PDA

View Full Version : Give Me A Freakin Break!!!

Tony Bruno
02-07-2012, 11:34 AM
<P style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px" dir=ltr>All this crap about Wes Welkers dropped pass... That could have been a huge play but at the end of the day he has made a career of making tough grabs and that pass wasnt that off... </P>
<P style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px" dir=ltr></P>
<P style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px" dir=ltr>Id bet Mario Manningham would have made that catch and Wes wouldnt have made Manninhams grab...</P>
<P style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px" dir=ltr>Bottomline the "great" PATS WRS and TEs couldnt make the plays when it counted most... All Im hearing is how the PATS gave that game away... You know what thats their freakin faults!!!</P>
<P style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px" dir=ltr>#Endastory</P>

FLNYGFAN
02-07-2012, 11:43 AM
The pass was off a bit as he had to turn in the opposite direction, but he still had both hands on the ball and should have caught it.

krygny
02-07-2012, 11:44 AM
<font size="6">Coulda,

shoulda,

woulda,

</font>

TuckYou
02-07-2012, 11:50 AM
It just makes SB 42 and SB 46 runs that much more similar. The Wes Welker drop is this years Assante Samuel drop. Both were not gimmes, but both have been plays made by those players throughout their careers. </P>

Some players choke in the spotlight and cant make the play, and some players are named Eli.</P>

Tony Bruno
02-07-2012, 11:50 AM
<FONT size=6>Coulda,

shoulda,

woulda,

</FONT></P>

</P>

;-)</P>

Tony Bruno
02-07-2012, 11:51 AM
The pass was off a bit as he had to turn in the opposite direction, but he still had both hands on the ball and should have caught it.</P>

</P>

I love that sig pic... Such a great shot!!! Thats is def the view of "ALL IN"!!!</P>

Roosevelt
02-07-2012, 11:54 AM
<p style="margin-right: 0px;" dir="ltr">All this crap about Wes Welkers dropped pass... That could have been a huge play but at the end of the day he has made a career of making tough grabs and that pass wasnt that off... </p>
<p style="margin-right: 0px;" dir="ltr"></p>
<p style="margin-right: 0px;" dir="ltr">Id bet Mario Manningham would have made that catch and Wes wouldnt have made Manninhams grab...</p>
<p style="margin-right: 0px;" dir="ltr">Bottomline the "great" PATS WRS and TEs couldnt make the plays when it counted most... All Im hearing is how the PATS gave that game away... You know what thats their freakin faults!!!</p>
<p style="margin-right: 0px;" dir="ltr">#Endastory</p>

Them's the breaks.

A lot of fans of other teams are saying we're lucky and you know what I say? Thank you very much! [;)]

CDN_G-FAN
02-07-2012, 12:04 PM
they couldn't finish.</P>

the plays were there for them, and they weren't good enough to make them.</P>

that's what makes us the better team.</P>

we made our plays, they didn't make theirs.</P>

Roosevelt
02-07-2012, 12:05 PM
Very true. If the other team doesn't bring their A game, that's their problem.

Tony Bruno
02-07-2012, 12:24 PM
I agree... If anyone knew how important it was to finish this game these two teams did... The Pats had an oppertunity to even up the score and avenge a HUGE loss... Thats right there let alone a SB win should have been enough... Truth be told Welker wasnt the only one to miss... That last drive Branch and Hernandez dropped bread basket passes... I almost feel sorry for Brady............................................. .. NOT!!!</P>

</P>

Us Giants fans will always have to listen to the crap and its cool by me as as long as we are getting bashed we win SB's!!! </P>

wolfie
02-07-2012, 12:32 PM
As my Dad used to say to me when I made an excuse for something....</P>

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah. And if the dog didn't stop to take a pi**, he would have caught the cat.</P>

CDN_G-FAN
02-07-2012, 12:32 PM
I agree... If anyone knew how important it was to finish this game these two teams did... The Pats had an oppertunity to even up the score and avenge a HUGE loss... Thats right there let alone a SB win should have been enough... Truth be told Welker wasnt the only one to miss... That last drive Branch and Hernandez dropped bread basket passes... I almost feel sorry for Brady............................................. .. NOT!!!</P>

</P>

Us Giants fans will always have to listen to the crap and its cool by me as as long as we are getting bashed we win SB's!!! </P>

</P>

If brady converts the 3rd and 11 after the welker drop, the drop doesn't matter.</P>

if brady leads branch with that 1st down throw instead of throwing it into trailing coverage on the final drive, they've got a better chance.</P>

if hernendez catches that shallow crossing route, they've got a chance.</P>

its not that the bounces didn't got their way. they weren't good enough to make more plays than us.</P>

i don't understand all the 'luck' BS. A bird didn't deflect a game winning FG, their QB didn't play as good as ours, their WRs weren't as good as ours, and their defense couldn't stop our when it mattered.</P>

i'm amazed that there's even a discussion going on.</P>

JJC7301
02-07-2012, 12:35 PM
<P style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px" dir=ltr>All this crap about Wes Welkers dropped pass... That could have been a huge play but at the end of the day he has made a career of making tough grabs and that pass wasnt that off... </P>
<P style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px" dir=ltr>Id bet Mario Manningham would have made that catch and Wes wouldnt have made Manninhams grab...</P>
<P style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px" dir=ltr>Bottomline the "great" PATS WRS and TEs couldnt make the plays when it counted most... All Im hearing is how the PATS gave that game away... You know what thats their freakin faults!!!</P>
<P style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px" dir=ltr>#Endastory</P>

</P>

Don't stress and enjoy this moment. Besides, we made plays and they didn't.</P>

tripleaamin9
02-07-2012, 12:38 PM
The pats receivers are limited what they can do unlike the giants receivers.

JJC7301
02-07-2012, 12:39 PM

</P>

</P>

If brady converts the 3rd and 11 after the welker drop, the drop doesn't matter.</P>

if brady leads branch with that 1st down throw instead of throwing it into trailing coverage on the final drive, they've got a better chance.</P>

its not that the bounces didn't got their way. they weren't good enough to make more plays than us.</P>

i don't understand all the 'luck' BS. A bird didn't deflect a game winning FG, their QB didn't play as good as ours, their WRs weren't as good as ours, and their defense couldn't stop our when it mattered.</P>

</P>

HA! You're right -- a bird definitely did not deflect any footballs (at least no one has made that accusation...yet).</P>

Also, when you dominate the time of possession (like the Giants did) by 15 minutes, there's usually a good chance that you're going to win.</P>

The Giants completely outplayed the Pats in every facet of the game -- defense, special teams, the running game, the passing game, our QB, dominated the clock. I mean, really -- am I missing anything here?</P>

keyofgmen
02-07-2012, 12:43 PM
All day I have been explaining a very fundamental fact:

The very definition a team being BETTER than another team is...one team throws better and catches better than the other during the game! That's all..very simple. BETTER!

Mercury
02-07-2012, 12:49 PM
Luck is a part of the game.

The Pats were lucky to be in the SB. Cundiff missed.

Dover Giant
02-07-2012, 12:50 PM
That's why they play the game isn't it.
This ain't fantasy football where stats win.
This is real football where mistakes count

Brandon jacobs
02-07-2012, 12:50 PM
I'm more pissed about the gisele bundchen comments about the receivers dropping hubby's passes. but then again, i suppose she hasn't missed a tom Brady pass.

You win as a team, you lose as a team. endastory

bflo23
02-07-2012, 01:17 PM
If Eli was on the Patriots, he would have thrown a bullet pass in stride to Welker in the numbers and Welker scores a TD. Phillips was 6 or 7 yards away from Welker and didn't have a good angle. Welker was wide open. Eli makes that pass 100% of the time with a blindfold. Brady can't even complete a simple wide open pass to Welker.

Patriot fans should blame Brady more than Welker but we all know how patriot fans are protective with their golden boy.

TuckYou
02-07-2012, 01:28 PM
SB42</P>

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqjCvdPep1J2fufMPFMch7LVjbbW0Yb PL8-uBk5D7ccqNnWsZg</P>

SB46</P>

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR19-7VtdDnE2TRFZe4Fi5FLrESiSx2y1sC3Us9VuYwo4QadPQcHA</P>

=</P>

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzyJ_28-BRwHWvlbFV9eFFKeKwUX8AIGBKShSx6EZD4lcHPQ4aag</P>

</P>

Dorothy
02-07-2012, 01:33 PM
they couldn't finish.</P>

the plays were there for them, and they weren't good enough to make them.</P>

that's what makes us the better team.</P>

we made our plays, they didn't make theirs.</P>

Now they have the Pats Pout.
Thank you Giants for all the good memories until next season

NorwoodBlue
02-07-2012, 01:33 PM
It was poor communication between Brady and Welker, Brady threw outside shoulder , Welker was going for inside shoulder. Welker was twisting backwards against his momentum to try to reach a ball behind him. It would have been a really good catch. Bottom line is either Brady or Welker failed. It doesn't matter which, the team still lost. And that's the bottom line.

ikebibby91
02-07-2012, 01:37 PM
SB42</p>

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqjCvdPep1J2fufMPFMch7LVjbbW0Yb PL8-uBk5D7ccqNnWsZg</p>

SB46</p>

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR19-7VtdDnE2TRFZe4Fi5FLrESiSx2y1sC3Us9VuYwo4QadPQcHA</p>

=</p>

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzyJ_28-BRwHWvlbFV9eFFKeKwUX8AIGBKShSx6EZD4lcHPQ4aag</p>

</p>

Excellent work on the Pats fan photo. Kudos.

Kruunch
02-07-2012, 01:56 PM
<font size="6">Coulda,

shoulda,

woulda,

</font>

+1

BillTheGreek
02-07-2012, 02:09 PM
iT'S all about Timing !

TIMING >>>>>Definition of timing

noun. The regulation of the speed, or of the moment of occurrence, of something so as to produce the most effective results:

BillTheGreek
02-07-2012, 02:22 PM
It was poor communication between Brady and Welker, Brady threw outside shoulder , Welker was going for inside shoulder.* Welker was twisting backwards against his momentum to try to reach a ball behind him.* It would have been a really good catch.* Bottom line is either Brady or Welker failed.* It doesn't matter which, the team still lost.* And that's the bottom line.

Good comment ,Timing way OFF !

NYGinIN
02-07-2012, 02:35 PM
Giants came up big when they had to and the Pats didnt, that simple.

gmen46
02-07-2012, 03:50 PM
Giants came up big when they had to and the Pats didnt, that simple.

Yes.

The Welker drop and the Manningham catch are two great examples of the definition of "choke" and of "clutch".

As difficult as the Welker play was, Welker--by his own admission, and by many observations by pundit and fans--has made that catch before, many times.

And Manningham had missplayed a virtually mirror pass of his game-saver on the opposite side of the field merely moments before, by not keeping both feet in bounds.

Choke. Clutch. The game-winning difference in a Championship Game.

bgblucru5656
02-07-2012, 03:55 PM
QUICK!!!!! SOMEONE CALL THE WAAAAAHHHHHHMBULANCE!!!!!! SEND ALL YOU GOT!!!!!!! <font color="#FF0000">i guess none of our players have any skill. oh well, maybe next year we'll get lucky again</font>

JimC
02-07-2012, 03:58 PM
I agree... If anyone knew how important it was to finish this game these two teams did... The Pats had an oppertunity to even up the score and avenge a HUGE loss... Thats right there let alone a SB win should have been enough... Truth be told Welker wasnt the only one to miss... That last drive Branch and Hernandez dropped bread basket passes... I almost feel sorry for Brady............................................. .. NOT!!!</p>

</p>

Us Giants fans will always have to listen to the crap and its cool by me as as long as we are getting bashed we win SB's!!! </p>

</p>

If brady converts the 3rd and 11 after the welker drop, the drop doesn't matter.</p>

if brady leads branch with that 1st down throw instead of throwing it into trailing coverage on the final drive, they've got a better chance.</p>

if hernendez catches that shallow crossing route, they've got a chance.</p>

its not that the bounces didn't got their way. they weren't good enough to make more plays than us.</p>

i don't understand all the 'luck' BS. A bird didn't deflect a game winning FG, their QB didn't play as good as ours, their WRs weren't as good as ours, and their defense couldn't stop our when it mattered.</p>

i'm amazed that there's even a discussion going on.</p>

</p>

HA! You're right -- a bird definitely did not deflect any footballs (at least no one has made that accusation...yet).</p>

Also, when you dominate the time of possession (like the Giants did) by 15 minutes, there's usually a good chance that you're going to win.</p>

The Giants completely outplayed the Pats in every facet of the game -- defense, special teams, the running game, the passing game, our QB, dominated the clock. I mean, really -- am I missing anything here?</p>

You know...the Pats were damn LUCKY the score wasn't worse.

OrangeGiant
02-07-2012, 04:01 PM
The media just needs something to keep chirping about and over analyzing. That's football. You either make the plays to win or you don't. If this and if that, it doesn't mean a damn thing. If Lee Evans holds onto that ball in the end zone,the Ravens are in the SB, not NE. If Cundiff makes the 30 yard chip shot, that game goes into overtime and who knows what happens. Guess what, it didn't happen. I don't think anyone in NE was complaining about those missed plays.</P>

It wasn't like Brady was making great throws in the 4th quarter, quite the opposite. Was the pass to Welker catchable? Yes. Was it a good pass? No. He was twisting his body in mid air and reaching backward. A better throw and it's an easy catch. They didn't execute the play, period. The Giants did when they had the chances to do so.</P>

That my friends is what decided games and Super Bowl's. The better team won-period. </P>

</P>

Tony Bruno
02-07-2012, 04:48 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

HA! You're right -- a bird definitely did not deflect any footballs (at least no one has made that accusation...yet).</P>

Also, when you dominate the time of possession (like the Giants did) by 15 minutes, there's usually a good chance that you're going to win.</P>

The Giants completely outplayed the Pats in every facet of the game -- defense, special teams, the running game, the passing game, our QB, dominated the clock. I mean, really -- am I missing anything here?</P>

You know...the Pats were damn LUCKY the score wasn't worse.
</P>

</P>

LOL yea thats right... Good point!!!</P>