiant
02-27-2012, 08:47 AM
Giants vs Patriots amazing games...

Scared to play them all the time

ghwriter1976
02-27-2012, 09:16 AM
I was one of the many who wanted the Ravens to make up for XXXV, but hey, beating the Patriots a second time to shut down the "07 was a fluke" talk turned out to be even sweeter.

Giants vs. Steelers would be truly epic, since both teams are cut from the same old-school cloth. But I would still like another shot at the Ravens to get the 5th ring...

Pksoze
02-27-2012, 10:39 AM
I don't hate the Patriots I consider them a good rival. Belichick was actually way classier than Harbaugh was in the NFC championship. IF i had a dream playoff run next year I hope we trash Philly, Saints, and Baltimore in the playoffs. The ultimate two year revenge tour.

ralphpal
02-27-2012, 12:00 PM
Even though we lost to baltimore in the superbowl it was so long ago that the teams are so different i couldnt see how it is revenge .
I really wanted to play the pats because beating them meant to much more.
Just think 12 years from now and Brady isnt playing and Eli isnt paying and 2 different coaches. Maybe only 1 or 2 people are the same do you think the Pats fans would think of it as revenge if they beat us in the superbowl ? I wouldnt because it isnt the same team . The fans will want to win but to me i wouldnt call that revenge .

bgblucru5656
02-27-2012, 12:05 PM
Yes it does,can we get a thiller in n.orleans?
hell, i'd just like to beat new orleans in new orleans

blueomaha
02-27-2012, 12:33 PM
i agree...besides winning SB46, my favorite win of the season was against GB...the NYG slapped the smirk of Rogers face and took the belt...love the beat down.....

Flip Empty
02-27-2012, 12:38 PM
i agree...besides winning SB46, my favorite win of the season was against GB...the NYG slapped the smirk of Rogers face and took the belt...love the beat down.....

Seeing Rodgers running around not knowing what to do was probably the best part of that match.
That win and the regular season Patriots victory were the games of the season for me.

miken609
02-27-2012, 12:56 PM

2) The Saints

I don't get the hatred for the Saints. They're not in our division and its a great story how they sucked for forever then the got destroyed by Katrina, then as the city was starting to put itself back together, the Saints finally got good and won a Superbowl. So What if they put up high forties on us twice in the last 3 years. They never beat us in the playoffs and how can you not appreciate the greatness of the story and the classiness of Brees and Payton.

Flip Empty
02-27-2012, 01:08 PM

2) The Saints

I don't get the hatred for the Saints. They're not in our division and its a great story how they sucked for forever then the got destroyed by Katrina, then as the city was starting to put itself back together, the Saints finally got good and won a Superbowl. So What if they put up high forties on us twice in the last 3 years. They never beat us in the playoffs and how can you not appreciate the greatness of the story and the classiness of Brees and Payton.
Bitterness over not being able to beat them, I suppose. I used to hate the Seahawks for the same reason, I'm indifferent towards them now.

nycisgreat
02-27-2012, 02:38 PM

I hear that, but I just love my team winning superbowls

Lambeau12
02-27-2012, 03:20 PM

Why do the Giant fans hate Rodgers so much? Is it because he won a super bowl last year?

nygsb42champs
02-27-2012, 03:23 PM
The fact they only meet once every 4 years in the regular season makes it hard to say it is one of the biggest rivalries. They have met in classic games for sure but to put it in a rivalry is hard.

Manning4MVP
02-27-2012, 03:36 PM
The NY vs. Boston rivalry in any sport is great.

Manning4MVP
02-27-2012, 03:43 PM

Why do the Giant fans hate Rodgers so much? Is it because he won a super bowl last year?

I'm assuming the arrogance.

During the superbowl pregame show he was saying how the giants faked injuries to slow down GB's no huddle.

Lambeau12
02-27-2012, 04:25 PM

I'm assuming the arrogance.

During the superbowl pregame show he was saying how the giants faked injuries to slow down GB's no huddle.

The guy is humble. In interviews he is the nicest guy around. Maybe he is a little arrogant on the field but that's about it.